Work at SS&G, Inc.? Submit a Review

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People and culture of the firm.

Nothing.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people and great culture. Truly committed to work/life balance.

Compensation.

Comments

The firm is actively growing which provides a lot of opportunities for career growth. The workload is reasonable and the people are great. The firm is truly committed to a work/life balance. Compensation isn't the best, but there are many other perks to working here. Bottom line for me - I think SS&G is a great place to work.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

Akron, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The flexibility, the culture, the benefits, and the thought leaders throughout the firm that I can learn from. The entrepreneurial spirit they provoke.

We operate on an office basis rather than a firm basis.

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Working with great people who care about their co-workers and clients immensely and who understand that being succesful at work is only truly being succesful if you have the opportunity to be succesful in all areas of your life. We also like to have fun together - formally and informally. Also, that we care deeply about the communities in which our offices are located and our people live.

Tax season can be over the top - but that's CPAland, not just our firm.

Comments

We do really great work for our clients and we care about our people immensely. There are no ceilings, glass or otherwise at SS&G. Everyone has the opportunity to make what they want out of their career - and we have formal programs and dedicated leaders to help menotor and guide young people to success. We have recently started a Young Professionals Group in our Chicago offices with the desire of melding the young people from our three offices to help them grow together into leaders of our firm and ion their communities. We have all sorts of policies and programs to reward people for being good professionals, for bringing in business for bringing creative ideas to the Director Group, for striving to improve their healtth and fitness and for giving back to the community. People are well compensated and just as importantly are made to feel part of the team from day one.

Mid-level in Tax

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Caring atmosphere, etrepreneurial "start up" culture, wonderful employee-first initiatives

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Diversity of clients and being able to work on all aspects of the engagement, rather than repeatedly doing a few parts of the engagement for a large number of engagements.

Comments

Like most accounting firms, the hours can be long during busy seasons and around deadlines. However, this is balanced well with a generous amount of PTO days, and a very light workload during non-busy times. It is a great place to learn by gaining experience in every part of the engagement, and working with a diverse client base.

Partner/Principal in Tax

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comraderie among the people; diversity of types of clients and work.

Hours

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Learning from the intelligent people around me

Stress of client management

Entry-level in Tax

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

Pay

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The lack of travel and great people make working at SS&G a great opportunity. In addition, there are many partners in the main Cleveland office which presents a wonderful learning opportunity.

Scheduling does not offer the time needed to efficiently plan an engagement.

Comments

SS&G treats the employees with respect and offers good work life balance for a public accounting firm. Do not expect to be making high sums of money though.