Intern at Mattress Firm Sales and Management Internship Program? Submit a Review

Best internship ever

the culture of Mattress Firm and selling beds

the hours, long 10 hour days

Must be able to talk and communicate with people

Training, Fun, and Growth. Come learn how to be a better you.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that we got paid, we learned how to fine tune our professional skills, gained confidence, got to meet and make long time connections.

Sometimes not enough help

Just be you and never be afraid to ask for help.

Best Company to Work For Hands Down

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Engaging, Fun, Encouraging Trainers, Company constantly gives back, Dedicated employees, Great compensation

Hours were long, Sometimes the stores are extremely slow, Working with one other person or less can get lonely

Keep and open mind, ask questions, learn as much as you can, get involved and after that, get MORE involved! Give back, spend a lot of time planning your community service event, go for the "Nos", always keep closing, never be discouraged, keep failing and learn from your mistakes.

Advice to Management

Hire people that are willing to make a difference to keep employee retention high.

Awesome company provides world class training for sales career.

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The training and events for interns were so much fun and so helpful in learning how to be a good sales person. The flexibility they had with allowing me to work where I wanted and the fun atmosphere where things don't get take too seriously was a huge plus.

I was not crazy about the long hours and the ups and downs of sales, where one day you can make a lot and the next day you make nothing.

This is an amazing company to work for, but you have to be prepared to handle the world of commissioned sales. You have to be able to be excited even on days when no one is walking in the door, and always maintain a good attitude.

Advice to Management

A better structure for hours would be good. Some of the stores I interacted with had half days, where one employee would open and another close on a weekday to lighten the amount of hours that each employee has to be there. That would be a good practice company wide as my store did not use that policy and each person would work over 50 hours per week.

Houston Interns sold over $700k to Happy Customers!

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training in my field while getting paid.

Networking with those in the corporate office.

All the opportunity the company has to offer.

Not enough females in the store, constant stares.

Felt out of place because many of the full time employees knew nothing about the internship program.

We are not only selling mattresses, we are learning how to problem solve, evaluate situations, communicate, and close deals.

Advice to Management

I would have really liked to see more women on the sales floor, those that I worked with did an amazing job.

2nd Family

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom and ability to find help peer-to-peer.

Feedback received later after already done.

Just make sure you fit the culture. Culture is a big factor.

Why should we hire you over anyone else?

Advice to Management

Diversity

Mattress Firm is a great place to get started in the world of sales with great training, easy to learn system, and fair pay structure

Company culture.

I struggled to get motivated about mattresses.

This is a great place to get started din the world of sales. They have an easy to learn system, moderately easy to learn products, good training program, and a fair pay structure.

Cannot remember

Advice to Management

Keep up the great company culture! I was a huge fan of all the hanging out that I was able to do, and training that I got with other people.

Work hard, play hard, earn your reward

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company culture and opportunity for growth

The hours are long and there can be a lot of downtime with little to do

Compensation is performance based, you control your pay. Culture is awesome, you'll love your coworkers and the way you're treated by the company.

What are you passionate about? What skills would allow you to excel in this position?

Advice to Management

Hours could be split a little better. Long days are tiring and time spent with family is decreased.

More than just mattress sales

Greensboro, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I gained a lot of practical skills, like communication and negotiation skills that I didn't expect to get out of it.

The hours are long and it's hard to get used to working every weekend and holiday.

The company is great and you will get a lot more out of it than just learning everything about mattresses. Just know that it will be a bit of a time committment, so I would plan on focusing on it as your main thing you do and don't try to balance it with other jobs or classes.

Advice to Management

I would like to see the hours reduced a little bit for interns or having a weekend off every few weeks. I would also like to see a little more time built in for all the interns to meet up together and work on projects.

An Amazing Retail Sales Experience

Greensboro, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There is no limit on what you can learn. If you want to learn about the help desk side of the corporation, you are able to get into contact with someone who works in that area. If you want to learn more about how the margins of sales works, you are able to openly ask your co-workers. It is a great environment to learn and grow in.

The long hours were probably the hardest part of the internship, but definitely worth it. I would honestly say in some interactions with co-workers it got a little uncomfortable because they would give me a really hard time about not drinking after work hours.

This is a great job and you have amazing opportunities to move up in the organization. On the flip side you have to be dedicated to what you are doing; it is long hours and you have to work holidays. If you are committed, your hard work will pay off.

Tell me about yourself.

What is a tough situation you have been in and how did you handle it?

Why are you interested in this job?

Advice to Management

I would suggest finding a different way to work hours. I found that if you are not careful, you can get burnt out extremely fast while working this job.