Citi Consumer Banking

2.9 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 9 Employee Reviews)

Work at Citi Consumer Banking? Log in to Submit a Review

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

It's always a challenge, and there's always another problem to solve. Being the underdog just makes you work a little bit harder.

The public perception at large about Citi is not fun to listen to all the time. And the constraints on spending and projects in the past few years have been tough, from the perspective that you always want to grow and try new areas.

Comments

I am in my 3rd rotation, having seen Marketing, Finance, and now Risk. This has been a great opportunity, though changes in the larger economic market and the business in the past 2 years have definitely limited some opportunities or areas that were of interest to me when I was in MBA (probably the same at any firm!)

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

opportunities at a global scale

culture at times and the bureaucracy

Comments

Bureaucracy and compensation highly correalated to overall satisfaction

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexible management in terms of working hours, respect for diversity, motherhood, etc.

Compensation has been steady lately - not much incentive to perform above average.

Comments

People are great (smart and nice), compensation is ok - but right now I am totally overwhelmed with work, which doesn't fit my view of a good work-life balance (although it was a good balance in the past until recently).

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Given the general economic conditions, advancement and salary growth has been limited.

Global presence

Ridiculous expense policies (example, they refused to issue their MBA hires business cards). Salary is very low. High turnover at the senior management levels means there is support and development for MBA hires one day, but it is gone the next.

Comments

The firm changed our program to our detriment midway through. The opportunities now available are not on par with what we were told upon hiring. HR and senior management withdrew all support for the program

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Being at the heart of the financial world.

Management is a revolving door and the strategy continues to change.

Comments

I feel I am well compensated and my job is challenging, but Citi has taken a significant hit during the global financial crisis and we are struggling to recover. The responsibility and autonomy of myself and a number of my colleagues has declined during this time.

micro-management

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Regard to family and option to telecommute when need arises is the best thing that the comapny offers.

Junior experience with some of the managers is probably one of the worst things about working for my firm.

Comments

Unlike the summer experience, fulltime experience has been much of a drag rather than motivation. This is mainly due to the level of uncertainty within the organization and the placements that have taken place with no consideration to candidate's interest in a specific area within the organization.

2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people, signififcant presence in the marketplace, brand recognition

Compensation and job content

Comments

Continuos changes in management, strategies and policies. Decisions driven by consensus, resulting in increased time to implementation.