Intern at The Home Depot Internship Program? Submit a Review

Valuable, real world work experience

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to senior leadership. Intern panel discussions with various departments and executives. Real, applicable work that directly impacted the company.

There is a learning curve at first, as Home Depot has many acronyms and phrases.

I would recommend being comfortable with excel and critical / analytical thinking. Don't be afraid to have an opinion. They definitely are interested but know when is appropriate to express it.

Great Culture + Brilliant People + Valueable Projects = Best In Class Internship Experience

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very Strong Company Culture, Valuable Project Work, exposure to Executive Leadership Team.

lack of "work perks" ...not your silicon valley work perk/free snack/ping pong room atmosphere.

The company culture is very strong...in a good way. People LOVE working here. When you say you were for The Home Depot, people respond with, "Wow, I bet you're proud to work there." That's a damn good feeling.

Advice to Management

More modern office space.

Tell me a time that you were given problem with vague details, and were told to solve it?
Tell me about xyz project from your last internship?
Tell me what you would do if you were given a problem to solve and manage?

A rewarding experience filled with opportunities for growth, networking, experience and enjoyment

-Pay was Good
-Learned a lot
-Actual development was expected of me
-Professionals on hand with knowledge I lack
-Great networking opportunities with peers and executives
-Leisure opportunities offered to interns (paid events and paid for)

-My team was in a busy stage development-wise when I arrived

Try to get your hands on something to work with early. Beginning to work early sets a good pace and makes life overall more enjoyable (boredom is the enemy)

Advice to Management

Try to make sure interns are appropriately engaged/ touch base with frequency.
Have experts on hand to educate interns on project related topics?

Was asked to:

Reassemble a program via "cut out" lines of code. Must assemble in correct order to make logic flow appropriately.

Design a building (purpose: using guidelines and timeline set forth, organize and deliver requirements without losing focus or sight of required features first)

Meaning project and career development

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was the maturity and scope of the internship program, as well as the meaningfulness of the project.

While the project is meaningful and effective, I would've like to have worked on other small things throughout the internship to show other skills and learn more about the business outside the scope of my project.

It could be helpful to learn about the retail industry, as well as the products offered by Home Depot.

Advice to Management

It was a little difficult to navigate the waters of looking into starting positions that were outside of my department.

Name a time when you set a goal for yourself, and walk through how you achieved that goal.
Name a time when you experienced adversity and how you overcame it.

Culture eats strategy for breakfast

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

ELT Mentor Sessions, Culture, On-the-job exposure, etc.

Internship mentorship program wasn't enforced too much

Make sure you come fully prepared to learn, and just know that what you put into the program, is what you'll get out. It's your time to ask anyone in the company anything (in the context of business matters).

Advice to Management

More training in terms of honing technical skills.

Opportunity for growth

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to meet one on one with upper management.

While it is important to network It's hard to determine whether you're networking too much

Networking is extremely important.

Opportunity to work in a fun culture on a project I am passionate about with a team that I enjoyed working with and learned a lot from!

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to get the ball rolling on a project I am passionate about
Independence in that project - really got to own it
The willingness of others in THD to talk to you - even from different teams just to help you learn about it!

The independence / fast paced nature of the company can make guidance on the project difficult.

They are pretty upfront with you. It's an even better culture than they can explain in words, though! Just be willing to get in there and immerse yourself by getting to know your team and taking advantage of the amazing internship opportunities.

Advice to Management

N/A

Tell me about yourself, questions about your resume, strengths/weaknesses, why are you interested in HR, why THD, etc.

Culture eats strategy for breakfast

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

All employees at Home Depot live by the 8 values established for the company. Work can vary from great to bad depending on the task or the day but working with great team members really makes all the difference. Everyone I've met knows how to encourage each other, and I have yet to meet anyone at Home Depot who hasn't been the best mentor, co-worker, and leader.

Getting to know other interns is a bit hard.

The Home Depot has one of the best culture that I've experienced in an organization. The people are great and really live by the value. It is a very family oriented environment that you will enjoy as an intern getting your first experience working in a company. I personally am someone that likes a competitive environment so I would have liked something that was a bit more fast paced, but as my first internship, I think it was great to have exposure to real life experience where I can learn without the fear of making mistakes.

Great company using great data to do great work

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relevant, interesting, valuable work. Great company. Great team. Great leadership.

Mostly undergraduate interns. A lot of internship-wide programming was perhaps more interesting to them.

Home Depot is a large enough company that you can really do anything here. Great work life balance. If you're a self starter, you can really get things done here.

Great Experience, with even greater people.

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture, and satisfying work.

Corporate structure

I would have liked to have known more about the particular department I was working with.