L Brands Internship

Date: 2012

Unique, challenging, and rewarding. Once in a lifetime experience.

Sitting in Monday night meetings with the CEO and leadership of Victoria's Secret and the opportunity to travel overnight to our New York City office.

There is nothing I do not like. It can at times be very stressful and demanding, especially on Mondays, but retail is fast paced and that's what I loved about this industry and this job.

This is the best company to work for. The internship is so challenging and rewarding, and makes you work extremely hard. The pay is great and the work atmosphere is outstanding.

Advice to Management

The only thing some students might need is more training time. For merchandising interns you are expected to drive right in and catch on quickly.

Date: 2012

The most ideal experience for those interested in retail.

The best aspects of my internship included the culture of the company, the willingness of my team to teach me and make me the best/most knowledgable intern, the ability to network and the open communication.

The location.

If you are interested in retail and want to learn, grow, and thrive in one of the best environments with one of the best companies, Limited Brands is the right employer for you!

Advice to Management

More guidance with regard to housing would have been greatly appreciated!

Date: 2012

a challenge and an enrichment

learning a lot about the fashion industry and merchandising

A few of the interns I has worked with were not very welcoming.

be prepared, well organized, outgoing

Date: 2012

As an Intern, I was acting as a starting level position in Merchandising.

Everyday tasks and experiences that a starting level Merchant would go though. Networking with othern. Organized program that offered knowledge and expertise in other areas of the field. Leadership presentations. End of the Internship presentation to show what I learned.

I do not have any negatives

Passion and excitement for you job should be the most important decision factor before accepting a full time position.

Date: 2012

Finance and Store Testing Intern takes on damage reporting and financial analysis with creative approach

Networking, Leadership, Accountability, Responsibility, Flexibility

Having to work 40 hours a week for the first time was challenging, but it was very good insight into the real world

Be creative, open minded, and willing to work hard

Real Life Design Experience - The Perfect Internship

My office. Everyone was so great to work with, and everyone got along so well! I also loved that my coworkers and supervisors were always more than willing to tak me to meetings and other presenttions so that I could just be there to listen and soak everything up!

Having to leave!

I really cannot think of anything negative. I worked in a very friendly and positive environment.

Advice to Management

I honestly loved my office; it's hard to think of something they could have done better.

Date: 2012

The most rewarding summer internship experience I could dream of

The people I worked with

I loved every second of it- there was not one thing I did not like

Limited Brands has such an awesome internship program. They give you an amazing experience and it is truly up to you to make the most out of it. Take advantage of everything they offer you.

Advice to Management

I really have no complaints

Date: 2012

An unbelievable HR experience in a company that values its people, culture, and values

I was able to do a LOT of onboarding with different areas of the company. I learned a lot about the company as a whole, and was developed in my career by my supervisor

Even though I was told I did a phenomenal job, I was not given further opportunity in the company

Take the time to sit down and interview multiple areas of the company. Understanding what each department does is very helpful in career development. It also gives you a wide network of contacts for future endeavors.

Date: 2012

Great internship experience that not only allows you to stand out in your area of business but also allows you to lead.

Being able to communicate with leaders in the business as well as working with people of all ages, cultures, and different belliefs.

The early hours I had to work.

This is an internship that forces you to take the initiative. You aren't treated as an intern, you are treated just like any other associate.

Date: 2012

Opportunities Vastly Exceeded Expectations: Intern Discovers Career Insights, Desires, and Opportunities

I had a plethora of opportunities to develop and enhance relationships throughout my internship.

The process for determining my future prospects could be more clear.

It is a tremendous company that provides opportunities you could never imagine. Whether you have a clear career path in mind or are still deciding, Limited Brands will give you opportunities to grow.

Advice to Management

For Limited Brands to become a better place to work for interns would be difficult. However, I do think a more clear process to full-time opportunities within the enterprise or a specific internship program geared toward students with advanced degrees rather than a general internship program would help the experience feel more tailored and make advanced degree candidates feel like they are clearly recognized for their capabilities during their internship.