Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Submit a Review

Mid-level in Tax

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The best aspect is that I am working with young motivated smart people. I am working in a great variety of clients and my knowledge base is increasing at a fast pace.

Long hours during busy season, hard filing deadlines

Entry-level in Advisory Services

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

the hours, but they are normal for public accounting

Executive in Audit & Assurance

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I work for Grant Thornton both because of its culture but they quality focus. I'm encouraged to be the best I can be each day and not only as an auditor but a wife, mom, volunteer, neighbor, etc. I have grown and developed into a leader at work and in my community thanks to the firms support.

We have struggled to retain so top talent at the early levels do to a generation shift. We need to better align are programs, incentives and culture to meet the younger generations wants/needs. We are working on this and it will be a long change process but I think it took us too long to recognize the need for a change.

Comments

I was once told by a college professor if you want a career in public accounting and not just a job you should choose Grant Thornton. I completely agree with this statement. Given our size we are large enough to get exposure and opportunities but small enough to be recognized, respected and valued. We are a growing firm which creates opportunities for advancement.

Experienced in Tax

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people I work with

Mid-level in Tax

Baltimore, MD | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm culture and close-knit community of professionals in the Baltimore office. The advancement opportunities, depth and bredth of project opportunity.

Lack of transparency at times, compensation does not seem comprable to other firms, trying to become a Big 4 firm, agressive client targeting while feeling that quality of client service is being compromised.

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The People.

Industry turn-over rates.

Entry-level in Tax

Baltimore, MD | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm culture

Long hours during busy season, as is expected for this line of work

Entry-level in Administrative

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, Clients, Co-Workers. The best a non-Big 4 firm can offer.

Busy season

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance

Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The best aspects are the people you work with. It is a firm that has the resources of a large firm but the office size of a small firm. Co-workers get along very well in the tight knit group environment. The opportunites to develop are also top notch.

The worst aspect is only that GT doesn't have a lot of Fortune 500 companies to audit.

Entry-level in Tax