Intern at AT*T Financial Leadership Program Internship? Submit a Review

Interning at a company with great people and culture.

Dallas, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about the industry. The opportunity to meet with directors, Vice Presidents, and Senior Vice Presidents. Being able to take courses in any subject on AT&T University. Working with an awesome manager.

There was not too much I did not like about the internship.

Great place to work during a summer internship. The exposure to directors and work culture make it a great experience.

AT&T is about people. Everyone wants you to succeed and the company provides the resources for you to do so.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly, fun environment. Great people, challenging work.

As with any large corporation, ideas take a while to implement and you have lots of bureaucracy to navigate.

If you want a challenging place to work, where the people care about you, in a fun industry, with good pay, AT&T is an excellent choice.

Advice to Management

Keep the tone at the top focused on allowing anyone anywhere in the company to submit ideas and be justly compensated and promoted. The industry is always changing and even though such a large company typically can't support truly rapid changes, the closer it moves toward that pace the more opportunities for growth.

Jumping into a 75B budget

Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly team. Want you to succeed. Access to leadership

Often bored. Pay could be better

Make sure you're aware of the culture and the industry. Also spend time networking a lot as att is very into a networking ability.

Advice to Management

Compensation could be higher. More competitive work environment. Ability to change things or introduce new ideas more quickly

What worries you about ATT's most recent financials? Talk about a time you received negative feedback from a supervisor.

Great opportunity with AT&T via the FLP internship

Dallas, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship include the meaningful project assignments, the quality people who I worked with, and the visibility as an FLP intern.

The least attractive aspect of the internship was the compensation / lack of housing assistance over the summer.

Overall, this is a great opportunity for an MBA aspiring to gain real world finance experience for a world class company. You will be given highly visible work and be expected to add value throughout the summer. I would advise that you network with other FLPs during the summer as much as you can - they are always willing to help and are a great resource.

Small and specialized financial experience but in a large corporation

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Knowledge, experience, and enhanced financial skills relevant for any future career

Not long enough

The program truly allows you to grow personally and as an employee within the organization by setting you up with the necessary skills and network to succeed.

Impactful Financial Planning and Analysis Internship - Excellent Opportunity to learn and grow

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I worked with was very willing to help me. I came in with little Finance experience and they were instrumental in my success within the internship.

My (temporary) desk was located far away from my team. This left me isolated at times. On the whole however; this was not a major issue as I would just walk over to the team when needed.

Be bold when reaching out to senior executives at the company. They are surprisingly willing to meet and discuss any topic you'd like. There are definitely some politics that happen at the organization and it's helpful to make the right contacts to gain information.

Advice to Management

Seems like a great place to work! Compensation for the Finance department seems lower than what other large companies offer - perhaps this could be evaluated in the future.

If you were retiring, what things would you say to your team in your retirement speech?

Describe your first interaction with a new team that you are responsible for.

Perform meaningful work in a supportive learning environment.

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great exposure to different areas of the company and its leadership.

Interview process was awkward.

AT&T's size allows employees to work in many areas of the company and develop into a well rounded professional.

Advice to Management

Policies in the finance organization have not modernized with the rest of the company. It will be difficult to retain talent if the policies do not change.

Excellent exposure to senior executives and challenging problems that stretch your creativity and intellectual prowess.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think the best aspects of the internship was the opportunity to work on real meaningful projects that provided great exposure and made me grow and develop more than I hoped. Management is top notch and everyone is very accessible. The work is very stimulating and challenging.

Pay for the internship was mid to low (when compared with other students in my network). No relocation package as well made things tighter. I would also signal that sometimes there is a resistance to change.

Excellent employer whom I would highly recommend. You will get an awesome education in telecommunications as well as technology.

Advice to Management

AT&T was a phenomenal place to intern for the summer (particularly as an FLP). I felt like my supervisor was exceptional and the others on my team were very helpful and accessible. I would say that the fact that AT&T did not offer a relocation package was almost a deal-breaker for me. Students are typically cash poor and trying to move out (particularly if you have a family) without any cash (except from student debt) is an issue. The vast majority of internship offers that my fellow students received had a relocation package. Other than that, it was a great experience.

Wonderful Experience, Relevant Skills Acquired

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked for, the projects I worked on, the activities set up by the program.

There was nothing that disappointed me about the internship. All my expectations were met or exceeded.

Make sure you let your enthusiasm come out. Show you are excited about the company and its success.

Great program for any person interested in a long, happy, fulfilling career in corporate finance.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentoring from direct manager. Freedom on my assigned projects. Networking opportunities with other interns, full-time FLP's, and senior execs in the company.

Salary. Although it was above average. I think the company should look to be a little more competitive in regards to pay.

Although there is hierarchy as in any large company, managers/executives were all really down to earth and super friendly and candid with the interns. The workforce love the industry and company. Almost everyone I talked with wanted to work here their entire career. Turnover is almost non-existent and people really are passionate about the work they do.

Advice to Management

Compensation could be higher.

Mostly behavioral/basic interview questions. Do some research on the company and the financial statements before interviewing. Also, I would recommend listening to a couple of earnings calls to know what initiatives are being focused on and how successful they are.