Grant Thornton LLP

4.1 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 203 Employee Reviews)

Submit a Company Review

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The personnel

Experienced in Tax
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and work/life balance. I believe there is a focus on the desires of our people

Benefits could be a little better compared to some companies in our industry

Comments

For a public accounting firm, the workload is reasonable and diverse to allow for a candidate to obtain experience and pursue the career focus they choose.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, The base salary is great coming right out of college, and the variety I get in my work from client to client.

Not geting paid overtime, some scheduling could be done better as far as logistics goes, and a fairly heavy workload.

Comments

I have really enjoyed my time at GT so far. The people that I'm working with make a huge difference. Any public accounting job, you're going to be doing pretty much the same work, and a lot of it, so being stuck in an audit room with people whose presence I actually enjoy makes it infinitely more rewarding. And everyone is really helpful, I learn so much every day, just from little tidbits that get passed down to me as excel tips or a better, more effecient way to do something.

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance
Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Opportunity to make a difference / not as bureaucratic as the Big 4. Better work life balance than Big 4 as well.

Comments

Quality of work really builds the resume whether a person stays in public accounting or exits to private. GT offers great experience in complex accounting matters, yet a balance with a wide range of clients / industries. Not getting stuck on one client in one industry like the BIG 4. Work life balance is probably 5 to 10% better which is meaningful and the compensation and benefits are competitive with all the firms.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people within the firm.

Entry-level in Advisory Services

Opportunity for growth

Smaller which impacts competition

Comments

Our firm actively promotes work-life balance. The firm is prepared and equipped to meet the needs of its employers when it comes to vacation/personal time, maternity/paternity leave and any other instances that arise. The culture promotes collaboration and there is a lot of communication from partners down to associates.

Other in Administrative
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I like getting up everyday and coming to Grant Thornton. It is a great place to work

As with other companies, the economy has a big impact of Grant Thornton.

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Work life balance as compared to other firms.

Still can end up working long hours depending on your client.

Mid-level in Tax
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Grant Thornton's culture and the people who work here are by far the best aspects of the job. I am fortunate to have great colleagues and clients who make coming to work every day enjoyable.

The office space needs some improvement. There is not enough space for the number of individuals working in the office. There is very little privacy to speak with clients on the phone and the open environment can be very distracting.

Executive in Tax
Wichita, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture and flexibility - allows me to have the personal freedom that I need to be happy

lots of hours of work - but i guess that is good also

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)