Grant Thornton LLP

4.1 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 107 Employee Reviews)

Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Log in to Submit a Review

The work-life-balance.

None

Comments

Quality of life is wonderful at Grant Thornton. There are plenty opportunities for change in roles and advancement.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people, work/life balance, mentoring

some of the technology for reporting etc.

Comments

Quality of life is strong, heavy emphasis on community involvement and leadership, great people- pretty much everyone at every level has their door always open, mentoring strong

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the culture and the work/life balance

feeling unappreciated from the bonuses

Comments

The workload is pretty consistent throughout the year, which is nice. Sometimes you do get really busy, however, you are rarely bored- which is just as important as being overworked. The quality of life is as good as to be expected with a public accounting firm. Obviously, we have our super busy and stressful times, but the firm works had to try and minimize the stress and add a little fun to the office during this time. The firm also makes it very easy to work from home later at night, if you have a family and need to go home for a little while during the busier times. Compensation overall is pretty fair, however, the bonuses could be improved. Overall, Grant Thornton is a great place to work!

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Solid training programs and broad client base provide great experience for entry level and mid-level personnel. Additional responsibility and promotions can be earned and career progression is merit-based.

No specific feedback to provide.

Comments

No specific feedback to provide.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Plenty of opportunities to grow professionally.

Occasional unpredictability of travel requirements.

Comments

It is an ideal place to work. We are positioned very well in the marketplace as an alternative to the Big 4. We provide a smaller firm feel yet have the global reach and the experience one would find with the Big 4. Salaries are competitive and the work-life balance has allowed me to have a strong quality of life outside of work.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

work/life balance, people I work with and for

some antiquated processes/systems

Comments

As noted above, work/life balance is a big factor. The quality of employees and the treatment I receive by my superiors is very positive.

Friendly co-workers

Billing and sales goal pressures

Comments

Great firm to start your career.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Colleagues are supportive and very encouraging.

Rapid growth, sometimes requires sudden changes to your work and personal schedules .

Comments

The firm allows each colleague to experience various aspects of the public accounting and consulting fields. For example, it is quite typical for Associates to be actively involved in the planning and reporting phases of a project. Each member of the firm is able to immediately work closely with senior leadership within the firm, as well as interact with the clients.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

We are exposed to a variety of different industries and businesses. The companies we audit are truly dynamic and broaden the horizon for everybody involved. There doesn't go a day where I don't learn something, whether big or small.

The leadership can be greatly improved. I think the staff and other entry-level/mid-level employees feel underappreciated and overworked. Especially given the new standards and requirements, there doesn't seem to be any consideration given to the employees who will be doing the actual work.

Comments

Workload can be compared to any mid-tier accounting firm; however, GT's flexibility is much better than other firms. Quality of life can be tough at times given the short staff in my office. Compensation is definitely a problem. Business outlook needs to be improved if the company will be hitting the target of $2B in 2014.

Culture

No promotion opportunities for my position

Comments

Work life balance is great but for ICS there aren't a lot of opportunities for promotion