Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Submit a Review

Executive in Audit & Assurance

Salt Lake City, UT | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibility, experience

Hours, compensation

I make a difference every day...whether it's with clients, within the firm or within the community.

Mid-level in Advisory Services | Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and the culture

Compensation and change

Comments

I like the variety at Grant Thornton. I work with different clients from different industries. I'm always collaborating with different people to devise solutions for our clients. It's a great learning experience!

2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture, opportunity to be a leader, feeling of belonging

compensation

Experienced in Tax

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, Growth potential, Resources &Technology

Busy Season Hours

Entry-level in Tax

Wichita, KS | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and the culture. Also, the firms willingness to help you advance your career in whatever way best suits your personality and preferences.

Competing agendas that come from upper management.

Mid-level in Advisory Services

Denver, CO | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

people, office location/style, respect

hours, day to day tasks

GT - We are the firm of the Future

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The flexible arrangements and the complexity of the clients. The client staff are usually very friendly.

Tedious HR tasks that mean well, but take up too much time.

Comments

A candidate needs to look at how much they will be exposed to regardless of how many years you will be in public accounting. At GT, that is the best thing, you get exposed to as much as you can handle and you don't get pigeon held due to your ranking in the office. This helps you enjoy work and get over the little tedious HR tasks that I have mentioned.

Great place to start a career

Mid-level in Tax | Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The majority of management really cares about their staff and tries to develop their technical skills. Most people in the firm are very approachable and easy to talk to.

Nonstandard policies between offices, promotion policies (promoting individuals without CPAs to management, no transparency in how raises and bonuses are calculated. Raises and bonuses can be inconsistent year to year even with equal ratings.

Comments

GT is an outstanding place to launch your career in tax/audit and gain exposure to a great mix of clients from mid-market to publicly traded clients. Although it is a large firm, it has a small firm feel which is good and bad. You have the chance to work hands on a variety of clients, which will expose you to unique tax issues. I would like to focus on my specialty more though, and this is not possible with the current way engagements are staffed. It is a great place to launch a career in accounting.

Orlando, FL | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE