Work at Frank Rimerman + Co. LLP? Submit a Review

Entry-level in External Audit

San Jose, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture and coaching

Hours can get crazy during busy seasons

Didn't Know I Could Be So Happy At Work

Entry-level in Valuation Services | San Francisco, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people, competitive work environment, and constant opportunities to learn and develop my career.

Pay and extra benefits could be more competitive, although it's still great.

Advice to Candidates

Honestly, if this is the line of work you'd like to get into, there is no place I would recommend more. I've had experience at other large accounting firms and this place is so unique in that they truly care about work/life balance and have a vested interest in your personal success.

I have found a firm that focuses on my personal and professional development and has enabled me to find a career I truly love.

Entry-level in Tax | San Francisco, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the clientele, and training/mentorship

Cost of living in S and busy seasons

Advice to Candidates

Overall, I think Frank Rimerman provides an exceptional and unique opportunity to allow interns and new associates rotate through different departments. It's hard to know exactly what you want to do right out of college and there is always the fear of becoming "pigeonholed" into a role or department. I think the rotational program not only benefits the associates by ensuring that they end up in an area they know they will like but also benefits the firm as employees tend to be happier in their positions and staying longer at the firm.

Best CPA firm in the industry, hands down

Entry-level in Tax | Palo Alto, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I have the ability to get on the jobs that interest me, and the clients are very well respected.

I dont really have any negatives

A people-friendly firm that has many opportunities for career growth.

Entry-level in Tax | San Jose, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The work flexibility. If I need to work remote one day, or one day I need to leave a bit early for a personal matter, I am able to do so quite easily.

The worst aspects of the firm is that the pay increase doesn't take a big jump until manager. This may lead to some people leaving the firm after a few years.

Advice to Candidates

Frank, Rimerman & Co. values their employees. There is plenty of room for growth as we work with clients that are constantly changing the business marketplace. In public accounting, hours can be long, but I think FRCO does their best to manage the hours at lower levels. At FRCO, as you work longer at the firm, your hours increase. This may vary from other firms where the staff members work the most, which can lead to burnout.

Could not be more happy to work here.

Entry-level in Tax | San Jose, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Co Workers

lots of homeless downtown san jose

Entry-level in Tax

Palo Alto, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm culture and the 6 weeks of training before they allow us to start working on client work

This firm cares about their people and their clients.

Entry-level in Tax | San Francisco, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, Clients, and Flexibility

Experienced in Tax

San Francisco, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people and incredibly interesting clients

The high hours of public accounting can be challenging

Exponential support and learning while servicing many incredibly crazy and fascinating industires

Entry-level | San Jose, CA | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My coworkers, the willingness of others to help me regardless of position, and the flexibility

I haven't found anything I have disliked yet. I have only been working a short time but I truly haven't found anything frustrating up to this point.

Advice to Candidates

I would say they need to be prepared to work hard. We have great flexibility but that is only truly useful once one has demonstrated they can take that flexibility and be productive. A candidate must be willing to ask questions and be a sponge to try to soak up as much info as possible for the first few months. This firm is full of great, open door policy, people that will help out when called upon. The leadership is taking this firm in a great direction and we get to work with so many great clients within our niche.