Intern at CVS Health Corporate Intern Program? Submit a Review

Path to a Better Career

Providence, RI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people. I loved the team I worked with and the culture

People were very busy and I kept very busy. I wish I could have spread out my tasks a little more.

Best company every. Their mission and values shine through during every work day.

Exceptional Intern Experience Helps Guide Career

Scottsdale, AZ | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to many people including VPs, a few paid vacation days, welcome gifts, the people I shadowed, flexibility in schedule.

I can't think of a single dislike.

CVS Health's intern program will allow one to explore not only experience in the respective position, but allows you to shadow elsewhere to learn which positions you enjoy best. The people at CVS Health will make you want to return after your graduation. I always tell people that I would be shocked if there is a better internship program anywhere else in the US.

Advice to Management

The only thing I can think of is a more organized way of getting access to all the different programs and websites we use. It took many weeks to have full access to all the sites/programs I need to fully execute my job.

What makes you interested in a career/internship in the Healthcare business?

An introduction to a healthcare leader in the US from a corporate perspective

-Colleagues were very friendly

-Opportunity to network and meet people from different areas of the business

-Opportunity to work on meaningful project with lasting implications for the company

-There was nothing bad about this internship, if I am being honest

-Use opportunities to branch out of just your department, and go and meet people in different areas through networking events and through friends and other colleagues

-Make the most of your time, try to leave a meaningful legacy at the company

Advice to Management

-Perhaps organize a few more intern events, most of our events were intern-organized

Internal Audit Interns Maximize Efficiency and Accuracy in the Workplace at CVS Health Chicago

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part was that I worked with the department vs. for the department. My tasks included the same projects that full-time employees were working on and my work was valued as such, even as an intern. This was a unique experience to be given the same responsibility and independence as a full-time employee to really be able to experience what working here was like.

The location of the office being outside of the city was something that was hard for me simply becuase of the commute. I think that this internship program is relatively new as well, so there is potential for more organization and utilization of interns in the Chicago area office.

The best part of the experience was the combonation of the importance of the work you do and the people that you work with. The department I worked with were all very lively and passionate people that were dedicated to accurate and meaningful work.

Advice to Management

I think that expansion in the Chicago area would be an asset to the company since many locations are in far suburb areas of big cities. Another improvement could be with the in-office benefits like coffee and food availability.

Tell me about a time where you had to resolve a conflict with a superior.

Walk me through your resume and highlight what you think is most important and applicable to this job.

If you were the leader of a group in charge of making a decision, but everyone else in the group disagreed with your choice, how would you handle that?

You will grow and learn to be successful.

Scottsdale, AZ | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, work that was completed, company, outside work activities

I liked everything

Be confident and speak your mind. If you do both then you will grow and succeed.

Advice to Management

none

Why do you want to work for CVS?

Consistently completing meaningful and challenging work

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Always being assigned meaningful and impactful projects to complete. Always being able to receive help when needed. Extremely welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Collaboration is crucial and engrained in the culture of CVS Health. Was able to meet with and talk to many different people around the corporation including SVP's and the CEO.

I cannot recall any aspect of the internship program that I did not like.

This internship program will definitely prepare you for after graduation when you are ready to enter the workforce. If you are able to handle a fast-paced program which emphasizes collaboration and accountability then this program would be a perfect fit.

The interview process consisted of two 30 minute phone interviews and a 2 hour in-person interview. The 2 hour in-person interview was broken up into four 30 minute interviews, each with a different person. The style of each interview varied greatly. One interview was based around analyzing charts and graphs while some others were more informational and focused on behavioral questions.

Fun, exciting and challenging with supportive and motivative collegues.

Providence, RI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I was working with, abbility to network with the larger corporation, work I was doing

Location of the office is not ideal, but you can make it work from Providence or Boston.

The organization cares about the employees and spend a lot of time training the employees in order to focus on the customer and ensure the customer is the focus of all the new products.

Why healthcare?

CVS Health gives interns the opportunity to make an impact on the enterprise and help put people on their path to better health.

Providence, RI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The orientation program, the company culture, experiencing colleagues' true dedication to the company mission, work feedback delivered with respect, and being able to complete projects that are making real improvements to my department.

There have not been any aspects of the internship that I have disliked.

I would advise a potential employer to get a good understanding of the company mission as it can be implemented throughout all areas of the enterprise and inspire hard work. I would also say to try and meet as many employees as possible, especially outside of the department you are interested in working, because you may find there are other departments that you could see yourself working in for a potential career.

Advice to Management

All experiences have been very positive and I do not have any suggestions for change.

CVS Health Corporate Intern Program: Giving the Necessary Experience to be the Future Leaders

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meaningful work, welcoming atmosphere, multi-departmental experiences

limited time period

Come here willing to meet as many people as possible and learn a lot about the company

Advice to Management

Provide better compensation and value part-time retail employees

Name an example of a project you had related to analytics.

Name a situation where you failed, and how did you handle it?

An incubator for personal and professional development

Providence, RI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to interact with the other interns and feel as though you were taken care of and weren't alone in the process. This also opened up my eyes to the size and diversity of the organization as whole since we were able to talk about the departments and projects the other interns worked on.

From my understanding there were some changes to the orientation at the start of the internship this year, but last year's orientation was only a few hours and could have been a bit more engaging and exciting to lay a good platform for the summer ahead.

CVS Health is overall a great company, there are a lot of differences between departments in terms of policies and although we share one common company culture, each department has their own culture meaning that if you don't find yourself loving it in one department, there may be a department somewhere else in the company that you find yourself better suited for.

Advice to Management

More flexible hours and PTO to allow for a better work life balance and better health insurance would be two of the biggest issues at CVS in my opinion. Although I will be on my parents' health insurance until I'm 26, the way the employees talk about the health insurance turns me off to it very much.

Tell me about yourself.

Why did you choose the college you attend?

What do you do to manage your time?

Talk about the projects you compeleted at school (these should be on your resume).

What interested you in CVS?