Intern at Mattress Firm Sales Management Internship? Submit a Review

AMAZING COMPANY CULTURE!!!

Amazing training

wish we could work more than 40 hours a week

Start early and take in everything!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing the awesome things y'all are!

I am now a sleep expert with better sales and marketing skills

Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friends I made along the way, and being able to compete with other interns across the country

Walking guests

Be prepared to engage in role play and practice a lot. You cannot be shy

What sales experience do you have? Give three words to describe you.

My internship experience was simply amazing.

Houston, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was definitely the people.

The only thing that could be improved is to have interns train in different environments.

I am a fast learner and can to adapt to different situations quickly. I am always eager to learn new things and am always working hard towards being better than what I was the day before.

Best company to intern for.

learning experience, money, people

Long hours of doing nothing at most stores. Some stores do not see one person all day.

Be prepared to learn ALOT!!! it is a lot of fun and the experience you wont find anywhere else. Come prepared to sell and work every day because not ever day is the same as yesterday.

Advice to Management

I think the hours structure. It is a lot of time of sitting in a store with nothing to do and not seeing a customer all day long. Other than that everything was great,

I don't remember.

Florida State Seminole Experiences All-time Greatest Internship with Mattress Firm

Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of the company. Everyone was so welcoming and its very obvious that everyone enjoys their job here. Each day is easy going and associates are always super supportive and positive minded. I would have never expected to make so many friends!

There could be more relocation assistance provided for the students.

GO FOR IT!!!! There isn't any real way to explain the magic of this internship. Everyone says that they never expected to want to sell beds for a career and its so true. But just after 3 months I am convinced that this an opportunity I want to move forward with. Its not about selling beds, its about working for a company with great culture, where you can enjoy each day as it comes, and make good money.

Advice to Management

The compensation needs to re-evaluated. Our $3000 commission draw exceeds the amount of money we earn from hourly wages. Our commission bucket should be equal to hour hourly wage, just like how all other associates are paid. Since we are paid on commission we should also have the opportunity to work more than 40 hours. This limits how much time we have in store, and therefore our internship experience overall.

I can't remember any in particular. I did a lot of interviews.

GREAT experience, I learned so much this summer and everyone that I worked with was amazing!

Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people you work with, internship projects, sometimes getting 3 days off for the week if you reach the 40 hours

Working weekends, long days

If you have your doubts about this internship DON'T! This internship is a great experience. I thought I would just be selling mattresses and that it would be boring but it's not. You learn so much and you work with amazing people. You have the chance to make a lot of money because you earn hourly but you also earn commission.

Advice to Management

Housing assistance

Terrific training and sales experience

San Diego, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The training, the people, and the sales experience

Nothing, it was great and everyone was really helpful

It gives you amazing sales experience that you won't find in other internships.

The Most Fun Experience Working

-The structure

-How "fun" the company is as a whole

-Amazing pay

-Learn so much

-Self development

-Caring management

-Awesome Co-Workers

-Everybody is your friend and wants you to succeed

-Changing lives of your guests

-Many more Pros

Stepping out of my comfort zone, which isn't necessarily a "con".

Be ready to be taken out of your comfort zone, prepared to learn and grow as an individual, and bottom line, have fun!

Happy Summer Sale!

Houston, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of this internship was truly amazing. It was family oriented and we all cared for one another. When we first started being on the floor selling they would give us that push that we needed and really made us believe we were capable of so much. They congratulated us on our sales and gave us shout outs through email. They made this internship fly by and really enjoy it.

Sometimes the drive was so long. That was the one thing I didn't like so much, I wish the locations I was working at wouldn't have been so long.

Be a motivational leader with a positive attitude. You can't let one bad sell get to you. The next customer will be better. Be driven and excited when you sell. Once you make a sell you're going to want to sell more and more!

Advice to Management

The company is great. Their compensation is good and a 40 hour week is good. We all want to work 40 hours to earn more money.

They started by asking us to tell them about us. Most questions were behavioral style, with asking have you ever encountered a problem at work, with an employee. Tell us about a time you went through a hardship.

Welcome to Mattress Firm, where we sell sleep not beds.

The money and people.

Very long hours and the store got a little boring from time to time.

It was a ton of fun, great working environment and great people.