Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Submit a Review

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people - hard working and fun

Engagement planning and staffing

Positive experience but I still want to get out of public acocunting.

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I enjoy the people I work with and I learn a lot at this job.

The FTO policy and the long hours.

Comments

If you want to spend some time in public accounting, you should choose Grant Thornton. The issues that I have with the company are across the board of public accounting companies. I believe that Grant Thornton, even with it's flaws, is a great place to spend time at if you are interested in public accounting.

Overall it has been a good experience. It has taught me a lot about what I want from my career and what I will do in the future to prepare for it

Mid-level in Tax | Miami, FL | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture.

Management prefers to focus on budgets that would allow them to provide a potential client with a low fee quote to acquire work rather than on realistic expectations. This in turn causes the rest of the team to face backlash when the unrealistic budget isn't met.

Comments

The firm has a great culture, decent compensation, and will help you take control of your career early on. On the other hand this is still a CPA firm and the general common themes expected in a CPA firm still run rampant. Examples being long hours and a heavy focus on hitting charge goals and budgets.

Grant Thornton LLP

April 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Flexibility and brilliant/fun team members make every day exciting. The firm is poised for high growth in the next few years.

High performers are often saddled with a majority of the work.

Comments

GT's evolving culture in the last couple of years has really made all the difference. Focus is on flexibility and rewarding top performers. The diversity of experience you gain at GT far surpasses the more segmented style of the Big 4, which is a big boost in the long run of your career.

Supercharged!

Partner/Principal in Tax | Charlotte, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The relationships I have with my team, clients and other advisors.

War of talent.

Comments

One partner one vote (we do not vote by units)! Flex time off. Real work life balance.

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance

Charlotte, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

Happy and successful.

Executive in Tax | Kansas City, MO | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The ability to work in an area that I enjoy and be able to work for a firm with a great corporate culture.

Like all firms the up and downs of workloads.

Comments

Grant Thornton provides employees with a work environment conducive to thriving in your career goals. It also provides you with all the tools you need to succeed..

People matter!

Partner/Principal in Tax | Houston, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people because of our culture.

Public accounting is a very stressful industry. We feel we have developed a great culture to combat that.

Comments

We put people first. If you have great people, revenue will follow.

Partner/Principal in Tax

Charlotte, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture and relationship with colleagues and clients

none

People First

Partner/Principal in Tax | Houston, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

Getting the word out to talent that our client base is comprable to the big 4 but our culture and caring far exceed that of the Big 4

Comments

Quality of life. The partners here take a personal interest in getting to know those who support them in serving clients. As a partner I want each person to be have a life outside of the office. That passion and life out of the office makes them a better employee/professional and helps alleviate the burnout factor. I only learned this after burning out myself at another firm.