L Brands Internship

Great internship experience that not only allows you to stand out in your area of business but also allows you to lead.
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to communicate with leaders in the business as well as working with people of all ages, cultures, and different belliefs.

The early hours I had to work.

This is an internship that forces you to take the initiative. You aren't treated as an intern, you are treated just like any other associate.

Real Life Design Experience - The Perfect Internship
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My office. Everyone was so great to work with, and everyone got along so well! I also loved that my coworkers and supervisors were always more than willing to tak me to meetings and other presenttions so that I could just be there to listen and soak everything up!

Having to leave!

I really cannot think of anything negative. I worked in a very friendly and positive environment.

Advice to Management

I honestly loved my office; it's hard to think of something they could have done better.

Finance and Store Testing Intern takes on damage reporting and financial analysis with creative approach

Networking, Leadership, Accountability, Responsibility, Flexibility

Having to work 40 hours a week for the first time was challenging, but it was very good insight into the real world

Be creative, open minded, and willing to work hard

An unbelievable HR experience in a company that values its people, culture, and values
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to do a LOT of onboarding with different areas of the company. I learned a lot about the company as a whole, and was developed in my career by my supervisor

Even though I was told I did a phenomenal job, I was not given further opportunity in the company

Take the time to sit down and interview multiple areas of the company. Understanding what each department does is very helpful in career development. It also gives you a wide network of contacts for future endeavors.

Learning to be all you can be, not only in the work place but also in the community.
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the community involvement, the company involvement, the company atmosphere, the acceptance of interns (not just go get coffee or make copies)

the participation for some of the events was not 100%, which can't be controlled always but I really didn't get to interact with other interns in other departments

Make sure your values align with the values of any company you chose to work for. If work life balance is what you require make sure that's an option with the company.

Advice to Management

I loved working for Limited Brands, there isn't specific advice I have right now to give management

BEST PLACE TO WORK... PERIOD.
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to leadership; Opportunities to go above and beyond my job description; Great company culture

Length of internship... way too short!

For any candidates out there considering Limited Brands, here are my food for thought: Limited Brands is a place where you can mold your internship-- which can be a good thing or a bad thing. The company does not hold your hand through every step of the internship but instead lays the responsibility for making the most out of the internship program on the interns. The opportunities for networking and professional development are numerous.. but an intern has to constantly be proactive to seek it out.

Advice to Management

I would love for the internship program to get a better exposure to the company's relationship with the community. If my department wasn't so closely linked with Community Relations, I would have never known know much Limited Brands give to support Columbus and NYC. I think the exposure would help solidify Limited Brands' reputation as a "best place to work"

Learning the aspects of apparel merchandising as it relates to the success of the business
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to meet other departments, the trip to New York, working in Victoria's Secret Lingerie

The other interns (coming from the same school became clicky), and made it a bit frustrating to work with.

Dont be afraid to be curious and ask questions!!

Advice to Management

Delegate interns from all different schools that way it eliminates cliques but it really is a great work environment otherwise

As an Intern, I was acting as a starting level position in Merchandising.
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyday tasks and experiences that a starting level Merchant would go though.
Networking with othern.
Organized program that offered knowledge and expertise in other areas of the field.
Leadership presentations.
End of the Internship presentation to show what I learned.

I do not have any negatives

Passion and excitement for you job should be the most important decision factor before accepting a full time position.

Opportunities Vastly Exceeded Expectations: Intern Discovers Career Insights, Desires, and Opportunities
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a plethora of opportunities to develop and enhance relationships throughout my internship.

The process for determining my future prospects could be more clear.

It is a tremendous company that provides opportunities you could never imagine. Whether you have a clear career path in mind or are still deciding, Limited Brands will give you opportunities to grow.

Advice to Management

For Limited Brands to become a better place to work for interns would be difficult. However, I do think a more clear process to full-time opportunities within the enterprise or a specific internship program geared toward students with advanced degrees rather than a general internship program would help the experience feel more tailored and make advanced degree candidates feel like they are clearly recognized for their capabilities during their internship.

Great opportunity to gain real world experience at a company that really cares about its associates.
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, co-workers, prestige of company.

Separation of interns.

Company that really cares!