Work at Moss Adams LLP? Submit a Review

August 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

work-life-balance, but won't make up for politics you will deal with.

I work on the client service support side and we are treated differently since we aren't serving clients. We were just given the same PTO bank as the client facing people even though we work just as hard. You don't have much room for growth, although the carrot will always be dangled in front of you. My "leader" is the worst boss I have ever had. I have no clue how she was put in the role she's in. Every manager that reports into her wants to find a way to get out from under her thumb, but you have to smile and nod so she doesn't give you a poor review. Nobody trusts her and she lies about career growth over and over. These are the types of people leading this firm and it is only getting worse, as her leader continues to protect her even though she's well aware it's a problem. I would not recommend this firm to anyone. There are many other CPA firms that have more growth opportunities and a much healthier culture.

Comments

If you want growth, go to another firm. This firm will not value you.

People Team Member Review - BEWARE

July 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The firm is experiencing growth, although not as much as they anticipated. Work life balance and flexibility are strengths for the People Team.

If you are not on the client service side of the firm, you will not have much opportunity for growth/advancement. Your increases and bonuses will also be much less than others in the firm. I've seen the firm promote people that really shouldn't be promoted and pass over many talented professionals that would have been recognized for their efforts at our competitors. This firm seems to have an overly sensitive culture where you are punished for speaking up. They don't value a backbone and innovative ideas like they claim to. It's been a good resume builder for me, but I look forward to working with more talented professionals that recognize strong performers. They will continue to lose talent, because they do not reward or recognize strong performers. The "leaders" on the People Team do not advocate for their team and the People Team Leader, HR Executive Director, does not hold them accountable.

Comments

I would work somewhere else if you are not client-facing. There are many other CPA firms that recognize and value talent for those in a client service support team. The culture has become overly sensitive.

Moss Adams: Life is better here.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Pay, flexibility, and responsibilities/growth opportunities. Working with hard working and motivated peers and supervisors.

Long hours depending on line of service and time of year. Stress from tight deadlines and sometimes difficult clients.

Comments

My workload is fairly heavy because I want to get ahead. The firm is growing and overall the people I work with are pleasant to be around. My clients are sometimes demanding but we have a good relationship and I believe I am on the fast track to manager. I work less than my friends that work at the big 4 but I make slightly more money. I have the ability to grow here and become a partner within the next 8 years, I believe. We have 25 vacation days and 9 holidays, and good medical. Casual dress and flexible workplace. I love the culture.

Great people, great culture!

Experienced in Tax | Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the culture, the firm outlook are all great.

I haven't encountered one yet. It's a public accounting firm, so billable time and long hours are to be expected.

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance

Portland, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Everyone is really passionate and it feels great to come in to the office and work with everyone. They really care about explaining things and helping you understand to learn.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

Portland, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people here is what keeps me coming back.

Busy season, but its hard to avoid that. The hours can get a little overwhelming, but thats part of the industry.

Comments

The future of Moss Adams is great, and a place where someone can advance in their career, and take control over their life, and what they want to do with it.

Big 4 pay without the Big 4 hours

Mid-level in Tax | San Diego, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

Work-life balance actually possible.

Entry-level in Tax | Bellingham, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People are kind and outgoing in a way that stands out compared to other firms in the region.

Nothing outside of the standard aspects inherent in accounting (long hours).

Comments

The number one thing that stands out at the firm is the ability to have geniune human interaction. People actually enjoy working here.

Best place to work HANDS DOWN!!!

Entry-level in Consulting | Bellingham, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people, great culture, great opportunities

The greatest experience working for Moss Adams and hiring the best candidates.

Entry-level in Human Resources/Recruiting | Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people you work with

There isn't any worst aspects of working at Moss Adams.

Comments

We have a competitive compensation package. 5 weeks PTO for our accountants. 40 hour work weeks, with only 55 hour work weeks during busy season. Company community service events. Company recognized the hard work and dedication we put in and reward us with trips, gifts, etc. Company culture club makes working for Moss Adams fun.