Work at Grant Thornton LLP? Submit a Review

Mid-level in Project Management

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The People - the Culture - Opportunities for growth

parking downtown

Accountants who actually love their job... Yes, we were as surprised as you are!

Mid-level in Tax | Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Company culture

We are little behind in training & India SSC usage

GT provides a great balance of interesting client work along with flexibility in your schedule so that you can live the life of your dreams

Experienced in Tax | Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great culture, strong firm leadership, mentorship from superiors, feeling like I'm valuable, and allowing for flexibility in my schedule

Too much administrative burden that limites the time available to focus on revenue growth, networking, and furthering my own technical knowledge.

Comments

We work hard but have a great "family" culture. Flexibility in schedules is encouraged and understood. Compensation is in line with the Big Four. We have an Associate rotation program that allows new people to try out our different business lines.

Entry-level in Tax

Kansas City, MO | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people in my office

Becoming more stringent and less employee friendly

Entry-level in Advisory Services

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

wokr life balnace, training, opportunity for promotion, smaller community

Public accounting in general can be more crueling than a typical 9-5 corporate job.

Grant Thornton invests in its employees just as much as its employees invest in them. GT makes you feel like you are a part of something exciting

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture, the opportunity to grow and promote, the investment leadership makes in people.

The lack of large university professor support.

Comments

I interviewed and was offered positions at four different public accounting firms and ended up choosing Grant Thornton. I wanted to be a face and not a number and wanted to be able to have access to mentorships from upper management. I have had incredible opportunities in such short time as GT allows you to make this career your own and to decide your career path. The culture at GT is obvious during interviews, but once you begin working, it is even more obvious. I feel incredibly lucky to be a part of a supportive and growing firm. GT is investing in me just as much as I am investing in them.

The best of both worlds

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

Stress

Comments

Our firm is the perfect combination of a large Big 4 firm and a small regional firm. I know everyone in my office and feel as though I significantly contribute to my teams even as a senior associate starting my 3rd year at the firm but feel as though I do not lack any resources that would be available to me in a Big 4.

Collaborative and supporting enviormnent focused on giving me the tools and policies I need to succeed.

Mid-level in Valuation Services | Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexible vacation time, great coworkers & leaders and a collaborative culture, wonderful clients

Your salary will be lower than market

Comments

I think this is a great workplace where individuals can develop professional skills with constant support from HR & the partners. They encourage involvement in the community as well as continued professional development. Our clients are wonderful and in my practice I get to have more client interaction than just internal audit reviews. Busy season can be brutal, but with new flex time off policies you normally have a chance to recover and plenty of time to travel.

Started from the bottom now I'm here

Experienced in Forensic Accounting | Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

It's a client service business, so the timing of certian duties and responsibilites are not always known and can interfere with work/life balance

Comments

There are a lot of great firms, GT has a current focus on culture and people. This focus is reflected in our retention rate.

Mid-level in Transaction Services

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm has a very open culture and encourages bringing people who have the appropriate skills in to perform the work.

The compensation is fair but not the most competitive for specialists.