EA Internship/Co-op Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #46 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 54 Intern Reviews)

A Great Intern Experience at EA Tiburon
Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship, salary, flexibility, food, people and culture

Do not have enough projects to work on.

You do need to prepare formal suiting, most people are wearing T-shirts.

Barely-qualified Software Engineer Intern manages to succeed through hard work, determination and helpful colleagues.
Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to really make changes and have an impact on a AAA game title.

The work environment allowed for significant expansion as an intern.

I did not receive credit to help finish undergrad (This was mostly UCF's policy, not EA's)

The opportunity at EA exists if you are willing to take it. Some interns failed through a lack of determination and closed-mindedness. Only take the job if you really love games.

Typical tech interview. Easy things that prove you have a comprehension of programming, and questions which are targeted at displaying your passion for gaming.

Advice to Management

Training is almost non-existent. The whole process is very "Trial-by-Fire". While this worked well for myself, it would be much nicer to have relevant training series.

The most amazing job ever!

The people.

The drive.

Be there to get the job, network. Be nice to everyone. Make sure everyone wants you to come back. EVERyONE! And you'll be coming back. Work hard. Don't be afraid to work extra hours if you need to or to leave on time if you need to. ASK QUESTIONS. They'll respect you far more for asking than if you just sit there stumped. Enjoy yourself and your colleagues. Make friends. Make it an experience of a lifetime. It is all up to you.

What is OO programming? What are the trade-offs of virtual functions? What kind of projects have you worked on? What do you want to do?

Advice to Management

Have more managers like Tony? He was amazing!

Making meaningful contributions to one of the most influential AAA gaming franchises in the industry.
Redwood City, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fantastic networking opportunity, created valuable friendships/connections. Flexibility to work meaningful overtime and make the most of the internship. Ownership of parts of the final product, possible by the team trusting me with real work as opposed to "intern work." Phenomenal learning experience about the workflow/structure standpoint in my desired industry, as well as cutting edge tools in the gaming industry. Great for establishing the work-life balance that I will be practicing post-graduation.

It felt so short, and that I had to leave at a critical time for the project. It would have also been nice to have another intern in my specific department.

This is an internship experience that is extremely rewarding for someone that likes to dive into new tools and learn quickly. It gives you an opportunity to work among industry professionals and push yourself to leave a lasting impression on your team. You can expect your hard work to be meaningful and relevant.

Having had a similar internship prior, the interview questions were mostly focusing on that experience.

Difficult, all-the-while extremely rewarding internship experience.
Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given real, meaningful tasks to work on that I was able to see become part of production.

Nothing, really.

I would suggest to go out of your comfort zone and work on areas of development that you have not before. I was able to develop a ton of great new skills because my boss gave me new, unique opportunities.

I honestly cannot remember.

Advice to Management

Honestly--I loved everything. I guess the only thing I could suggest are some more intern social activities.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

best internship ever!
Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

getting to work on AAA Gen 4 video games was an excel ant experience!

everything was great and I can't think of anything I didn't like about it, seriously....

Extremely worthwhile experience

imagine things and have professionals help you implement it
Redwood City, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I met and the atmosphere that they provide

The traffic during the commute

The project leader I had was amazing, he really understood how important a good environment is to a creative space. T Boyd is a great man and I would love to work for him again.

Awesome experience
Redwood City, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Team culture was awesome, I learnt a lot.

Nothing at all.

Show your interest.

Advice to Management

Team bonding.

Gained great experience and was given the responsibility to implement major features.
Redwood City, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The overall educational experience was amazing. The office quickly accepted me, and swiftly ramped up the difficulty of my tasks. They respected me enough to give me actual work. And, the work was enjoyable and very educational. The general culture of the office was also very warm.

There were some failures in communication and other issues about finding housing, but they listen to my problems and I believe they will act on them.

My experience has been great, but different studios have different cultures, and a lot of it depends on the employee about whether they will enjoy working there. That said, I really really like it there, and I couldn't imagine having a better internship position.

A few simple C++ questions, then questions about personal projects, how I would technically expand them, what I learned, what I could have done better.

Advice to Management

No real comments.

Great work culture, excellent minds in the organization
Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learning opportunity in the area i worked with other areas too

nothing i could think on which i least liked. The only cons i can think is its relocation amount and not providing any housing facility.

This company has best working culture. I really had blast throughout the internship. Team is good. people are so cool with great minds. People knows their jobs so well yet they are cool in attitude, That was the best experience i can get.

Advice to Management

i only have complain with the compensation in terms of relocation and housing and daily commute transportation.