Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Submit a Review

Key executive of Grant Thornton continues to succeed working his way from an Intern to leadership position.

Experienced in Advisory Services | San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, people, and the clients we serve

Ability to make decisions quickly

Comments

Grant Thornton lives by its values of Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Responsibility, and Respect. This permeates the culture of our organization which is focused on its people, clients, and community. At Grant Thornton we take pride in making an impact to these areas and believe that we bring our whole serves to work. This means we truly enjoy our work environment. While we may be a large global firm, you can make an impact here. We do work hard, but that translates to very good compensation, career momentum, and an ever increasing business outlook for the years to come,.

The best parts about working for the Big 4 with the approach and style of a small firm.

Entry-level in Tax | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

Time sacrifice

Comments

I can't emphasize enough the power of the people at Grant Thornton. Although I haven't worked for another firm as large (or even larger), I can guarantee the office is not as close knit and collaborative as this group. At Grant Thornton, employees are more than just a number, but are offered the same work that an employee at the Big 4 would receive.

Excellent cultural experience with opportunity for educational growth.

Other | Baltimore, MD | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture.

Recent change in firm leadership.

If you have the drive to succeed, Grant Thornton has the road

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Detroit, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

No available resources

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Strong culture, involved leadership, great clients

Nothing that isn't inherent in public accounting (hours, deadlines, etc)

Experienced in Tax

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Work-life balance and flexibility

Slow at reacting to hiring and compensation trends, and at reacting to turnover problems

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance

Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interaction with multiple clients

You will work a lot and the clients will frustrate you but the people you work with are great.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

Clients

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm has a phenomenal client base and a great culture. It reeally makes everyday working a fun and dynamic experience.

It is difficult to specialize in an industry early. This generally does not begin to happen until an employee is a more experienced senior associate.

Comments

Grant Thornton really strives to find a balance between workload, the richness of one's experience on engagements, and quality of life in general. The business outlook for the firm is great and it is really growing. It's a firm that I would recommend to anyone interested.

GT is a great place to work but provides for challengs that will prepare you for future problems.

Experienced in Tax | Cleveland, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people I work directly with

Some management is tough to deal with and non-busy season times are way too busy.