Moss Adams LLP

3.8 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 184 Employee Reviews)

Submit a Company Review

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance
Albuquerque, NM | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Travel Opportunities

Daily travel to clients, not within "over-night stay" range.

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance
Seattle, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the work flexibility, and the clients.

Public transportation is difficult at certain times of the year due to bus schedules not going late enough

Comments

Moss Adams is a great firm. From the recruiting experience to the working culture it is a great place to be.

The people

Long hours

Everett, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

Days can get long

Comments

This firm won't work you to death like other firms. They're trying to retain good people, and it shows throughout their culture.

Bellingham, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The treat us very well and make sure we have everything we need to be productive and happy.

Paid less than other locations, not the big four

Comments

Keep an open mind, don't try to specialize too early, be yourself in the interview so you (and the firm) will know if you are going to fit into the culture. Better sooner than later.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm culture and supportive colleagues. Also, the focus on continuous learning and improvement, and low emphasis on competition with colleagues.

IT issues at this particular office can be difficult to resolve as IT is centralized in Seattle. The firm has hired new specialists at the office level to alleviate this problem.

Comments

At Moss Adams, you are provided with the all the tools you need to excel. The key is to take responsibility for your development and career and take advantage of as many opportunities as you can to succeed. Team members are encouraged to share constructive feedback to help improve your skills and professionalism. Your efforts and improvement are recognized and rewarded.

Coworkers

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance
Seattle, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Taking the initiative and taking control of your career is something that is encouraged highly at the firm. If you have a vision and are willing to work hard for it, the firm will support you in your endeavors.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance
Seattle, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Opportunities for career development and progression.

Compensation.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance
San Diego, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

We are not required to work 80 hrs / week during busy season. When the work is done, it is done.

They are anal about reaching a minimum of 40 hours every week... So if I work 55 hours one week and 38 the next, they aren't very forgiving of being two hours short... Additionally there is a metric called "realization" that most firms use to measure "efficiency" of a job. However measuring efficiency based on hours worked vs billed is not accurate when the client is billed for client inefficiencies. If that doesn't happen, we incur more time on the job without collecting an incremental increase in fees.

Comments

Workload will be assigned at your level of competancy and you will never be asked to do something that is not safe for you to work on. (i.e., if you haven't been trained for it, don't expect to do it without training first.) / / Quality of life is pretty good. You don't work the terrible Big 4 hours and you get 200 or so hours of PTO each year. / / Compensation depends on what office you work for. If it means that much to you, then plan on where to live before applying for a job. / / Business outlook is optimistic.