Intern at CDW Campus Internship Program? Submit a Review

Real world experience in technology

Tucson, AZ | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real-world application of skills learned
Flexible hours

The curriculum is not completely formed therefore disorganized.

There will be a lot of times that you need to ask to attend meetings for you professional development and understanding.

Advice to Management

Training and full-time transition need to be worked on and created.

What do you know about CDW?

Great Community! Awesome Place, You Won't Believe How Great It Is!

Memphis, TN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hours, the nature of the work and the coworker environment

There is no company location for me to go to.

How great of a coworker environment it had

Advice to Management

Possibly have a field office near me

Why does a sales rep internship apply to youV

Flexible and Beneficial

Nashville, TN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really loved my supevisor- she was very patient and helpful throughout my training, and she helped me connect with other departments. I also loved the schedule. I was able to make my own hours and schedule my work around my classes.

I was in Nashville and my supervisor was in Chicago. This made communication difficult at some times.

CDW is a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

Hold coworkers more accountable.

Do you have enough time for this internship/how many hours would you be able to work?

Great work-life balance and training with CDW

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to make your own schedule and designate what hours you want to work around school. Valuable training that can help you in the real world. Great resume builder as you can take the experiences you gain here for the future.

Lack of coworkers can make it feel like you are more of a lone wolf, although it does help independence.

Be sociable and have the ability to set you own schedule with the motivation to fulfill your goals

Advice to Management

I wish there could be another employee working with me so that we could bounce ideas off of each other on where to approach on campus, although I understand the limitations of the company to employ so many people on so many campuses

Understanding IT

Oklahoma City, OK | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoy the flexibility as an intern on campus

I wish there was another intern or employee on campus that I could work with.

My advice to a new intern would be have fun with it and be ready to learn.

Advice to Management

CDW does a great job with management, if I had one request it would be to have a little bit more in person interaction with customers.

CDW Intern, the next generation of possibility: real world experience for real hard workers

Saint Louis, MO | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship is that since it is remote I am my own boss. I get to control how many hours I work (10-25), when I work and what aspects of the job I get to work on (marketing, event planning, meetings, product research).

It could be easy to fall behind if the fit isn't right. Also compensation is lower that would be ideal considering it does go through the summer as well.

Before starting I would like to know how much work it actually is going to be, this isn't an internship where your hand is held. You have plenty of resources if you need them but being on campus by yourself there is a possibility that if there was not an intern on campus before you that you will be introducing yourself and CDWG to new customers and existing customers all by yourself so you really have to have no fear and just get out there and realize that this is what the real world is like.

Advice to Management

Interns may be more encouraged to work harder if there is some sort of compensation for deals landed although that is a bit unrealistic. Just making sure that there is a 6 month crossover between interns to make sure interns have their footing before being on campus alone may be beneficial.

How do you see technology being used in classrooms now? How do you think it will grow?

Entry level sales/ marketing experience with flexible scheduling

Santa Barbara, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexible hours, great supervisors, and chance to network on campus

In the beginning, the internship is vague and has little direction

The candidate must be able to network and talk to many different types of people. The candidate, ideally, would be an extrovert or have such tendencies for the professional position.

Valuable Consulting and Sales Experience

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people and learning more about the campus.

There can be a certain level of ambiguity to overcome.

As i stated above, there can be ambiguity in this internship but each intern has all the tools to help them succeed! The account managers and supervisors are very helpful throughout the entire process.

Interested in Sales? Become a CDW Campus Intern! Mentorship, Networking, and Customer Service Experience Await You

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

-flexible hours: work around class, family commitments, etc.
-weekly check-ins are very helpful in keeping projects on track
-great opportunity to network on campus
-mentor experience from the account team is very valuable
-great experience in customer service

-isolation and lack of physical office environment results in a lack of company culture/camaraderie
-being the only student on the team can be lonely
-without prior IT knowledge, partner initiatives are difficult to wrap my head around
-juggling multiple partner initiatives is difficult without an extensive campus network (don't want to try to push multiple products on the same contact)

While prior IT knowledge is not required for the internship, it definitely helps. Not having any has definitely been a handicap.

Advice to Management

-More collaboration opportunities with fellow interns. Asking for advice from peers is less intimidating than asking a supervisor. More peer-to-peer access allows for the sharing of ideas, campus experiences, etc.
-More trainings on the parts of IT you need to understand to be successful in conversations on campus.

Great Experience

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible, learned a lot, got connected with a lot of different people that I otherwise wouldn't have met

I wish it would have been a little more structured

That it is almost all on your own