Limited Brands Enterprise Summer Internship Program

Date: 2012

BEST PLACE TO WORK... PERIOD.

Exposure to leadership; Opportunities to go above and beyond my job description; Great company culture

Length of internship... way too short!

For any candidates out there considering Limited Brands, here are my food for thought: Limited Brands is a place where you can mold your internship-- which can be a good thing or a bad thing. The company does not hold your hand through every step of the internship but instead lays the responsibility for making the most out of the internship program on the interns. The opportunities for networking and professional development are numerous.. but an intern has to constantly be proactive to seek it out.

Advice to Management

I would love for the internship program to get a better exposure to the company's relationship with the community. If my department wasn't so closely linked with Community Relations, I would have never known know much Limited Brands give to support Columbus and NYC. I think the exposure would help solidify Limited Brands' reputation as a "best place to work"

Date: 2012

Rewarding internship with the opportunity to learn a lot and work in a fabulous environment

Corporate Culture, amount of responsibility given, exposure to upper management

I honestly have nothing negative to say about my experience

The company really cares about their employees and their quality of life. In my department, there were constant birthday parties and office politics seemed to have been at a minimum. The office is very young and everyone is extremely friendly

Date: 2012

As an Intern, I was acting as a starting level position in Merchandising.

Everyday tasks and experiences that a starting level Merchant would go though. Networking with othern. Organized program that offered knowledge and expertise in other areas of the field. Leadership presentations. End of the Internship presentation to show what I learned.

I do not have any negatives

Passion and excitement for you job should be the most important decision factor before accepting a full time position.

Date: 2012

Unique, challenging, and rewarding. Once in a lifetime experience.

Sitting in Monday night meetings with the CEO and leadership of Victoria's Secret and the opportunity to travel overnight to our New York City office.

There is nothing I do not like. It can at times be very stressful and demanding, especially on Mondays, but retail is fast paced and that's what I loved about this industry and this job.

This is the best company to work for. The internship is so challenging and rewarding, and makes you work extremely hard. The pay is great and the work atmosphere is outstanding.

Advice to Management

The only thing some students might need is more training time. For merchandising interns you are expected to drive right in and catch on quickly.

Date: 2012

The most ideal experience for those interested in retail.

The best aspects of my internship included the culture of the company, the willingness of my team to teach me and make me the best/most knowledgable intern, the ability to network and the open communication.

The location.

If you are interested in retail and want to learn, grow, and thrive in one of the best environments with one of the best companies, Limited Brands is the right employer for you!

Advice to Management

More guidance with regard to housing would have been greatly appreciated!

Date: 2012

Limited Brands shows great appreciation to their interns

All of the full time associates really show great appreciation to the work the interns do. They are not afraid to put trust into us to complete a task or assignment, and they always make sure they are available for you when you have questions/concerns. Working at Limited Brands has given me a much better perspective on what work will be like when I graduate and find a full time job. They have given me a chance to work on my own projects and help out on projects that are already underway. The company is very interested in the feedback we give and our insights on the projects we take part in.

The hardest part, when I started working for the technology department of Limited Brands, was adjusting to the language they used. Everyone seemed to be talking in acronyms and about systems I had never even heard of. It was hard to adjust to for the first few weeks.

Never be afraid to ask questions. When there is something you don't understand, write it down and ask your manager while the context of it is still fresh in your mind. They will never push you away because they are too busy or don't want to take the time to explain something. They are there to help you learn, and at first it is a little nerve racking to ask a million questions, especially if it is your first internship, but they understand. Most everyone has been in your position before so they really appreciate when you are curious about the different projects and culture of Limited Brands.

Date: 2012

Learning the aspects of apparel merchandising as it relates to the success of the business

The opportunity to meet other departments, the trip to New York, working in Victoria's Secret Lingerie

The other interns (coming from the same school became clicky), and made it a bit frustrating to work with.

Dont be afraid to be curious and ask questions!!

Advice to Management

Delegate interns from all different schools that way it eliminates cliques but it really is a great work environment otherwise

Date: 2012

a challenge and an enrichment

learning a lot about the fashion industry and merchandising

A few of the interns I has worked with were not very welcoming.

be prepared, well organized, outgoing

Real Life Design Experience - The Perfect Internship

My office. Everyone was so great to work with, and everyone got along so well! I also loved that my coworkers and supervisors were always more than willing to tak me to meetings and other presenttions so that I could just be there to listen and soak everything up!

Having to leave!

I really cannot think of anything negative. I worked in a very friendly and positive environment.

Advice to Management

I honestly loved my office; it's hard to think of something they could have done better.

Date: 2012

Great internship experience that not only allows you to stand out in your area of business but also allows you to lead.

Being able to communicate with leaders in the business as well as working with people of all ages, cultures, and different belliefs.

The early hours I had to work.

This is an internship that forces you to take the initiative. You aren't treated as an intern, you are treated just like any other associate.