Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Submit a Review

Experienced in Tax

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and work/life balance. I believe there is a focus on the desires of our people

Benefits could be a little better compared to some companies in our industry

Comments

For a public accounting firm, the workload is reasonable and diverse to allow for a candidate to obtain experience and pursue the career focus they choose.

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and emphasis on work-life-balance

Comments

Many of my peers working at the larger firms are working twice as much and gaining half the experience and diversity as I am receiving at Grant Thornton. I am able to be candid about what I do and don't enjoy about different audits, and I can see the results of those discussions by efforts put forth by my superiors. The culture is very much team oriented, and GT strives to encourage everyone in our audit program to learn more about the people we work with and make the experience of working on close knit teams enjoyable. I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Entry-level in Tax

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

great people, growing firm, fair compensation

the busy season hours

Other in Administrative

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I like getting up everyday and coming to Grant Thornton. It is a great place to work

As with other companies, the economy has a big impact of Grant Thornton.

Experienced in Sales

Tampa, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I am proud of my Company name. I enjoy coming to work every day and feel I get to do what I am best at.

Lack of diversity

Comments

This is a great place to have a career and a life! You are surrounded by some of the best in the business, so will learn a lot. Plenty of room for advancement.

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The personnel

Mid-level in Tax

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Grant Thornton's culture and the people who work here are by far the best aspects of the job. I am fortunate to have great colleagues and clients who make coming to work every day enjoyable.

The office space needs some improvement. There is not enough space for the number of individuals working in the office. There is very little privacy to speak with clients on the phone and the open environment can be very distracting.

Executive in Tax

Wichita, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture and flexibility - allows me to have the personal freedom that I need to be happy

lots of hours of work - but i guess that is good also

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, The base salary is great coming right out of college, and the variety I get in my work from client to client.

Not geting paid overtime, some scheduling could be done better as far as logistics goes, and a fairly heavy workload.

Comments

I have really enjoyed my time at GT so far. The people that I'm working with make a huge difference. Any public accounting job, you're going to be doing pretty much the same work, and a lot of it, so being stuck in an audit room with people whose presence I actually enjoy makes it infinitely more rewarding. And everyone is really helpful, I learn so much every day, just from little tidbits that get passed down to me as excel tips or a better, more effecient way to do something.

Experienced in Project Management

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

At Grant Thornton, the people and the culture they create are very positive.

Frustrations with a lack of investment in internal services to support the external services.

Comments

Workload is much less here than at Big 4 firms, but at the same time you have exposure to more challenging work and more interesting clients from an early stage.