L Brands Internship

4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 80 Intern Reviews)

Amazing experience which very well prepared me for the working world and the position I am in now. I felt very supported by my team leaders
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The support for the leaders and company and community of other interns

The internship in NYC had some duties that were very office based but I did not experience that at all during my second internship

If you prove yourseld dedicated and capable they will work to provide you an amazing, beneficial learning experience.

Advice to Management

N/A

Finance and Store Testing Intern takes on damage reporting and financial analysis with creative approach

Networking, Leadership, Accountability, Responsibility, Flexibility

Having to work 40 hours a week for the first time was challenging, but it was very good insight into the real world

Be creative, open minded, and willing to work hard

An unbelievable HR experience in a company that values its people, culture, and values
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to do a LOT of onboarding with different areas of the company. I learned a lot about the company as a whole, and was developed in my career by my supervisor

Even though I was told I did a phenomenal job, I was not given further opportunity in the company

Take the time to sit down and interview multiple areas of the company. Understanding what each department does is very helpful in career development. It also gives you a wide network of contacts for future endeavors.

Great People, Enjoyable Place to go to work!
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Managers/Supervisors were extremely helpful. Doing meaningful work that was implemented. Getting great management experience.

The hours can be tough if you are not ready for it. 6 am- 2:30 pm.

I can say nothing but great things about Limited Brands espically the MAST Global Logistics team. Everyone was extremely helpful towards me and willing to go out of their way to help teach me the operations of a DC. My only advice would be go into this internship looking to do impactful work because that is what you will be doing. The hours (6 am- 2:30 pm) take a little bit to get used to but after a week it is not too bad.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed my experience, I would have liked to seen more of the Brand, but looking back at my schedule I don't see how I would have time because I was busy throughout the day.

Opportunities Vastly Exceeded Expectations: Intern Discovers Career Insights, Desires, and Opportunities
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a plethora of opportunities to develop and enhance relationships throughout my internship.

The process for determining my future prospects could be more clear.

It is a tremendous company that provides opportunities you could never imagine. Whether you have a clear career path in mind or are still deciding, Limited Brands will give you opportunities to grow.

Advice to Management

For Limited Brands to become a better place to work for interns would be difficult. However, I do think a more clear process to full-time opportunities within the enterprise or a specific internship program geared toward students with advanced degrees rather than a general internship program would help the experience feel more tailored and make advanced degree candidates feel like they are clearly recognized for their capabilities during their internship.

As an Intern, I was acting as a starting level position in Merchandising.
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyday tasks and experiences that a starting level Merchant would go though.
Networking with othern.
Organized program that offered knowledge and expertise in other areas of the field.
Leadership presentations.
End of the Internship presentation to show what I learned.

I do not have any negatives

Passion and excitement for you job should be the most important decision factor before accepting a full time position.

Real Life Design Experience - The Perfect Internship
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My office. Everyone was so great to work with, and everyone got along so well! I also loved that my coworkers and supervisors were always more than willing to tak me to meetings and other presenttions so that I could just be there to listen and soak everything up!

Having to leave!

I really cannot think of anything negative. I worked in a very friendly and positive environment.

Advice to Management

I honestly loved my office; it's hard to think of something they could have done better.

Unique, challenging, and rewarding. Once in a lifetime experience.
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Sitting in Monday night meetings with the CEO and leadership of Victoria's Secret and the opportunity to travel overnight to our New York City office.

There is nothing I do not like. It can at times be very stressful and demanding, especially on Mondays, but retail is fast paced and that's what I loved about this industry and this job.

This is the best company to work for. The internship is so challenging and rewarding, and makes you work extremely hard. The pay is great and the work atmosphere is outstanding.

Advice to Management

The only thing some students might need is more training time. For merchandising interns you are expected to drive right in and catch on quickly.

The most rewarding summer internship experience I could dream of

The people I worked with

I loved every second of it- there was not one thing I did not like

Limited Brands has such an awesome internship program. They give you an amazing experience and it is truly up to you to make the most out of it. Take advantage of everything they offer you.

Advice to Management

I really have no complaints

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

The most ideal experience for those interested in retail.
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship included the culture of the company, the willingness of my team to teach me and make me the best/most knowledgable intern, the ability to network and the open communication.

The location.

If you are interested in retail and want to learn, grow, and thrive in one of the best environments with one of the best companies, Limited Brands is the right employer for you!

Advice to Management

More guidance with regard to housing would have been greatly appreciated!