EA Internship/Co-op Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #19 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

A wonderfully stimulating experience working with a talented and enthusiastic team to produce a product of which we were all proud.

Being able to start the foundation of my career in my dream job. Discovering how much I loved programming. Working with talented, intelligent, enthusiastic team members. Contributing to a project that I'm very proud of and can't wait to see in its final release.

Occasionally you'll have to work with somebody who you dislike - maybe their quality of work is different from what you're used to, or their communication skills make it tough to interact with them. People like this exist in all disciplines and companies I'm sure, and this aspect of work, though very rare, was my least favorite part of the internship.

I'd definitely recommend this company to a candidate, with the caveat that the candidate must be good at what they do. Everybody here is competent, hard working, responsible, and very good at what they do. It's important that a candidate be prepared to work hard, and be ready to polish their skills in programming or design. (C++ a necessity when programming, experience in movies/games for design)

Advice to Management

This company is very team oriented. Everyone is good friends with each other, and camaraderie is strong. As a new employee, it can be kind of intimidating to get to know a large number of people who are all more experience than you, and who are all friends with each other already. I'd recommend having several events early in the internship to introduce new employees to the team, maybe 5 or 6 people at a time. It would be nice to have a better chance to learn everybody's name, what they do and where they sit. I felt a little bit "thrown into the deep end" when I first started - everybody knew my name but I couldn't keep track of anyone!

How To Make Yourself Better Everyday and Have Fun Doing It

Getting to do what I love. Really feeling like a part of my team.

My particular team works on so many projects that I often feel like I'm being pulled in every direction. At the same time, I kind of love that. I also felt like I didn't have very one on one time with my manager.

Utilize your time wisely to meet and network with other people within the company. Get to know everyone and do your best everyday. If you don't have enough to do, ask for more.

Date: 2013

It was a wonderful experience, which has helped me learn a great deal about which field I would like to work in during the future.

The atmosphere at work allowed me to work diligently while having fun and connecting with employees.

I interned as an Information Technology intern where I handled the home office ticket queue.

Find out what your work pace is and stay consistent to that pace.

Date: 2013

Technical Artist helps ensure it's in the game!

It was my first experience working with games. I had the opportunity to network and work with a lot of brilliant individuals. I also enjoyed the social events for the interns and for the game teams (movie nights, trip to Universal Studios, Bowling, etc). I also enjoyed the free games and the nice backpack that interns receive.

I really enjoyed the whole experience, so I can not think of any cons.

I believe a good candidate is someone who is willing to learn not only independently but also from other experienced experts. As a technical artist, it does require a good sense of organization and forsight into the potential use of a production tool or workflow. Most importantly, a technical artist should be able to bridge the gap between software engineers and artists, so knowing scripting languages (C#, Python, Mel, Javascript, etc) and production tools (Maya, Photoshop, Houdini, etc.) is definitely crucial.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful to offer some training courses during the summer to help take better advantage of the technology available in the studio.

Date: 2013

Where work doesn't feel like work! Where you want to talk about work at lunch.

The fun people, relaxed work culture, and interesting products.

Cost of living in the bay area

This is a place where fun and work come together. There are real long term opportunities here with a company you will love.

Make games, play games.

Flexibility with my project and time. Perks of the campus and job. Team culture. Pay.

Long commute from San Francisco. Working alone.

EA is a great place for an internship. There are many departments that are sure to catch your interest. They take of you as an intern, treat you like an employee. They have great benefits, flexibility, and the culture is really fun. Pays very well!

Advice to Management

There's some tension and unspoken things about employee retention. They cleared a lot of people right before I started, so there are a ton of empty desks. And there seem to be a lot more contractors. It's kind of unspoken but it feels like EA doesn't really care about their employees in terms of job security. Like they just care about saving money where they can. People seem to get fired for no real reason.

Its in the game!

The fact that I was able to take charge of an entire feature on a AAA game even this late in the production cycle and actually was able to complete most of it. Enough so that I will be credited on the game launch!

The stay/relocation, though compensated for was quite a bit of a hassle to finalize, find, do up, etc.

Be ready to be on a schedule as you would a full time job and not a simple internship.

Advice to Management

I believe some class based training for all interns together would have helped nourish friendships and also gotten us used to the internal systems in a smoother manner than now.

Best Internship Ever!

The ability to work as a game producer with other producers and be a key player in that team. I was responsible for features in the game and was able to help make creative decisions.

That I don't get to stay on and keep working. This is my favorite job ever, and I wish I could stay.

Do whatever it takes to get this internship. The experience is amazing and worth every minute.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have is have a position open at the end of the internship so if you like the intern you could hire him full time.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Date: 2013

Get paid to learn more in 3 months than you did after 3 years of expensive schooling.

Learning more in less than 3 months than I have in the last 3 years of college and getting paid for it! Getting to work with a group of amazing and talented people who all love their job. Having the opportunity to get real world experience in the industry and getting to work on something that is enjoyed by millions of people around the world.

That it wasn't longer!

Everyone here is hard-working and respectful when it comes to the job, but is also relaxed and fun. I have never before worked somewhere where everyone loves what they do and has all the fun in the world doing it.

Date: 2013

I'm glad I took the chance of coming out to EA SPORTS - Tiburon. What a positive experience! Great people!

The team I am working on has been welcoming, and everyone here is so nice. The work I have been doing has been enjoyable and fun. I love the hours, too. Also, Julie Ghata and Shawnna Adamson have set up an amazing internship here in Orlando. Fantastic intern team bonding experiences!

The only real con that I can list is that it didn't seem that the team knew when I was coming in/when my start date was. However, that was fixed quickly. The location. This is not really a con that can be addressed. I just missed my family and California and the weather/climate on the west coast. There have been no chilly nights in the Florida summer.

I have only had positive experiences at work. Don't hesitate to jump on this opportunity!

Advice to Management

Set reminders for when your intern is going to show up, so hopefully it's not a surprise. Ha!