Intern at Toys "R" Us, Inc. Store Management Internship Program? Submit a Review

Toys R Us: Ready to Teach All Students!

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The management and all the employees were very welcoming and willing to teach.

The long hours

Toys R Us has a great deal of room for improvement for all employees.

Advice to Management

Employee retention

Excellent Pay With Non-traditional Work Schedule

Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay was great and the resume gaining experience was beneficial

Random hours and really "intense" environment for an intern.

Be prepared for hectic hours that may require early mornings (6am) and definately will require late nights and weekends.

Advice to Management

More structure for the overall expectations of the intern in the store. They need to outline that the management intern is going to have to monitor other employees just like other supervisors and managers in the store.

Desire a structured internship with real experience? DO NOT APPLY HERE !

Providence, RI | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning what aspect of the retail industry I do truly desire. I want to go into operations and logistics. Rather than focusing on selling a product and managing a store, I want to be focused on maintaining supply and keeping accurate inventory counts so that there is a product to be sold.
Learning that wisdom does really come from experience and though this for me was a horrible experience, I did learn about myself and the sort of environment that I do want to work in.

The hours-Mine never changed. I worked 9-5 daily
I had very high expectations and hopes for this internship. My store manager was not interested in what I wanted to get out of this internship. He was focused on me just getting the minimum requirements completed for the store.

I think the best advice is this internship is for students who are good with little to no direction from supervisors, assertive, excellent at problem solving, organized and capable of balancing time, passionate about creating a guest-focused environment, and have a desire to really go into store management.

Advice to Management

I think that there should be a specific site supervisor and daily goals should be made so that it isn't as though a store manager got a cashier for 10 weeks. Hours should definitely vary so that there is a chance to see business operations at ALL hours of the day. Training isn't the same for everyone. Some peole need things to be hands on, some need to just observe, and some need to sit in front of a computer. TRU needs to get their managers to understand that and then personalize the internship to that student.

Horrible

Eugene, OR | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience

Having to work on Saturdays doing Truck for CONSECUTIVE weeks. Also, Jeff Lines was not the best person to work with.

Research before realizing what are you getting into.

Advice to Management

Have a better structure of the internship program and perhaps expanding it to more than 10 weeks.