Grant Thornton LLP

4.1 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 203 Employee Reviews)

Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Log in to Submit a Review

Entry-level in Forensic Accounting
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm culture; flexibility; responsible and trustworthy leaders

Restrictions on promotions at firm level; low 401(k) match

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, The base salary is great coming right out of college, and the variety I get in my work from client to client.

Not geting paid overtime, some scheduling could be done better as far as logistics goes, and a fairly heavy workload.

Comments

I have really enjoyed my time at GT so far. The people that I'm working with make a huge difference. Any public accounting job, you're going to be doing pretty much the same work, and a lot of it, so being stuck in an audit room with people whose presence I actually enjoy makes it infinitely more rewarding. And everyone is really helpful, I learn so much every day, just from little tidbits that get passed down to me as excel tips or a better, more effecient way to do something.

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance
Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Opportunity to make a difference / not as bureaucratic as the Big 4. Better work life balance than Big 4 as well.

Comments

Quality of work really builds the resume whether a person stays in public accounting or exits to private. GT offers great experience in complex accounting matters, yet a balance with a wide range of clients / industries. Not getting stuck on one client in one industry like the BIG 4. Work life balance is probably 5 to 10% better which is meaningful and the compensation and benefits are competitive with all the firms.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people within the firm.

Executive in Tax
Wichita, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture and flexibility - allows me to have the personal freedom that I need to be happy

lots of hours of work - but i guess that is good also

Entry-level in Tax
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

great people, growing firm, fair compensation

the busy season hours

Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Having an office that is a size where I can get to know everyone, management and colleagues who care about your personal/professional growth and development, management who wants you to stay in at the firm over the long term and actively seeks to improve your quality of life as much as they can, not an atmosphere where people feel like they've got to play games (eg: one-up one another), on the job training is extensive and colleagues are extremely patient and understanding when helping first year auditors

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Experienced in Tax
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and work/life balance. I believe there is a focus on the desires of our people

Benefits could be a little better compared to some companies in our industry

Comments

For a public accounting firm, the workload is reasonable and diverse to allow for a candidate to obtain experience and pursue the career focus they choose.

Experienced in Sales
Tampa, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I am proud of my Company name. I enjoy coming to work every day and feel I get to do what I am best at.

Lack of diversity

Comments

This is a great place to have a career and a life! You are surrounded by some of the best in the business, so will learn a lot. Plenty of room for advancement.

Entry-level in Advisory Services
Baltimore, MD | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I love the people I work with in my office. If it wasn't for them, I don't think I would like the actual work I am doing as much.

I do not like how my office is on the smaller side. Sometimes when I come to the office, I am the only person from advisory there, which can be lonely.