Intern at Walgreen Company Corporate Internship Program? Submit a Review

Walgreens interns given work that will actually impact and innovate the company

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work i did is actually going to be implemented in stores, good professional development programs

Towards the end, there was a lot of work

Know how to read numbers & use excel. Also, email is a tad overrated; sometimes you have to pick up the phone!

how would you introduce a new product into Walgreens?

Advice to Management

better vendor communication systems

Challenging and rewarding internship experience, produced real and valuable work

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

felt very trusted, was working on something "real" that my manager is using in his strategy for this year

it was difficult and challenging. i often felt stressed but really did learn a lot

be prepared to work and be challenged, it is not the type of internship where you just do odd tasks or errands. I was really brought into and became part of the team and my work was valued.

"If you were considering bringing in a new razor brand to the stores, what factors would you look at in making your decision?"

Advice to Management

n/a

Internship which increases knowledge and growth as well as culture within a company

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and teaching abilities of mentor/managers/whole company

Ability to do work within different departments

Everyone and anyone is willing to help, we met the CFO as interns, great exposure and learning abilities

A learning experience

Senior Managers

Learning Opportunities

HR Development

Compensation

Flexibility

"Real" work

Work-Life Balance

Walgreens most definitely helps you develop much needed skills

Great people who are there to give support and guidance at any time

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

1. The internship was set up so that I had a buddy, mentor, and boss. This gave me multiple people to go to for any type of questions.

2. The company has lots of outside activities (after work) to participate in so that you can network with older professionals and get to know the other interns better.

1. The headquarters are located 45 minutes out in the suburbs of Chicago.

2. Some bosses will let you work from home 1 day and others will not. It depends which you get stuck with.

When working at Walgreens, you have to live and breath retail. Come into the interview process knowing that.

Great way to gain retail experience

Evanston, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Retail experience, exposure to senior leadership, meaningful projects

Career path was unclear, culture was not very social

You should be very interested in retail. The location is far out in the suburbs, which makes it hard to get to Chicago.

Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team; tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision

Advice to Management

Networking events could have been better. It seemed like talent recruitment is not a priority for the organization, in terms of time and money invested in the programs.

Great experience in a Fortune 50 company that has huge growth opportunities

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Walgreens provides free housing for interns that are far away, which helped me a lot. I loved living with other interns and getting to know them. Walgreens really tries to get the interns to network with each other. The people in my department were super nice and very helpful.

My department did not know I was arriving, so I did not always have a lot of work to do.

Make sure that you are a good fit for the company- it is not for people who want to work on crazy projects with crazy hours. Above all, Walgreens is a very honest company and I feel like it's a very great place to work and advance your career.

Tell me about a time you gave great customer service.

Disappointing

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Housing Accomodation

Dull work on daily basis

Be sure of what you want to do