Intern at AT&T Financial Leadership Program Internship? Submit a Review

A great place to work and gain valuable experience.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people and good work/life balance.

Not as much exposure to leadership since I was based in LA and not HQ.

It's better if you know what area of the business you'd like to work in (i.e. content/mobility/business services/etc.) Make sure you show your excitement for the industry.

Great FLP Internship Experience

Leadership exposure, Networking Opportunities, Work-life balance

Not Applicable

Learn about different area of the business and don't miss the opportunity to meet senior leadership

AT&T FLP Internship: A gateway to the future of not only your career, but making a positive impact on society.

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having a supervisor that will place you in real life situations and allow you to fully understand the way the day to day operations work was tremendous. The best part about this is that all assignments, roles, and projects will not be given to you on a silver platter but are yet designed to challenge you and utilize the helpful talent around you to get the job done accurately and on time.

There was not much to dislike. This is one of largest companies in the world yet it operates like a family.

This is perhaps one of the greatest networking and career building internships available, NOT AT ALL WORTH PASSING UP!

Advice to Management

Adding some more structure to the onboarding process would allow the interns more time to do the job and learn. This could be easily obtained by granting system access to the intern in advance rather than waiting on HQ to process requests.

Why AT&T?

Why this internship?

Walk me through your resume!

Best work life balance! Excellent Training!

The exposure to leadership

the compensation

Make sure to network

(n/a)

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoy the collaborative and cross functional work I did. The FLP is looked highly upon by others in the organization. The access to top leadership was great as well.

Sometimes it felt as if my manager was too busy for me, but I believe this is specific to my manager and is not representative of the company as a whole.

Get out and take as much advantage of the program as you can. I was able to meet with the treasurer of the firm, all because I engaged him and I was in the FLP program.

You are assigned a broad topic to present before a board of executives followed by Q&A. Also, your manager has some input as to if you get an offer or not.

Experience impactful on the job experience in a welcoming and goal oriented environment!

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects was the mentorship, team camaraderie, and impactful projects.

Sometimes experience downtime waiting for reports or requested items. Something to be expected in a big company.

Make sure you take advantage of all the opportunities to meet with senior executives and mentors.

Experential learning at its best, but it requires initiative on your end

Networking
Co-workers
Amount of individuals who were ok with helping
Social circles
Diversity
Team-work
Leadership & Organizations Outside Work

HVD

Learn best practices from day one.
Read the newsletter
Understand the corporate structure and the divisions as soon as possible
Network and identify a list of leaders you want to talk to
Reach out to FLP full timers and alumni
Do your work well

Advice to Management

From what I hear, compensation is on the lower end. Hours, retention, promotion, diversity, training is fantastic, but it is alarming that with such a high reputation, the compensation might be lower, particularly compared to other AT&T programs such as the LDP.

Demonstrate a time that you showed leadership by solving a team conflict between internal team members?
What are your strengths?
Where do you see AT&T in the next few years?

Learn a broad range of finance across a massive Telecom/Tech Company

Birmingham, AL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning/Development. Mentoring Support. Programs among Interns. Opportunity to Network with both executives and all across org.

Cannot think of anything. I had to learn some programming/computer science on my own to get situated, and that was exhausting, but I am glad I did.

Make sure you understand your assignment going in and talk with potential supervisor beforehand. I thought I understood, but it was a massive project, which ended up being a great opportunity.

Advice to Management

Can't think of anything.

Good people, good learning, good hours, good pay - a good summer!

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to upper management, being on their radar

Corporate bureaucracy

If you want to rise quickly, join a startup. This internship is for smart but patient people willing to work hard and be rewarded for it.

Advice to Management

Offer differential pay depending on the city/state you work! Explain two things better: salary differences between internship/full time, and leveling/career progression.

Finance Leadership Program

Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and meeting people in charge. Developed orientation and curriculum for interns. Involved.

Nothing really

The company is, to be expected, very large and with that come hierarchies

Advice to Management

I have heard people complain about promotion policies and how that impacts employee retention, as people who work here look elsewhere because of the low probability of promotion