Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Submit a Review

Grant Thornton culture

April 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Experienced, knowledgeable, long-tenured senior leadership team. Strong brand recognition in the community.

Lack of variety of engagements for junior level people. Tendency to get pigeon holed pretty quickly.

Comments

Be open-minded about variety and get exposure to as many sectors as you can, as early as you can.

Audit

April 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Culture - Grant Thornton is continuously trying to improve their culture and quality of life for employees, i.e. unlimited PTO.

The hours can be rough, as with any audit firm.

Comments

For college students, keep in contact with university recruiters and attend networking events.

Entry-level in Tax

Kansas City, MO | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people in my office

Becoming more stringent and less employee friendly

Entry-level in Advisory Services

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

wokr life balnace, training, opportunity for promotion, smaller community

Public accounting in general can be more crueling than a typical 9-5 corporate job.

Collaborative and supporting enviormnent focused on giving me the tools and policies I need to succeed.

Mid-level in Valuation Services | Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexible vacation time, great coworkers & leaders and a collaborative culture, wonderful clients

Your salary will be lower than market

Comments

I think this is a great workplace where individuals can develop professional skills with constant support from HR & the partners. They encourage involvement in the community as well as continued professional development. Our clients are wonderful and in my practice I get to have more client interaction than just internal audit reviews. Busy season can be brutal, but with new flex time off policies you normally have a chance to recover and plenty of time to travel.

Started from the bottom now I'm here

Experienced in Forensic Accounting | Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

It's a client service business, so the timing of certian duties and responsibilites are not always known and can interfere with work/life balance

Comments

There are a lot of great firms, GT has a current focus on culture and people. This focus is reflected in our retention rate.

Mid-level in Advisory Services

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I work fewer hours than friends at other firms.

The type of work I do is not my passion. Nothing against the firm.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture and CSR

compensation

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

Irvine, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm culture and those partners I work with that provide mentoring and opportunities for growth/development.

Petty or overly controlling communications from firm leadership which reduce employee morale and partners who are largely disengaged from staff or provide little opportunity for growth/development.

Entry-level in Tax