Intern at CVS Health Corporate Intern Program? Submit a Review

One of my best life experience

Plano, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

They teach you many things and give you opportunity to explore yourself in multiple fields.

I wish the duration was longer. Full Summer. Instead of 10 weeks, full 16 weeks.

They treat you as if you are their employee since long time starting from the vary first day. They trust you with everything. I initially thought I will be shadowing somebody throughout the internship but they give you project and guide you, rest is up to your convenience level. That is the best part. You are free to explore and present your idea. You are free to explore yourself.

What are the projects you have worked on you school and how did you achieve the goal?

IT - Application Development Intern

Pittsburgh, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed how much I was able to learn about how the company works and gain perspective on my own career growth. I was able to meet with tons of people who were all open to sharing their opinions and advice with me. Since I am a soon to be graduate, this insight to the beginning of everyone's career paths and ability to ask them several questions was very valuable to me. I was not here to learn specific technical skills, I was here to learn about what comes after college and how to set myself up for a productive and successful career. I believe that I was able to do this sufficiently over the course of this internship and am very thankful.

I was sort of upset about how unstructured my tenure here was. I understand that it is all about timing and projects change or get canceled all the time, but I felt like I was being unused or having to busy myself most of the time. If anything else, I don't think an intern should have to actively "look" for work to do.

I think the most important thing to know when applying and interviewing for an internship is being open-minded. Most companies do not expect you to be an expert and actually want to help you learn and grow. It is less about what specific technical skills you know (granted you should know some basics for the position you are applying to) and more about the attitude you take into program. If you go into it looking to learn and challenge yourself then you will succeed.

Advice to Management

I know that timing is difficult and interns are a toss-up on how they will actually be in a professional sense, but I think that with a little planning I could have been given a better project to work on while I was here. I think compensation was fair, hours were flexible, and expectations were a little low.

Tell me about a project you worked on where you had to overcome a difficult situation. Tell me about your experiences with this technology. How would you go about finding a solution to a pressing business problem.

Great Learing experiance, Great Company, Great People

Providence, RI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship events in providence and Boston were so much fun and very informative.

There was a intern networking session that would have been excellent but unfortunately it was held outside on a very sunny hot day and while wearing full dress clothes it was too hot and humid to be outside mid day.

I actually got a lot of information about the position and group during my interviews so I felt like I have a good understanding and this has been pretty much what I expected in the best way.

Most valuable professional experience to date with plenty of networking opportunities and great top-level exposure

Providence, RI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Project guidance was plentiful; opportunities to network across departments; corporate culture and open nature of staff/colleagues

Lack of mentorship; limited amount of intern social events; lack of mid-term assessment/feedback

First and foremost, if you have the chance to interview, as with any opportunity, keep an open mind about your career possibilities. There are many potential career paths at CVS, and if you stay for an extended period of time, it is unlikely that you’ll reside in the same department, or even same function. Many long-term colleagues with whom I have spoken in my department alone worked in a number of other departments and roles before they arrived where they are today. Definitely have a solid idea of your short and long-term goals, but be open to learning about other departments, functions, and the backgrounds of the individuals in roles outside of those to which you apply. They may have worked in your role of interest at some point in time.

Advice to Management

More structure around mid-term reviews

cannot recall

Interesting

Scottsdale, AZ | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were the best

Uncertainty in full time offer

Prepare to take a deep dive into data analysis

Advice to Management

Diversity and volunteerism

IT Tour of CVS

Pittsburgh, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got a good overall idea of how the IT department works at CVS, I got good experience of how businesses run, and I made some good networking connections.

The projects were either too long to the point we didn't get to see them to completion, or they didn't have a clear end point to where they just fizzled out.

I feel like overall, the organization is relatively well organized. There are some issues, but I feel like they can be expected with an organization this large. The issues really just include getting certain clerical things done in a orderly time frame. It took quite a while for some of my information to be processed and it stopped me from being able to work on things for about 1-2 weeks. Otherwise my specific was really well run.

Advice to Management

There weren't really any issues here, other than from specifically an intern perspective, maybe just have a project(s) lined up that better suits the timeline that the intern will be here.

Just basically what programming languages was I familiar with, would I be willing to learn more languages, those type of questions. I don't really recall that was 3 months ago...

Learned a lot about a side of healthcare I wasn't familiar with and was pushed to network with a lot of interesting people

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to meet great people, getting experience in a larger company, and learning about the PBM side of the business

There were times that I didn't have enough work to do for the week.

I think the interviews that I had with my team were very helpful. I would recommend asking your interviewees about their day to day activities so give you a sense of what will be coming your way.

Advice to Management

I think the very first day of the internship could have been more interesting. There were several groups that probably didn't need to speak.

I didn't have a case question. I was asked more about my experiences in certain situations.

Front Store Data Analytics intern

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

exposure to the company, hands on working, real life fast pace, always learning

Woonsocket location

Network as much as possible, work as hard as you can, ask questions

Advice to Management

opportunity to extend internships till the end of the summer

where do you see yourself in 5 years
why do you want to work at cvs?
if you could change anything in the CVS stores what would it be?

Developed important technical and qualitative skills while building meaningful work relationships

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Felt very supported by my manager, my buddy/mentor and the department I was part of at large

I wish I had completed a more thorough/intense project

Providing more in depth context as to what side of CVS the intern would be on--i.e. Retail, Pharmacy, PBM and what it would mean to work in that realm

Incredible opportunity to learn and grow through diversified work assignments

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diversified work assignments provided a great opportunity to learn and grow.

Not applicable.

When assessing potential internship opportunities as a law student, consider looking for a summer experience at CVS Health. This experience has provided a great opportunity to learn and grow through substantive work and real world experiences.

Advice to Management

Not Applicable.

e.g., How has your prior work experience informed your interest to work in-house at a company like CVS Health?