Credit Suisse

3.9 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 168 Employee Reviews)

Work at Credit Suisse? Log in to Submit a Review

Culture and people

Hours and compensation

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Learning new concepts, adding value

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, training, compensation, exit opportunities

Hours

Comments

Credit Suisse is a great place to start a career in investment banking -- strong brand, strong mentorship, great people, momentum, competitive comp and international reach. But be prepared for long hours and often tedious work. If you're committed to IB out of school, seriously consider Credit Suisse as a starting point

friendly workplace

rigid promotion process, conservative risk positioning, weak meritocracy structure for juniors

Outstanding culture

Poor compensation dynamics

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

The access to senior management and their involvment in the mentoring process is a stand out posiitve here.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people. Everyone at CS is really great.

Comments

Credit Suisse is a great place to work. The employees are wonderful, there are plenty of events and extra curricular opportunities, and you will love it here.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

working on one of the strongest, global platforms in the industry with some of the smartest, most highly motivated people in the industry.

Comments

i think that a candidate must evaluate each firm not only by whether or not they would like to work here today, but would you like to be here for the next 10, 20, 30 years

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

my colleagues are great - the other members of my desk are just good people who i want to spend time with, and i trust them

the last few years have been challenging for the banking industry as a whole

Comments

if i were a candidate looking at various job offers and firms, i would consider two things... 1) how does senior mgmt view the recruiting and training program? you want to be at a firm which has managers committed to developing junior talent and helping you to build a career, as opposed to viewing new hires purely as there to do the job for a few years; 2) i would consider the experiences of recent hires - do they feel invested in the firm, do they respect their colleagues, and are building a foundation of core skills that position them to move up in the organization. 5-10 years ago it was very common to choose a job with the intention of spending 2 years there and then moving on, but i think today it is very relevant to consider if the job is one in which you can see yourself learning and growing over the longer term.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

We are lean and therefore there is a lot of opportunity to stand out and cross sell multiple product areas.

Comments

Intern recruiting program is among the best on the street. That experience carries through to those who come on full time. We work hard to match incoming full times with high level mentors.