Intern at Toys "R" Us, Inc. Corporate Internship Program? Submit a Review

A learning experience that open the door to new opportunities

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and creating new relationships

Nothing, I have a fantastic experience.

Take advantage of the networking opportunities. Ask a lot of questions and stay motivated.

Advice to Management

I do not see anything wrong. Toys R Us has a very friendly atmosphere. I felt that it was a privilege to be paid and was done appropriately. Each manager abided by the summer hours rule.

Life Changing

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Love your job and you will never work a day in your life.

Wayne, NJ.

Even though you are focused in a particular department, you get a wholistic experience and cross-functional exposure that can be eye-opening to career choices.

Advice to Management

Visa sponsorship.

Meaningful, joyful and challenging internship

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The overall internship program is well organized with clear process and milestone.
The team members and other interns are very friendly and helpful.
The projects I worked on are well managed.

There is only very limited public transportation. It is difficult to get to office without a car.

Teamwork is essential to work in TRU. However, it's a big company that has a lot projects, so that it's not easy to see one's contribution to the company. Employees or interns should be patient.

I have gained the skills necessary to help me within my chosen field and studied and worked with talented designers who mentored me.

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best parts were getting the feel of a corporate environment and getting real work experience in my field.

The only downside was that it was too short.

My advice would be to not be afraid to ask questions and be open to learn new skills whenever possible.

Excellent

Pay friends program

Location in NJ

Great place but bad location

Learned how to use current trends to recommend new strategies

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great company culture, lots of networking opportunities, lots of responsibilities that were relevant to my academic studies

there was nothing negative about my internship

While the program is very structured with many activities planned for you, they provide the best networking opportunities I have seen with any of my previous 4 internships.

Advice to Management

uses some outdated business practices that prevent rapid growth

Successfully completed intern objectives with satisfactory results.

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed being able to work on real life projects that were able to impact the company in a positive way. I enjoyed the planned networking events, but also the networking I was able to do on my own within the company.

There was nothing I did not like, I had a great internship experience.

Need to be team player, but also work independently.

Tremendous experience with real world projects that truly impact the company. Ability to effect change at an entry level.

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspects of the internship were the corporate culture. The organization has a strong emphasis on the culture of the company and it truly lives up to the expectations. We are a company that works hard but we "play" hard too because at the end of the day we are a toy company. Another amazing aspect of the internship was that the projects that were assigned had real world implications and involved a lot of work but the outcome was tremendous to see as well as I felt a sense of accomplishment as I saw my projects enacted. The company also did a great job at involving senior management in the program and allowing the interns the opportunity to meet the executive team.

There was nothing that I disliked about the internship.

I would say to think outside the box when evaluating organizations for employment. I know as a college student, I did not always think of this organization as a potential employer because the university focused solely on accounting firms, financial institutions and banks as potential employers. Therefore, my organization wasn't always at the top of my list as potential places to build a career. Once i broadened my horizons (due to experiencing the culture at an investment bank), I determined that building a career in the investment banking world wasn't exactly what I wanted to do, I switched gears and found that this organization was less than an hour away and decided to reach out to the recruitment agency. I had an amazing internship and found that this is the right organization for me to build my career. I have had zero regrets with my decision and truly love what I do. So make sure that you open your mind to different opportunities and varying paths to a successful career because there are tons of opportunities at places that you wouldn't think!

Advice to Management

The organization does a fantastic job with training, diversity and recognizing talent. I have always felt that this company offers a fair work environment with equal opportunities for all. A potential opportunity for the company to become a better place to work would be to offer more employee events such as "picnics", "town halls", company lunches etc.

Brand Management Intern in the Soft Lines Department of Babies "R" Us

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were fantastic at teaching me and making me fee like I was a valuable part of the team.

It was difficult to find housing near the company and they didn't have too many resources for us.

It's a great place to work the company culture is very friendly and everyone is so helpful.

Amazing experience in PR and the corporate world with a fantastic company

- Great manager and team
- Exciting, fun projects
- First exposure to "corporate" world (or any business environment in general)
- Rewarding experience (in PR and elsewhere)
- Networking
- Learning

Few cons, sometimes felt as if I had to constantly ask for work, but was still never really dissatisfied

Toys"R"Us has a great internship program to learn about working in the real world. Retail provides a great environment to gain 360 degree knowledge about a business and all it's moving parts.