Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Submit a Review

Great people. Great firm.

Mid-level in Advisory Services | Fort Lauderdale, FL | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

The traveling

Advice to Candidates

Workload - We do work A LOT. In advisory, there is no busy season. It is pretty much ALWAYS busy.

Quality of Life - You will spend more time with your work associates than anyone else so I am happy to work with such great people.

Compensation - The compensation isn't great but it is good. If you work hard, you will get promoted.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

Atlanta, GA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The People and Culture

Work/Life balance

Come home to GT for a career, not just a job!

Executive in Tax | Columbia, SC | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

We work with some of the best and brightest partners who are passionate about what we do and serving our clients.

Inability to unplug.

Advice to Candidates

We work hard, but are fairly compensated. Our expectations are high, but we are proud of that and continue to strive to offer the absolute best in client service.

Lots of hard work.

Entry-level in Tax | Boston, MA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Location and some Colleagues

Work Life Balance

Advice to Candidates

Was told I would be getting a bonus when I signed with the firm and then it was not communicated to me that it was being taken away when they raised my salary.

Grant Thornton culture

April 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Experienced, knowledgeable, long-tenured senior leadership team. Strong brand recognition in the community.

Lack of variety of engagements for junior level people. Tendency to get pigeon holed pretty quickly.

Advice to Candidates

Be open-minded about variety and get exposure to as many sectors as you can, as early as you can.

Audit

April 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Culture - Grant Thornton is continuously trying to improve their culture and quality of life for employees, i.e. unlimited PTO.

The hours can be rough, as with any audit firm.

Advice to Candidates

For college students, keep in contact with university recruiters and attend networking events.

Entry-level in Tax

Kansas City, MO | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people in my office

Becoming more stringent and less employee friendly

Entry-level in Advisory Services

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

wokr life balnace, training, opportunity for promotion, smaller community

Public accounting in general can be more crueling than a typical 9-5 corporate job.

Collaborative and supporting enviormnent focused on giving me the tools and policies I need to succeed.

Mid-level in Valuation Services | Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexible vacation time, great coworkers & leaders and a collaborative culture, wonderful clients

Your salary will be lower than market

Advice to Candidates

I think this is a great workplace where individuals can develop professional skills with constant support from HR & the partners. They encourage involvement in the community as well as continued professional development. Our clients are wonderful and in my practice I get to have more client interaction than just internal audit reviews. Busy season can be brutal, but with new flex time off policies you normally have a chance to recover and plenty of time to travel.

Started from the bottom now I'm here

Experienced in Forensic Accounting | Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

It's a client service business, so the timing of certian duties and responsibilites are not always known and can interfere with work/life balance

Advice to Candidates

There are a lot of great firms, GT has a current focus on culture and people. This focus is reflected in our retention rate.