Work at Moss Adams LLP? Submit a Review

Experienced in Audit

San Francisco, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Executive in Audit

Phoenix, AZ | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Location of offices near family and friends. Most of the folks in the practice offices are easy to talk to and listen for the most part.

Lack of candid communication about issues and rumors. Lack of focus and effort on training our staff and identifying proper candidates with the basic skill sets that will make them successful in public accounting. Way too much focus on GPA as opposed to considering a candidate with a lower GPA but one who worked industry to support their education cost, etc.

Comments

A significant reason my level of job satisfaction is low is due to the lack of competent professional staff. We spend a significant amount of time teaching our staff basic computer skills in Excel, how to read and understand legal contracts, how to write their observations down and communicate with the client and not use short hand, reminders to read and understand their professional standards and accounting literature. It is clear to me that we are not obtaining the best and the brightest and it is burning out the strong performers in this office because we have to pick up the slack for these individuals that require significant training just to bring them to the level they should have been from the start. We have reached out to our local universities to discuss the issues with new graduates and lack of skills and the effect it has had on the profession. There are changes being made but it will take 4-5 years to cycle through the new students.

Another issue that is of concern is the lack of attention by the partners to ensure that they are responsive to their professional staff on engagements and create a fire drill environment which encroaches on planned PTO and client deadlines.

Experienced in Audit

San Francisco, CA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people that I work.

David Sage

Entry-level in Audit

Other | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The diversity of work and people within the firm.

lack of opportunity, short term vision of administration, lack of financial incentive to perform above expectations.

Comments

Lack of growth in our market will ultimately hamper the ability to add new partners. Our firm is so top heavy that if you aren't a partner you are being significantly underpaid.