3.8 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 605 Employee Reviews)

Submit a Company Review
and Get 1 FREE DAY

audit assistant
March 2015 | Former Employee

great exposure to big name clients, great training, great on resume

zero work life balance, treated as a number, throw you right into the fire right out of school

Comments

definitely work here for the name recognition and opportunities. If you like it, great. If not, then you will have plenty of opportunities to leave but be patient and leave for the right opportunity because you will get many recruiters for many random jobs.

Great Collegiality at Deloitte
March 2015 | Former Employee

The people are motivated and driven, but unlike other consultancies, they don't need to knock anyone in order to succeed.

The travel requirements can be tough to manage over time.

Comments

Talk to existing employees, and understand the practice that you're joining. Deloitte has service lines that form their own subculture within the firm.

Deloitte Tax
March 2015 | Current Employee

Benefits, flexible schedule (depending on group and time of year), training, exposure to a wide variety of issues

Pyramidal, competitive, generally miserable coworkers (depending on group), busy season can be prolonged (depending on group)

Comments

Deloitte Tax is generally a great place to work if you can get yourself into a speciality group. If not, expect to be reviewing workpapers throughout the year and 80 hour weeks for approximately 16 weeks per year.

Analyst
March 2015 | Current Employee

The company was consist based on accountants culture, with relax working environment and having no competition, also paying a very good salary contrast with the other firm.

very long work hours, from 9 to 22 sometime 24. The salary is 30% of the investment bank guys.

Comments

a CPA holder will be a good chance to join in. Also the firm is seek on some guy who have a CFA or ASA certification.

AERS Enterprise Risk - Good but not great
February 2015 | Former Employee

Professionalism demonstrated by all, emphasis on teamwork, "growing your personal brand", etc. Growing and taking on new work which may lead to more interesting work

Lack of intellectual stimulation, high value placed on networking/building salesen instead of those who do meaningful work. Work is typically extremely boring - still having nightmares about internal controls 6 months later

Comments

Joining AERS advisory is a good way to gain access to the larger Deloitte network. Especially great for interns- they really know how to run a quality internship program. Don't plan on joining full-time unless you are an auditor looking for slightly more interesting, qualitative work OR are looking for an unchallenging, decently paying, networking gig.

Work life balance
February 2015 | Former Employee

The company offers good opportunity to balance your work and your life. The culture offered is great.

Work size gets huge during busy seasons and is difficult to manage.

Comments

Networking and communication is essential to grow. Pay at the initial level in tax is pretty low but yoy increments is good .

Executive in Audit & Assurance
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Very Challenging Work and Great People

Client demands

Comments

Be ready to get to work. Improve everyday and always look for opportunities to grow.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

Career development

Managing client epectations

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibilty, compensation based on performance, community involvement, reputation in market place

client service hours are inconsistent

Partner/Principal in Advisory Services
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

We have an incredibly warm and family oriented culture.

As is the nature of professional services our clients sometimes find themselves into emergencies that require long hours to resolve. It can be challenging at times to meet these demands but doing so is the nature of the business we are in.