Lowe's Summer Intern Program (Corporate, Stores & Distribution)

4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 15 Intern Reviews)

The experience as Intern at Lowe's was one full of personal and professional development. They exceeded my expectations.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience as Intern at Lowe's was one full of personal and professional development. This experienced exceeded my expectations, beginning with the recruiters, that took the task of selected coworkers that make you feel like part of the team, and following with co-workers that allows you develop and grow professionally, in addition of considering and implementing your projects and ideas.

Don't apply.

You are your own limit ... if you have an idea that is going to provide good results with the corresponding analysis, don't be scare of scaling in order of them consider your ideas and analyze if is viable or not. Lowe's offers the confidence to implement your projects, giving interns a complete experience. Never stop improvements!

Advice to Management

N/A

My summer internship with Lowe's - the number one in customer and employee satisfaction.
Peoria, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture, the friendliness of the employees, the positive environment, the ability to exercise what I have been learning in school, and how well corporate treated the interns.

The lack of information at the beginning.

Lowe's invests great time and money into the interns personally and to their experience. This only proves how important they are to the company and their future plans with us our great. Lowe's is an amazing company with the best culture I have ever been a part of.

Advice to Management

Lowe's should spend equal amount of time in meetings with each employees, not just managers.

Great summer experience
Mooresville, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The college recruiting team was incredible, and thus all of the opportunities I had can be attributed to them. I had an opportunity to meet Lowe's CEO, learn more about how brands work, talk to several leaders in multiple departments, learn a lot, make many new friends, and make several memories.

I would have enjoyed some cross-functional responsibilities, I did not have that opportunity.

As a company that is nearly a Fortune 50 company, you can't expect certain things. My biggest advice is that if you want an internship where you get a nearly full view of how an individual company or organization works, it may be best to choose a smaller company. While Lowe's employees are very informative and approachable, you can't expect to see all of how the organization works in 10 weeks.

Enrichment through Challenge, Professional Growth, and Social Experiences
Mooresville, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The commitment of the college recruiting team to provide a "world" view of what Lowe's has to offer.

"Never Stop Improving" was fully embodied by nearly every employee I interacted with.

The projects we were provided had real impact to the business; failure would have created ripples. Further, the project based nature provided the opportunity to collaboarte across silos and experience new opportunities throughout the 10 weeks rather than doing the same things day in and day out.

The professional development meetings provided a lot of "general knowledge" that any experienced college student (junior +) should already know. Further, the presenter for those meetings was very dry, lacked enthusiasm, and seemed as if being there was a chore (the opposite of almost every other presenter).

Great hours, engaging projects, amazing social experience, good coffee (and variety!)

Never stop improving.
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to control what you learned as an intern. The flexibility of the 10 week schedule.

Would have liked some extra training. Have it be 12 weeks instead of 10.

If you like an upbeat environment to work in everyday then Lowe's is the place for you. Lowe's is full of motivated and hardworking individuals that make it unique from anything I've experienced.

Advice to Management

More training. Lots and lots of training. It was the biggest issue I saw in the store I worked in.

WIth Lowe's I can be as great as I want to be. Lowe's gives you all the tools and opportunities to go as far as you want to go.
Saint Louis, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a great mentor in St. Louis, MO and it was a great challenge for myself to see where I stood as far as a leader.

The schedule we were given at the beginning of the internship was a little vague and broad.

I really enjoyed my internship. It was a great test for me to see where I was as a leader and how I could use my people skills. The ever changing environment and constant challenges of the daily routine draw me to Lowe's. I like the fact that I can be as great as I aspire to be. Lowe's gives you all the tools and opportunities one needs to be great, and that excites me.

Advice to Management

I feel that the best thing management can do to be better is to become leaders and not just managers. I think that some managers struggle with how to speak to associates and give direction. Developing relationships is key to this and is another thing I feel managers could improve on.

I had no idea of what the job entailed until i came to corporate. I did some many great things.
Miami, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

presenting to top management.

the length of the modules.

ask questions and be open to learn

Advice to Management

have the managers keep in touch with the corporate staff for questions. I feel like the weekly agenda was very vague. I had to ask them to let me do things and perform ASM functions, which they were open too.

Wonderful experience that helped me grow and learn substantially in a short ten weeks

Guidance from mentor

The end of the internship dragged due to not being incorporated in any other operations toward the end

Wonderful guidance and learning experience

Exhilarating & Enticing
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The family feel of the Lowe's distribution network.

Certain costs that were not compensated for. IE: Laundry, Travel to and from work, etc. (For some field interns, the travel was significant enough to make a large impact in income)

Take the whole experience in, and give it your absolute best. The experience is only worth what you put into it, but if you put your all in... you will reap the benefits.

Skill development-focused projects and excellent mentorship/leadership partner to form a great work experience at Lowe's!
Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved my time with my director and VP. They were both very giving of their time and concious of the development of my skills and abilities. The work was challenging, but not such that it couldn't be managed. It was better than I had imagined.

The fact that housing was provided was great, but the specific place had some issues, such as abysmally slow internet and somewhat rowdy neighbors. My manager was harsh and needed to have her expectations managed, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

Aside from what's already been mentioned (wonderful family-friendly atmosphere, great team-matching between new workers and the group, and work that is both meaningful and challenging), I would say it's important to know that Lowe's isn't 'easy'. If you want a cushy corporate job, look elsewhere, because you'll have actual responsibilities with actual accountability.

Advice to Management

It'd be nice if HR wasn't so strict about the 40-hour/week limit imposition for interns. The policy effectively forces interns to choose between working longer to get things done (and getting dinged by management), not getting things done on time (and getting dinged by management), and working off the clock (and getting dinged by management).