Perella Weinberg Partners

4.1 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 68 Employee Reviews)

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Very prestigious firm, great analyst experience as both restructuring and M&A. Extensive senior interaction and great mentorship program. Great exit opportunities to Private Equity and Hedge Funds.

firm culture, deal flow

long hours

Comments

great place to establish a career

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Superior financial advisory firm with excellent deal flow, strong principles and committed internal mentors.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture - good, smart colleagues; positive environment

Comments

Perella is a place for people who want to get a great experience in a good work environment to develop their careers.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The business outlook for our firm and variety of deals worked on

Limited outsourcing capabilities

Comments

Comparing notes with classmates who work in virtually every investment bank on the street, cannot be beat from purely a learning experience standpoint

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The best work culture and people that I have heard of, especially compared to other firms

Hours - they are better than industry average, but just long in general

Comments

Great firm culture and unique access / relationships with experienced coworkers. The firm provides a unique experience to employees because of its generalist staffing structure; professionals working across different industries and in different deal types (M&A, restructuring, private capital).

Compensation and deal flow

Hours associated with deal flow

Comments

I believe that there is a lot of mis-information out about PWP, specifically on WSO. PWP does allow recruiters and places very well. I do not know of a single analyst looking for buyside that was unable to obtain a respectable offer, but many choose to go the HBS route. At the end of the day, if PWP does 8 major deals per year, every analyst is covered and compensation is never a complaint.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great collegial culture, excellent deal experience, and all-cash compensation

As with any boutique, the back office support (IT, printing dept, etc.) is sub-par. No research department; all work is done by the analysts and associates

Comments

Make sure to meet as many employees as possible before deciding to accept any job offer. Try to envision what it would be like working long hours with these people and what type of projects they actually worked on in the past. Forget about the name of the firm, its prestige and everthing else. Simply try to guage whether you will be satisfied and happy on both a personal and a professional level with whatever firm you decide to join.

culture

Comments

very high quality wprk experience

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Focus on M&A and restructuring advisory. Much closer interaction with senior bankers and clients compared to larger firms.