Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Submit a Review

Great Culture

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

The profession itself due to regulation, and the firm's response to this regulation is becoming cumbersome. It makes the job less enjoyable, as we are focusing more on ensuring we are not sued versus what is appropraite in terms of requirements.

Comments

I do believe our firm supports a work/life balance, and most employees are supportive and collaborate to ensure everyone has a good balance. We enjoy working with each other, which also creates for a positive working environment, even when busy season hours kick in.

A dynamic place to work with endless opportunities for anyone and everyone

Entry-level in Tax | Cleveland, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The ability to be a part of a specialty group and become an expert within the firm is something that makes us stand out.

The hours are not ideal and it seems that could be improved by hiring more people.

Comments

GT is a great option for students looking to become part of a growing firm. Our culture is vastly different from Big Four, which makes us stand out. A GT you aren't just a number; you're taken care of and are respected by all of the other employees in the office.

Mid-level in Tax

Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

Training

You Get Out What You Put In

Entry-level in Tax | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I'm generally happy, I think they help us whenever they can and help us, help them.

They expect you to have a car on your own with the ability to travel, which is really pretty difficult.

Comments

In terms of other firms I've heard, you are similarly compensated, like the people I'm working with, and they do everything they can to help you.

Great Culture in the GT KC Tax Dept.

Entry-level in Tax | Kansas City, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people I work with are great to be around.

Long hours during busy seasons

Hard work pays off

Entry-level in Tax | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, Colleagues, schedule flexibility, opportunities for growth and advancement

Hours, administration/scheduling work

Comments

The firm has a culture that promotes teamwork and learning together. There is a wide range of clients so you can get experience in many different areas before you make a decision on what you woud like to focus on. You will have a say in what clients you get placed on. The firm has a good work life balance for an accounting firm. The opportunities to advance are there as long as you are willing to put in the effort.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

San Diego, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people I work with and the diverse client base I deal with.

Dealing with small clients that don't have adequate accounting staff

Entry-level in Internal Audit

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The People

None

Entry-level in Advisory Services

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People and Culture. Clientelle

Office location

Comments

Grant Thornton is a very good place to begin your career. There is tremendous opportunity to learn and challenge yourself, while working with talented and sharp individuals. The firm invests in its people and it produces an exciting workplace. Many of my personal values overlap with the firms value, and I feel comfortable knowing that my work and interests/goals are valued.

Entry-level in Administrative

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Grant Thornton is very flexible, diverse with training , and compensation.

NONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Grant Thornton is a Team first enviroment that believes in developing talent that can create a better brand for the world to see.