Intern at DISH Summer Internship? Submit a Review

Alright Company, Fantastic After-Work Life

Englewood, CO | February 2016 | FORMER INTERN

After work and weekends - good times. You'll love everything Colorado has to offer. The best summer I've had!

Nice hotel with daily complementary breakfast and dinners Tuesday - Thursday. Free alcohol, woo!

Corporate environment was more laid-back than I expected.

Compensation leaves some to be desired, especially for a Fortune 250 company. Overtime policy is awful despite how HR tries to rationalize.

Couple too many presentations to attend and a dull call center field experience.

Comments

After-work experiences helped make up for the okay compensation.

Answer the roommate questionnaire honestly. Apologize for the soapbox but I loved my roommates! Felt extremely comfortable around them.

If you don't like your department, you'll have opportunities to interview with other department heads.

Pride Adventure and Winning

Work, Team, Networking, Intern Events

Everything was really neat!

Identify what you expect out of your career, and make an articulate case for getting opportunities. More often than not, people will help you attain it.

This isn't your regular internship, it's a worthwhile experience and adventure

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I most enjoyed getting to network with so many people and learning about the intricacies of a industry that I knew nothing about. I also loved how approachable everyone was, and the amount of responsibility my team gave me.

The thing I liked least was the lack of opportunity to do much with my co-workers outside of the office. Co-workers meaning current full-time employees.

There are a lot of fun people, and the atmosphere is great! That being said, the culture can greatly differ depending on your department.

Advice to Management

The overall culture needs improvement. Most people liked the internship, but those that didn't tended to be in the same departments. This is a problem, as the experience should be similar for everyone.

I honestly don't remember any questions! My interview was so long ago.

A life changing experience!

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the exposure to the C-Suite executives. Their door was always open, and actively participated in intern activities. Other pros include; the location can't be beat, and the company culture at Dish makes it exciting to go into work each day.

There was limited collaboration among interns.

Take your time completing your project, but don't procrastinate. You have just about 10 weeks to complete it and your managers and executives will be expecting a very thorough presentation.

DISH Offers Peak Intern Experience Including Mountains, Rockies Game and Much More!

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the exposure I received to the corporate culture of DISH. I also enjoyed climbing a mountain, going to a Rockies game, and multiple happy hours for the interns.

There wasn't anything specific that I did not like about the internship.

Come ready to work hard and have a good time.

Responsibility you don't deserve

experience
environment
culture

distance from home

Take advantage of your interviews

What is your preferred work environment?

Do you respond well to pressure?

Are you competitive/ambitious?

An incredible experience, both at DISH and in Denver, Colorado.

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

A lot of freedom to do what you want and to learn about every aspect of the business. Very much an internship that is shaped by your own initiative.

Nothing. This internship was exactly what I wanted from an IT internship.

Be open to learning about the business. They seek people who interact with every department and present ideas with holistic awareness of their implications.

Advice to Management

None that I know of.

What's a project that challenged your abilities as a leader?

Dish internship project offers students hands on experience and exposure to executives

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on a project with real company significance and having access to network with executives.

I would have liked to work on a side project along with my main project.

Dish is a very high energy company that truly embodies their core values of pride , adventure, and winning. They expect their employees to execute their jobs with their core values in mind.

Advice to Management

The employee demographics could be more diverse. The ratio of male to female workers seemed to be skewed to have more men.

Explain a time when something significant did not go your way and how did you respond to it.

Opportunity to enhance self-growth and development

14er hike with executives

Cubicle environment

High visibility within the company

Advice to Management

Compensation and diversity

See the company from the bottom-up and top-down!

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

You get to see the whole company.

Felt like someone was always watching me.

If you have pride, adventure, and a winning attitude, you'll love this place. If you don't, it won't be a fit.

Advice to Management

Benefits are suboptimal and will be a consideration if I receive an offer.

Give an example of a time where you made your own good luck through hard work.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)