Intern at AT&T Financial Leadership Program Internship? Submit a Review

Grow personally and professionally within a high performing finance group.

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

We have significant access to senior leadership and people from around the company are aware of our program. They are always open to meeting with us. My role focuses on two main initiatives: automation and data security, that are highly valued by AT&T.

Difficult to balance assigned projects with the final presentation we need to make to determine if we receive a full time offer or not.

One of the hardest things you will do is identify who is the best person to speak with regarding the information that you need. That said, be very open and up front about what you are working on and what your goals are. If you do this, people are happy to point you in the right direction!

Advice to Management

AT&T has a plethora of training modules within "T University". I wish they would identify some key courses FLP interns should complete during their internship.

If two of AT&T's competitors merged, how should AT&T respond? What stands out about our company's Financial statements?

Financial Modeling Internship

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands on experience, flexible, and many resources

Slow access due to large company

Your job will tasks and responsibilities will change a lot based on your department, some are more ad hoc, some are more thought provoking, etc.

Opportunity to prove yourself to the big dogs of a major corporation.

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work/life balance, exposure to executives, learning opportunities.

Lack of structure.

How truly large it is and a general idea of business structure. Would have saved me a few days of learning on the job.

Advice to Management

Better compensation for the full-time program would be more of an incentive during the internship. Housing subsidies would help greatly as I am currently paying double rent.

What strategic initiative should AT&T pursue? What are some issues currently presented in their financial statements? Why AT&T?

FLP on the fringe

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to different kind of department in Finance
work life balance was great
People
access to AT&T resources such as training

not in main finance hub
felt that our FLP intern group was a little left out on the planning
no exposure to other Finance groups

Make sure to evaluate locations with the mindset that Dallas is where all of the Finance people are located.

Wprk-life balance at AT&T

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a very interesting project

I met with very interesting people

The office where I was located had fewer people working there so it was difficult to have as many in person discussions as I wanted to.

- Network to actually get to know more about the company. I found it personally better to hear directly from people about what they do as a job than reading it on the AT&T's website.

Advice to Management

Work more with your interns
Make sure you are ready to receive them so that they can start early on their projects. 10 weeks go by very fast!

Why AT&T?

Why should we hire you?

An experience that allows you to learn and work with great people at one of the most important companies in America.

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is knows someone that can help you if you need help with gathering information or if you want to learn more about a part of the business. The best part about this is that it means access to almost anything you can imagine as AT&T is involved in so many different projects.

My supervisor was always busy so communications with her were brief. However, she still made time to ensure that I was enjoying the experience and had the guidance I needed to succeed.

If you are here, be committed. This is a top program that many are fighting to get into and for good reason. You will exit the internship with much more knowledge and experience that will make you a better leader and employee.

What was one time you ignored someone's advice and what was the result?
If the company's competitor made a very competitive initiative, how will you address your employees about it?

I learned a lot and loved the work environment.

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great work environment. Great support from other AT&T employees. The company really puts a lot of resources into making the program a success. The project I did was exactly what I was hoping to do and was a rewarding and educational experience.

Parking can be difficult at the building in Dallas

It is good to do a really deep dive into the company and learn as much as possible. AT&T is involved in so many businesses and it helps to be familiar with them. I thought I had a good understanding of that before I arrived but I had a lot to learn.

Advice to Management

As far as I can tell the management here is doing an excellent job to make this a good place to work. Perhaps adding some additional space could help though.

Opportunity to learn finance and grow professionally at a leading tech company with great work/life balance

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality rotations (a lot of breadth to choose from)
Work/life balance
Access to senior financial leaders

I feel like the salary could be a little more competitive

Definitely do your research on where the different departments are located. Some of the better rotations aren't available in every city.

Talk about something you found interesting/noteworthy in AT&T's latest earnings report
What do you know about AT&T?

Diving into the unpredictable world of big mergers and acquisitions.

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Coworkers' support has been key. No intense competitiveness that you would expect from finance MBA's

Hierarchical flow of information, I really don't know why I'm doing some of the stuff I have to do.

Not all units in Finance are the same, it is best to ask your recruiter to put you in contact with people from different business untis, just so you understand from someone else's perspective the culture of your team.

Advice to Management

The salary is not competitive. And there was no relocation assistance. Management positions are not diverse at all.

After looking through our financial statements, what observations do you have to improve it?
With our upcoming merger with TWC, what do you recommend management focuses on for it to be successful?

Great experience that allows you to develop skills and learn more the telecommunication industry

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My projects stretch me to develop new skills and exercise the one I develop at business school I enjoyed the challenge and having projects that had a impact on the organization.

I was the only intern at this location in my program but I enjoy meeting people around the country at other locations via telepresence.

You should make sure you talk to other interns and people within the organization so you could know what division want to request to work in so you can be placed well.

Advice to Management

There could be a online courses or videos to learn about different divisions on an intern portal.

Tell me about a time you set a challenging goal for a team or group? What is the outcome?

Tell me about a time you took a risk against the advice of others? What was the outcome?

Integrity question - talk about a time you saw someone showing questionable integrity and did you do?