Intern at Northeast Utilities Internship Program? Submit a Review

A company that makes you feel a part of there team.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very nice people. Flexible work hours. Learned a lot. A good balance between field and office work. Kept busy the entire time. Was treated like part of the team/department.

The intern presentation at the end.

Always ask questions, and keep busy. If you finished your work, go ask someone if there is something else to do. Don't complain.

Advice to Management

None, I was satisfied in all areas.

The most fun and important internship ever

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to go out in the field and do important tasks that will affect the company in the future

The office work

It is the best internship

A Great Entry into the Field of Electrical Engineering

Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with co-workers. Experience in a working environment.

Somewhat monotonous and confusing work.

Keep track of what you are doing. Make it so you could hand the project over to someone else and they could understand everything you have already done and why.

Advice to Management

I feel as though my responsibilities as a designer could have been explained better.

Learning How to Work in the Accounting World

Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the people who I worked with as well as learning about multiple jobs for an accountant.

The kind of work was sometimes boring for me because I like to work more with people and be more hands on, but I did get to attend meetings towards the end of the internship which made this much more fun and interesting.

My experience with this organization was wonderful and I would recommend anyone who is interested in this field to consider working here. The employees are friendly and helpful to one another in everything they do.

Advice to Management

Everything was great at this organization, but there was a merger going on which resulted in the loss of some employees. I understand that there is not much they can do about these kinds of things, but the management should not keep employees in the dark because they have a right to know what is going on or what is going to happen.

Very meaningful experience before starting a new career!

Practical project and experience

Lack of convenient stores and facilities in Hartford

Do your best on every single your mission or work even though those would be small things

Excellent exposure to the world of Transmission Planning and the processes of a succesful utility.

Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on multiple projects. Adding skills to my background outside of engineering.

Not being able to get my feet wet within other departments.

If you are interested in working for a utility, NU should be at the top of your list.

Great real world experience

Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people, becoming part of the team

I wasn't offered a job

Very supportive and qualified intern program.

An Overall Great Experience!

Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were the best part. They were so kind and went out of their way to celebrate me when I would return or leave for break. They went above and beyond to make me feel wanted and appreciated. There was always food around in the office either from a party or left over from an event, which was an added bonus. Not to mention, the candy store was a favorite of all the interns! I learned so much from everyone about accounting. I really enjoyed having a close relationship with my manager and not feeling scared to ask him a question.

Nothing, I truly enjoyed it.

Even though it is a casual atmosphere, dress appropriately. Don't be afraid to ask questions and to make mistakes. Work hard and show your bosses that you are trying. Network with the other interns!

Advice to Management

It would be nice if internships would lead to more full-time positions. However, given the status of the company it is understandable.

Great introduction to the business and working world.

Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

that there were other interns from different departments that we all became friends with.

the commute (over an hour each way), even though this is just a personal issue

I think they are hiring based on experience, this is not really the place to start your business or engineering career but somewhere to work after gaining experience in other places

Learn how to be a professional

Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The lessons and skills I have acquired that can be applied to my career as well as the rest of my studies

The simple repetative work

Find someone who knows what they are doing and learn as much as you can from them

Advice to Management

Include interns in more activites to facilitate learning rather than have them do simple work a program can run