Work at Credit Suisse? Submit a Review

Midlevel in Fixed Income Capital Markets

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I am surrounded by smart people who are eager to teach me everything they know.

Comments

Before selecting a career in finance, definitely consider the people who work at the firm you ultimately choose. I love my job because the people that I spend 60+ hours a week with make it interesting and satisfying. They are genuinely good people who also happen to be extremely smart, and want to build my career.

Experienced in Corporate Finance

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Each group has its own personality and culture. Make sure you think you are a good fit prior to joining since you spend a lot of time with each team member.

Midlevel in Corporate Finance

Deals/Projects, Franchise, Culture, Talent

Work/Life balance

Comments

Opportunities, Exposure, Development

Experienced in Operations (i.e. HR, Internal Accounting, Marketing, etc.)

Raleigh, NC | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture at Credit Suisse was a key draw for me to join and is a key reason I continue to develop my career here.

Comments

The culture at Credit Suisse distinguishes the firm from its competitors. There is a clear focus on talent development.

Executive in Sales & Trading

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

We are lean and therefore there is a lot of opportunity to stand out and cross sell multiple product areas.

Comments

Intern recruiting program is among the best on the street. That experience carries through to those who come on full time. We work hard to match incoming full times with high level mentors.

Midlevel in Corporate Finance

San Francisco, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Hard working team, know the industry better than competitors, casual work environment

Below average base salaries, below average total compensation, promotion uncertainty

Comments

Credit Suisse is a leader in technology investment banking and combines the brand recognition and senior leadership that our competitors share with a positive work environment, exposure to many different IBD products and lots of senior level and client interaction. The better quality of life and stronger experience / skill set do come at a cost, however, as CS is not known for competitive pay.

Executive in Sales & Trading

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Meeritocratic way in which wee operate (my own experience as example) and manner in which they raally around their own going through tought times (my own experience as an example)

Experienced in Sales & Trading

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture, upward mobility, flat culture (MD's and Analysts having meaningful dialogue regularly)

compensation uncertainty - conservative approach to banking (also a pro in some ways)

Comments

CS is a great place to work. The firm works very hard to keep it that way. Culture is a big value proposition of the firm. In my experience, you need to be at a firm where you can ultimately be happy. If your happy, good, and diligent - success will come. If your unhappy - success is harder to come by.

Executive in Corporate Finance

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

They are cheap

Comments

Get to know the people - its ultimately a people business and you will not be successful unless you like and trust those around you.

Experienced in Mergers & Acquisitions

Great Latin America practice and great fit within the Latin America team

Long hours (but this is more an industry issue)

Comments

Strong brand - particularly strong in several industries / products and regions - very good internal mobility or exit opportunities