AT*T Leadership Development Program Internship

Date: 2013

Through a focused project, you get a chance to have an impact and get exposure to one of the most exciting companies in the world.

Getting engrossed in a specific team and learning about that business unit is the day to day of the internship. But the exciting part is to connect the dots and see how this mico-specific project relates to the macro strategic initiatives of the company.

There is so much to learn and the time is so short. Every time you learn something new, you realize there are a multitude of other complementary/supporting factors you were previously unaware of.

Make sure to dedicate time to understand how your daily tasks might be the roots, but that it is important to maintain the learning perspective to understand how the roots support an entire forest. Take time to anchor yourself to the high-level strategic initiatives.

Date: 2013

AT&T's LDP program: seeking future leaders for our future business needs

My project was challenging, interesting and gave me perspective into issue that senior management deals with on an ongoing basis. Additionally, the opportunity to network with people across many different business units to determine what part of the business you would like to pursue.

Not always knowing where to go to find information, which lead to inefficiencies, but offered an opportunity to meet and engage with many people during the information searching process.

You will be provided with challenging projects during your internship experience. Accept the challenge, work hard, get the job done and seek opportunities to meet leaders throughout the organization.

Advice to Management

The LDP is great about providing training, although the different business units in which we are placed vary with regard to onboarding processes, which make it challenging for a new employee to get up to speed.