Intern at Kohl's Department Stores Internship Program ? Submit a Review

I was shown what it's like to be a full time associate and gained vision on multiple departments that gave me a better perception.

Visibility
Culture
Future
My Team

The size was slightly overwhelming.

Ask as many questions as you can, and understand that no question is a silly one.

Advice to Management

I think the work should be consistent throughout intern to intern. I felt like the work I was working on was significantly different than the work another intern was working on.

The questions were more personality questions rather than technical questions:
1) Tell me about a time when you were asked to train someone and they ended up failing - How did you handle that situation?
2) Tell me about a time when you encountered a problem with a project you were working on and how you overcame it?

Having fun while working!

Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

My team, the other interns, intern events

The bus system

I think Kohl's is a wonderful place to work, it's in a nice area, there are a lot of opportunities for rotations and progressing in your role, and the people are down to earth and amazing to be around

Work hard, play hard

Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work on something that actually will benefits the company.
Being able to present to the SVP and CFO
Being payed
The culture at Kohl's
Meet and Greets with people all over the company

My manager wasn't always the easiest to talk to and I found it hard to ask questions at certain times
Looking at excel all day was a little mentally draining as well (but something you get used to)

Have an open mind when coming into this.
It is hard work and might seem like tedious tasks at first, but you definitely learn how important and essential these skills are.
Talk with anybody you see and put yourself out there

Advice to Management

Managers should be welcoming and patient with the interns -- have some fluff to their personality

What is the most important piece about NPV?
If we were to open up an eFC, what are the steps you would take to figure out where to place one?
Who are our competitors?

Kohl's IT Internship is the best in the Midwest

Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free housing, free transportation to work everyday, several intern events, focus on innovation through a summer-long intern project with other interns, focus on networking within the organization, focus on education through weekly training session, exposure to chief executives through Executive Speaker Series, real IT experience on teams through valuable project assignments, invested UR and HR reps, several mentors provided along the way

I loved everything about the internship

Do not dismiss Kohl's as a reputable IT internship just because it is a retail company. It was one of the most valuable experiences I have had in college.

Many behavioral questions, but very typical ones like "explain a time where you didn't meet a deadline" or "tell me about a time you struggled to work with a group"

I had a great experience as a Kohl's intern. I had a lot of exposure to many areas within the company but also understand the entry role.

Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having office time in order to dig deeper into the business and understand my role as an analyst.

We were given Chromebooks, which did not support Excel. It was very difficult to work on projects and daily tasks without easy access to this program.

When talking with friends who have internships with similar retailers, I believe my experience at Kohl's really stands out in a positive way. I looked forward to coming to my internship each day and feel prepared to come into the entry-level role after college if I were given an offer. The University Relations team at Kohl's does a great job about communicating important information to the interns, and they really want to make sure that you have an awesome experience--both in the office and around the city.

Why Kohls?

Give an example of a time in which you disagreed with a group member when working on a project. How did you work through it?

Give me an example of a time in which you disagreed with your supervisor.

What would you do if you sent flip flops to a Wisconsin store in the summer instead of a Florida store?

Amazing Culture, Hard-Working Teams, Career Development

Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the ability to see and interact with all the different cross functional partners of the buying office, especially being in ecommerce. Also, the ability to apply the knowledge you have been learning throughout the internship is tremendous.

What I liked least about the internship was the fact that it was not as omni-channel focused as I thought it would be. I was on the ecommerce side--which i loved--but if I come back I am going to need knowledge of both platforms.

I think that Kohl's is an amazing opportunity to figure out what you want to do and what you don't want to do. There are so many different types of internships and time to explore other departments within your internship, that you will ultimately find your career path if you are passionate about retail.

Advice to Management

I think Kohl's overall offers a ton of perks and a reasonable compensation for internships and entry-level positions.

An Amazing Summer Internship Program at Kohl's

Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentoring, opportunities, great team, Kohl's cutlure

Not Applicable

Kohl's offers a welcoming and engaging environment that allows interns to obtain many experiences and explore diverse opportunities.

Advice to Management

N/A

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Educational, great introduction to the corporate life

San Jose, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, very helpful and knowledgable.

Lack of communication between researchers and designers

If you do your job everything will be cool.

Real Life Experience

Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great Teams and lots of learning opportunities

Not Applicable, everything was great

Great Learning atmosphere with helpful teams. You become a key part of the team.

Best Experience Ever

Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was doing real everyday work.

The distance.

Ask questions, make connections, and ensure you are a fit for the company culture.

Advice to Management

Diversity

They were all behavioral based, "Tell me about a time when...."