Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Submit a Review

The Google of Public Accounting

April 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The company has a youthful and fun culture; it makes it feel as though choosing an accounting firm is like picking a college. The envirnoment and care for employees is as good as public accounting is going to get.

Sometimes the systems are a little out of date, and the training is not quite enough for some people.

Comments

It is as good as public accounting gets when you consider large public firms. You won't find a more fun culture anywhere else, with frozen yogurt, snack time, ping pong, foosball, pool, and mid-day yoga classes. Competitive pay compared to big 4, national size, yet small community feel.

Experienced in Valuation Services

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

flexibility, people, and work life balance.

busy season

Comments

Culture is very important at Grant Thornton. We want to help people grow and develop not only as professionals but also as people.

A place that enables you to grow and is eager to teach you everything you need to know

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people. As an auditor, I would be doing very similar work wherever I decided to go but who I was doing that work with and for was very important to me and I found the people at GT to be the most personal, well rounded and eager to teach out of all the firms I interviewed with.

I have only been with the firms a few months so I have not come across anything that I dislike so far.

Mid-level in Learning & Development

Irvine, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Strong culture, growing stronger. Leaders who are dedicated to people. Leaders who have a strong sense of how to strategically run a business.

Getting people to buy into our culture. It's a huge challenge to get people excited and passionate about their work.

Entry-level in Advisory Services

People and Culture. Clientelle

Office location

Comments

Grant Thornton is a very good place to begin your career. There is tremendous opportunity to learn and challenge yourself, while working with talented and sharp individuals. The firm invests in its people and it produces an exciting workplace. Many of my personal values overlap with the firms value, and I feel comfortable knowing that my work and interests/goals are valued.

Entry-level in Internal Audit

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

Entry-level in Tax

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Ability to explore areas of interst

Partner/Principal in Tax

Wichita, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

You can make a difference and your input is valued

Slow to react to poor performers