Work at Moss Adams LLP? Submit a Review

August 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

work-life-balance, but won't make up for politics you will deal with.

I work on the client service support side and we are treated differently since we aren't serving clients. We were just given the same PTO bank as the client facing people even though we work just as hard. You don't have much room for growth, although the carrot will always be dangled in front of you. My "leader" is the worst boss I have ever had. I have no clue how she was put in the role she's in. Every manager that reports into her wants to find a way to get out from under her thumb, but you have to smile and nod so she doesn't give you a poor review. Nobody trusts her and she lies about career growth over and over. These are the types of people leading this firm and it is only getting worse, as her leader continues to protect her even though she's well aware it's a problem. I would not recommend this firm to anyone. There are many other CPA firms that have more growth opportunities and a much healthier culture.

Comments

If you want growth, go to another firm. This firm will not value you.

People Team Member Review - BEWARE

July 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The firm is experiencing growth, although not as much as they anticipated. Work life balance and flexibility are strengths for the People Team.

If you are not on the client service side of the firm, you will not have much opportunity for growth/advancement. Your increases and bonuses will also be much less than others in the firm. I've seen the firm promote people that really shouldn't be promoted and pass over many talented professionals that would have been recognized for their efforts at our competitors. This firm seems to have an overly sensitive culture where you are punished for speaking up. They don't value a backbone and innovative ideas like they claim to. It's been a good resume builder for me, but I look forward to working with more talented professionals that recognize strong performers. They will continue to lose talent, because they do not reward or recognize strong performers. The "leaders" on the People Team do not advocate for their team and the People Team Leader, HR Executive Director, does not hold them accountable.

Comments

I would work somewhere else if you are not client-facing. There are many other CPA firms that recognize and value talent for those in a client service support team. The culture has become overly sensitive.

Terrible company

September 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Free food (snacks and dinner), central to Bart, and nice coworkers

High expectation of performance with very little training and poor management. I was "trained" and expected to know everything within a week. My trainer reported inaccurate things to the manager and the manager ran with everything she said. When I spoke up I was let go which is very unprofessional to not allow employees to defend themselves (manager was never physically in the office but micromanaged from home based on one persons opinion). They have a very high turnover rate of receptionists because of the manager A.G. I was warned by a coworker but did not understand why people didn't last on the job until I worked there. If you have any intentions with working at moss adams this is a fair warning that the environment is very unprofessional and the lead admin will leave no room for improvement.

Comments

I would advise people to not work here unless they like to be micromanaged and not have a say in how they are being reflected to management

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

People

Experienced in Audit

San Francisco, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Executive in Audit

Phoenix, AZ | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Location of offices near family and friends. Most of the folks in the practice offices are easy to talk to and listen for the most part.

Lack of candid communication about issues and rumors. Lack of focus and effort on training our staff and identifying proper candidates with the basic skill sets that will make them successful in public accounting. Way too much focus on GPA as opposed to considering a candidate with a lower GPA but one who worked industry to support their education cost, etc.

Comments

A significant reason my level of job satisfaction is low is due to the lack of competent professional staff. We spend a significant amount of time teaching our staff basic computer skills in Excel, how to read and understand legal contracts, how to write their observations down and communicate with the client and not use short hand, reminders to read and understand their professional standards and accounting literature. It is clear to me that we are not obtaining the best and the brightest and it is burning out the strong performers in this office because we have to pick up the slack for these individuals that require significant training just to bring them to the level they should have been from the start. We have reached out to our local universities to discuss the issues with new graduates and lack of skills and the effect it has had on the profession. There are changes being made but it will take 4-5 years to cycle through the new students.

Another issue that is of concern is the lack of attention by the partners to ensure that they are responsive to their professional staff on engagements and create a fire drill environment which encroaches on planned PTO and client deadlines.

Experienced in Audit

San Francisco, CA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people that I work.

David Sage

Entry-level in Audit

Other | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The diversity of work and people within the firm.

lack of opportunity, short term vision of administration, lack of financial incentive to perform above expectations.

Comments

Lack of growth in our market will ultimately hamper the ability to add new partners. Our firm is so top heavy that if you aren't a partner you are being significantly underpaid.