CVS Caremark Corporate Intern Program

Wonderful learning experience that took me closer to to my goals and interests
Irving, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Structured, High quality, Mentoring program, Work culture, Team work, CVS Caremark.

The duration of the internship was short

The canditate should look in for the learning oppurtunities associated with the internship and how well is it related to their academic principles.

Most amazing summer of my life!
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I had the opportunity to work with.

I wish I could use it for school credit.

Try to learn as much as possible and meet as many people as possible. The internship will fly by.

Creative team developing new healthcare strategies with the resources of a Fortune 13 company
Providence, RI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real-life, meaningful project that could be completed within the 10-week timeframe of the internship

Distance from Boston

CVS is a company willing to be on the cutting edge of the healthcare space. The people at CVS are friendly, easy to work with, and enthusiastic about the company.

Advice to Management

More available office space for group work

Great company, good leaders, excellent experience
Scottsdale, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Well developed program that gave interns insights to the company, exposure to its senior leaders, and compensated very well

Had hoped that the end of internship job/position offer portion of the program was more mature/developed...the program was recently revamped and there are plans to make the follow-on employment offers more substantive; good news for future interns

Great company to intern with, excellent follow-on opportunities

Advice to Management

Ensure participating managers/directors buy into the internship program to give interns meaningful projects and duties

A great Learning Experience
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The projects that I worked on or currently I am working on have helped me in gaining a better understanding of the business and is challenging.

Internship orientation didn't provide an overview of the program. Setting up a desktop took almost a week which was a bit frustrating.

To come to this internship program with an open mind and a desire to learn. If you haven't been assigned on a project go ahead and talk to your team and ask for work from them. Don't sit idle at your desk. Take full advantage of this opportunity.

Advice to Management

The management would have to focus more on providing information on the step by step process of the program like the training and benefits. Also, setting up of the systems so that interns can start working on the first day itself.

Collaboration and communication are key to the success of an organization
Scottsdale, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with the team on a project that was meaningful to them. Networking with key players in the organization and other interns was also a valuable part of the experience.

When I was offered I had an offer from another company. I told the other company I would let them know on Friday what I decided. The hiring agent from CVS Caremark told that the written offer would come on Friday, but it didn't come until Monday afternoon. I had to wait to get tell the other company I would not take the internship and it made me look bad.

Network and go out of your way to influence. Soak up all the information but don't be afraid to have an opinion.

Advice to Management

They told me at the beginning of the internship that the way their recruiting worked is they won't offer at the end of the internship because they don't know what jobs will be available. So they said to apply to jobs a couple months before graduation next spring. The problem is the main recruiting season for MBAs is in the fall. So if I am offered a job by another company, with no offer in place, I would be very reluctant to pass on a for sure thing instead of place like CVS where I really enjoyed the internship.

A great opportunity to get broad exposure to a PBM and Medicare Part D.
Scottsdale, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to network with individuals within the company.

I wish the projects were a little more close to what normal employees would do on a day to day basis.

Be proactive in reaching out to different people in your internship as many are willing to share their experiences with you.

Advice to Management

I think there could be more team building and collaboration in a face to face manner, as much as possible. It is difficult with a company so large but I think that personal interaction is important.