Intern at Kohl's Department Stores Internship Program ? Submit a Review

Fast paced and inspiring summer progam

Milwaukee, WI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting a global exposure to various management positions within the company and getting to help with various projects

Only 8 weeks long

I advise all people interested in retail to apply! It was a great experience, the amount of information you learn in a short period of time is great. Fun too!

Hands on, real life experience guarenteed--Love your life and your work, get a great job!

Milwaukee, WI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Awesome perks--concert tickets, great pay, housing. You get to live in an incrdible city where there is always something fun to do. You make great friends with other interns.
Full time associates at Kohl's are young, enthusiastic, and LOVE their job. You will learn a ton if you put the time in and the chances are very high that you will be offered a full time posistion. You are an important part of your team and your work truly matters and is taken into consideration. There is almost no line between intern and associate at Kohl's.

HR is a little unorganized, a lot of information was not recieved until the last minute. There is a huge disconnect bewtween associates and HR.

In the retail world, this internship goes above and beyond in compensation and making sure that your work is important. They want to make sure that they make the most of your time as they have put a lot of resources into recruiting and having you as an intern.

Advice to Management

Communication between HR and intern managers.

Discuss your portfolio.
Describe a time where you have to work with a dealine/reach a goal.
Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.
Why Kohl's?
Why you?

Amazing opportunity to network and gain experience in the retail industry

Milwaukee, WI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Projects, exposure to upper management, themes of the week, free housing, great pay, welcoming offices,

Some of the classes should have been arranged differently throughout the internship.

Kohl's is an amazing company. They have a great company culture and do everything they can to make you feel welcomed. I learned much more than I thought I would through my internship and I loved every minute of it.

An example of a time when you used analytical skills to evaluate numbers.

Characteristics of your mentor.

One of your hobbies and why you like it so much.

Something you have done that you are most proud of and why?

10 Week Trial Run

Milwaukee, WI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free housing and transportation, many intern activities, good pay, a lot of actual work, working with great people, the other interns in my department/friendships made, my team was great, company culture.

- Felt like a 10-week interview and you had no idea if you would get an offer.

- Take advantage of all the company has to offer some of the greatest perks are things you need to go out of your way to take advantage of (working out with Shaun T!!) Get to know as many people as you can and learn about different roles in the company because there is a lot of internal movement, so you don't necessarily need to stay in the role you start in.

Why Kohl's?

Kohl's creates best internship ever

Milwaukee, WI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects was the Kohl's Executive Speaker Series where the interns were able to listen to the Executive leaders of Kohl's such as Kevin Mansell speak. It was amazing to be provided with the opportunity to listen to these influential people and I learned so much from it. Another aspect that I really liked was how well they treat their employees. They really went above and beyond to make sure their employees know they are valued. This was through things like Cookie Thursday or tickets to Summerfest.

I did not like how little time we had after the internship to give our answer about whether we would be returning full-time or not.

When you are at corporate pay attention to how the employees interact with each other, and not just the University Relations employees. See if the culture is one that you like and could see yourself working in because you will spend a lot of your time there.

Best retail internship in America.

Milwaukee, WI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved how fully I was able to immerse myself in my role. I learned so much from my team and from the training they gave us. I also loved living in downtown Milwaukee and the paid housing didn't hurt as well. It was also wonderful to have my boss and to have a mentor. I always had someone to ask if I had questions.

My school did not recruit for any other position.

Kohl's is a wonderful organization with so much room for personal and professional growth. I feel so fortunate I was able to spend my summer working at corporate because I learned so much and grew so much personally. I am now confident I want my career to be in a retail buying office because I had this internship.

Best Internship in the Retail Industry

Milwaukee, WI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The exposure you get to management, and how much freedom you have to learn.

Being paired with another intern.

Be yourself.

A Rewarding Professional Experience

Nashville, TN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on training, exposure to upper-division management, being an active part of the management team

Worksheets that accompanied computer based training videos

Kohl's is a company that values its employees, and their development. Go for it, you will enjoy the experience from beginning to end.

Advice to Management

It would be better if there was another way for interns to apply the knowledge learned from computer based training videos besides completing worksheets.

What makes you right for Kohl's? What do you know about Kohl's?

Best Internship Experience for a College Student

-corporate culture
-employees
-mentoring/coaching
-intern experience outside the office
-engaging workplace

Honestly, nothing comes to mind.

Everyone is incredibly welcoming and determined to make sure you succeed!

Advice to Management

I would cater training more specifically to our actual internship. A few of the training classes didn't apply to what I was doing.

-How are you analytical?
-Why Kohl's?
-Why retail?
-Why should Kohl's go international?
-Should Kohl's expand their baby department?

REAL life experiences in a corporate company.

Milwaukee, WI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to participate in what the rest of my experience team does. The opportunities and welcoming activities from my team made the transition less overwhelming.

My team's work load was a little slow so therefore my work was slow but when I did do design work it was awesome!

Great business to have on your resume, real life experience, and a real understanding of what corporate is like.

Advice to Management

More training? Kinda left hanging after all the internship orientation.

We talked and showed my design work and portfolio, school, current/past classes, talked about myself, and interests/hobbies. It was pretty casual but I liked that because when I worked with him during my internship he was the same, no surprises.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.