Grant Thornton LLP

4.1 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 203 Employee Reviews)

Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Log in to Submit a Review

Other in Administrative
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I like getting up everyday and coming to Grant Thornton. It is a great place to work

As with other companies, the economy has a big impact of Grant Thornton.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people within the firm.

Executive in Tax
Wichita, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture and flexibility - allows me to have the personal freedom that I need to be happy

lots of hours of work - but i guess that is good also

Experienced in Tax
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and work/life balance. I believe there is a focus on the desires of our people

Benefits could be a little better compared to some companies in our industry

Comments

For a public accounting firm, the workload is reasonable and diverse to allow for a candidate to obtain experience and pursue the career focus they choose.

Entry-level in Tax
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

great people, growing firm, fair compensation

the busy season hours

Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Having an office that is a size where I can get to know everyone, management and colleagues who care about your personal/professional growth and development, management who wants you to stay in at the firm over the long term and actively seeks to improve your quality of life as much as they can, not an atmosphere where people feel like they've got to play games (eg: one-up one another), on the job training is extensive and colleagues are extremely patient and understanding when helping first year auditors

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, The base salary is great coming right out of college, and the variety I get in my work from client to client.

Not geting paid overtime, some scheduling could be done better as far as logistics goes, and a fairly heavy workload.

Comments

I have really enjoyed my time at GT so far. The people that I'm working with make a huge difference. Any public accounting job, you're going to be doing pretty much the same work, and a lot of it, so being stuck in an audit room with people whose presence I actually enjoy makes it infinitely more rewarding. And everyone is really helpful, I learn so much every day, just from little tidbits that get passed down to me as excel tips or a better, more effecient way to do something.

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance
Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Opportunity to make a difference / not as bureaucratic as the Big 4. Better work life balance than Big 4 as well.

Comments

Quality of work really builds the resume whether a person stays in public accounting or exits to private. GT offers great experience in complex accounting matters, yet a balance with a wide range of clients / industries. Not getting stuck on one client in one industry like the BIG 4. Work life balance is probably 5 to 10% better which is meaningful and the compensation and benefits are competitive with all the firms.

Experienced in Project Management
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

At Grant Thornton, the people and the culture they create are very positive.

Frustrations with a lack of investment in internal services to support the external services.

Comments

Workload is much less here than at Big 4 firms, but at the same time you have exposure to more challenging work and more interesting clients from an early stage.

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people are super nice!

Busy season and long hours

Comments

If you are looking for a place to work where you can genuinely get along and make friends with your coworkers without being considered just another "number" in a huge firm, GT is the place for you. Everyone is very warm and welcoming, and I can tell GT has a bright future ahead. Not to mention, we are competitively compensated, too!