Work at Frank Rimerman + Co. LLP? Submit a Review

Growth and Expand Your Knowledge While Working

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and the type of work

Outstanding opportunities and exciting experiences for entrepreneurs at Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP

Partner/Principal in Controller | San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Quality people with the highest ethical standards. Culture focused on people development and committed to developing the next leaders from within the firm. Variety of work. Flexible work schedule.

Nothing to note!

Comments

Frank, Rimerman has an outstanding reputation for client service. The firm offers employees the opportunity to personally tailor their careers to the area(s) of most interest including audit, tax (corporate and individual), accounting and cfo advisory, software, valuation, and business process consulting. The firm is committed to developing its people by the fact that most of our partners are home grown.

It's nice to work at such a well-respected firm.

Experienced in Financial Accounts & Reporting | Palo Alto, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The flexibility regarding schedule

The inadequate 401(k) contributions

Comments

Excellent career advancement opportunities if one is willing to put in the hours.

In a world of flashy diamonds, Frank, Rimerman + Co. is a rare and precious gem

Entry-level in Tax | Palo Alto, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The values and the people, for they are the foundation of success and happiness

Having to have relocated 800+ miles to be here, but it was worth it

Comments

I was a musical theatre geek in high school and a generalist-extraordinaire as I graduated Valedictorian. I wanted to pursue a business degree in order to provide a more stable future for myself and felt it was the best application of the skill set I possessed at the time. One of the first classes I had to take was accounting, and after being told it was the language of business, I felt it would be the best foundation I could set for myself. The general inclination is to go for a "Big-4" public accounting position. But I found that with smaller, regional/local firms, the development and inclusiveness within the firm is unparalleled. You have greater access to superiors, there is more emphasis on supporting a good work-life balance, and the range of work experience exposure is far greater. I would trade the "Big-4" name on my resume for these aspects any day because, not only are they going to give me the stability I craved, they are going to make me into a better person.

Entry-level in Tax

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and the firm.

High standards.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Type of clients, overall firm culture and attitude.

The attitude of superiority among certain individuals dampens the otherwise great team-oriented culture of the firm.

Exciting firm filled with exciting people to work with and learn from.

Entry-level in Consulting | San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people I work with.

Cubicles or small work rooms.

Comments

Keep in mind this is a CPA firm and not a start-up. The environment is professional and one should be as well. That being said, this firm is more family oriented than the larger firms. Compensation is higher than the big 4 as well. Clients tend to be small to mid-sized firms, typically pre IPO, which I find more exciting and engaging.

Frank, Rimerman is a firm that is nurturing and helpful all the way up the ranks.

Entry-level in Tax | Palo Alto, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and culture

The Bay Area commute during rush hour.

Comments

This firm is really supportive of goals and learning styles

Entry-level in Tax

San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

All the great people we interact with

excellent decision

Mid-level in Tax | Palo Alto, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

flexibility, friendly, good work/life balance

no 401k matching, no wellness stipend