AT*T Financial Leadership Program Internship

Date: 2013

Exceeded my expectations for a summer internship. I could not have asked for a better experience.

The program director did an excellent job of matching my skills to the right intern role within finance. I was able to jump right in and immediately contribute and make an impact within the organization. At the same time, I was learning a lot and developing as a person. My assignments were challenging but I was given room to be creative and come up with new ideas and ways of doing things. I left at the end of the summer feeling very proud at what I had accomplished. Some of the models I developed will be adapted and used even after I am gone. It is an incredible feeling to know that I made an impact at such a well known and innovative company.

Relocation expenses and housing were not covered as part of this internship.

This internship is not just looking for good financial analysts but for the future leaders of AT&T. So, it is not enough to just be good at the analytical side of the job. Make sure you highlight your leadership skills during the interview process. Once you begin your internship, go out of your way to network and be outgoing. Be confident and comfortable stating your ideas and opinions as well as presenting your findings.

Advice to Management

In the current company culture, a lot of people work through lunch and eat at their desks. Doing this everyday prevents people from networking and developing relationships. I would suggest sponoring some networking lunches to get people into the habit of eating lunch with their co-workers.

Date: 2013

Challenging corporate finance experience in a highly competitive industry

Exciting/challenging work, opportunities to network, well paid, flexible hours

No relocation assistance, decisions sometimes took a long time to be implemented due to company's large size

Be open minded about the assignment you are given. The company is very large and the products are very diverse. Be sure to network and learn the business no matter what your role is.

Advice to Management

Please offer relocation assistance to those coming to the internship from far away and need to find short term living arrangements. It is very expensive to try to do that on your own.

Intellectually stimulating experience

The willingness of each full-time employee to mentor, teach, and consider me a part of the team from Day 1.

Not being able to stay longer and complete some of the projects I had started.

Determine what business unit/function you will be supporting and the responsibilities associated with this role.

Date: 2013

I unique vantage point of "a day in the life..." of a full-time role while completing a capstone project

exposure to management

i stared at my computer for most of every day

be ready to work

Date: 2013

Wonderful FLP Internship Experience: Networked with AT&T Executives and gained Corp. Finance work experience

Networking, Organization, Exec. Leadership exposure,Career Growth / Development

Not Applicable.

Summer interns should be proactive in emerging oneself in AT&T's culture.

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

Learned a lot about the industry, met some amazing people, but I wish the work was more challengin

Work/Life Balance People Exposure

Work wasn't complex Their can be a lot of downtime in between projects Could be a bit more structured with actual summer projects and goals to accomplish I wish they would pay for a moving bonus.

I think this is a good place to get yoru feet wet in the telecom and tech industries. People are nice and you learn a lot about the inner workings of the company and the drivers of the industry.

Advice to Management

I think there should be more structure and that FLP leadership should work with the intern managers to develop an actionable plan of work for interns to work on during the sumemr and not just use them for ad-hoc projects. We hire some really intelligent people we should use them more efficently.

Challenging Work, Fun Coworkers, Team Work, Amazing Learning Experience

I learned how to work with big data and create complex real use financial model with the help of extremely knowledgeable and friendly teammates and coworkers (even when members are separated by the continent).

It is too short. Time flied by too fast.

If you like challenging work, nice coworkers, stable work/life balance, networking opportunity with senior management, and eager to learn about telecom industry, then AT&T is right for you.

Advice to Management

I would have love to spend more time with fellow interns and FLPs instead of once a month events.

Date: 2012

At AT&T, the environment thrives off of learning and development - I was able to contribute and make a difference in my organization.

Having access to so many developmental resources.

Location (no cost of living adjustments).

My experience was challenging yet fulfilling - it definitely isn't an internship you want just to have one, its an internship to have so that you can build towards a successful career.

Advice to Management

Everything I experienced was wonderful! But as I stated before, living in a very expensive city and being paid the same as someone in another city is not optimal. Also, some interns may have a trailing family, so a small relocation stipend would have been very nice and made the beginning of my internship a lot less stressful.

Date: 2012

Great project and opportunity to learn.

I really liked the area, the team, and the project.

There was no housing stipend and they didn't provide enough time to make a decision.

Get involved with other projects outside of the internship project so that you can get a feel of what day to day work would be like.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)