Work at Moss Adams LLP? Submit a Review

Looking to learn more about accounting and yourself in a few short months? Come to Moss Adams to meet great people who will show you the way.

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | Portland, OR | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, benefits, opportunity to grow and progress.

Long hours at certain points of the year

#2 mega company to work for in San Diego per the San Diego Business Journal

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | San Diego, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture - 80% Clients - 20%

none

Advice to Candidates

The nature of public accounting is lots of hours and a sometimes unpredictable schedule depending on the industry you serve. People looking to get into public accounting need to keep in mind that it's not a 9-5 job by any means. Moss Adams offers a flexible culture but it will still have peak hours in busy seasons. If someone doesn't want that life style, public accounting probably isn't for them because none of my colleagues at any other firms have a smooth schedule.

Great opportunity and ability to drive your own career

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | San Francisco, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexible work schedule, work life balance and overall long term opportunities

Almost too much opportunity

Great Place to work and work family.

Mid-level in Tax | Dallas, TX | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

NA

Optimism and Opportunity: Small Firm Feel, Large Firm Resources

Entry-level in Tax | Scottsdale, AZ | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Optimistic culture, focus on mentorship, small firm feel with the resources and depth of a larger firm.

It's a multi-state, mid-tier firm, but there are not any offices east of Kansas.

Advice to Candidates

Moss Adams has terrific infrastructure for feedback as a tool for developing people. From day one, I learned that the policy on feedback exercises is that everyone should pretty much know where they stand all the time - which is why in addition to semi-annual formal review processes, everyone asks for and gives engagement feedback every month. Continuous feedback accelerates everyone's ability to refine, improve, and build skills, and it's great to know that everyone is open to giving and receiving feedback on a regular basis.

Moss Adams leads all accounting firms as best place to work

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | San Jose, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, cammeraderie, strong brand.

Public accounting is a demending profession, no matter which firm you work for.

Advice to Candidates

I spent 18 years with a Big Four firm. The work/life balance at Moss Adams is WAY better than the Big Four, with competitive compensation and benefits.

Great work/life balance and opportunity to grow your career at your own pace

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Los Angeles, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

flexibility, work/life balance, ability to work without much micro-management

dealing with mid-size and small clients can be a hassle due to their lack of formal controls and sufficient personnel (but this is the nature of working for a mid-sized public accounting firm; we have smaller clients with less sophisticated controls)

Solid growth, good culture, excellent people

Executive in Valuation Services | Irvine, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Collegiality

Extreme consensus focus occasionally inhibits effective decision making

You are important and valued. Work for an employer who challenges you and treats you like royalty

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | Seattle, WA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I love working for Moss Adams because I feel important and valued. I am encouraged to persue my professional interests and I am treated well. I receive great benefits and work in an extremely friendly, helpful, and prestigeous environment

My only complaint is working long hours in busy season. But that is to be expected in any firm.

Advice to Candidates

The quality of life and business outlook of the firm are unbeatable. I could not be more happy with my decision to work for Moss Adams. I completed accounting internships with two other firms and received job offers from two additional firms. Moss Adams was by far my favorite firm I interned or interviewed with. I feel in control of my career and encouraged to take my career where I want it. The workload here is very manageable as the firm only requires 55 hour weeks in busy season and the scheduling team works really hard to evenly distribute the firms' workload.

Entry-level in Tax

2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Supportive environment, learning opportunties, career-growth.

Advice to Candidates

Our professionals are expected to work hard. Busy seasons (your first one especially) are very challenging, but the environment created by our firm culture is supportive and understanding (and fun, believe it or not!!).