Intern at CDW Campus Internship Program? Submit a Review

Amazing Internship Develops Networking and Sales Skills

Lansing, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours, learning a lot about technology, building a strong network of people, developing skills.

pay (wish it was more)

Embrace the learning aspect, put in as many hours as you can

Advice to Management

pay interns more

past experience

why you want this internship

what value would you bring

Real world life experience and great company culture developed student for post graduation success.

Saint Louis, MO | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Professional growth, networking opportunities, the people I worked with,

Sometimes it was hard to balance school and the internship

The company culture was my favorite part of the job. I was able to learn a lot from the people around me and they were always willing to help and develop my skills.

Networking, Business Development, Professionalism and Training.

Gainesville, FL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I make my own hours for the week, I get a good paycheck at the end of every two weeks, CDW is a great company that cares about its employees, my boss and account team have cared about my own personal success, my office is wherever my work phone is, and I have gotten to use and learn about new technologies all throughout the internship.

I like that my office is where my phone is, but I also don't like not having a "home base" to go to and get work done. The only other thing I don't like about this internship, is that I am "all alone" in my job. I am not able to get face-to-face time with my account team or boss hardly ever, and there are no other interns on my campus to collaborate with, but that is the nature of the internship program, and that's totally fine.

This internship is a fantastic opportunity to work for a big name company on the Fortune 500 list, work with great people in your account team and your boss, the hours are unbeatable, the pay is very comparable, and the environment is one that lends itself to learning and stretching your comfort zones.

Advice to Management

To be completely honest, I don't think CDW can do a whole lot to be a better company. They seem to balance their growth and success with not forgetting their "little guy". They do a great job at giving you learning opportunities, they care about your success, and they don't seem to take you for granted.

One I remember was, "How have you seen technology being used in different ways on your campus?"
There was one down the lines of tell me about a time when you were able to problem solve, one about overcome and obstacle, and I think one about dealing with defeat or failure as well.

A great experience of time management and sales for a well known company.

Kansas City, KS | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love getting to go around and meet people, and build a relationship.

The most frustrating thing is when i keep trying to go on campus and people can't meet, and I can't really do anything for CDW for that day.

I wish that the person before gave me more of a client base that I could go off instead of starting from scratch.

Advice to Management

I think that the sales made by a intern, a very small percentage should be given back to the intern. Because I think the person before me took advantage of just making 11 dollars an hour and floated on that. Maybe if a small percentage was given back then there would be a lot more incentive to get on campus and get sales.

What was a time that you were challenged and how did you respond?

What do you know about CDW?

Why do you want this position?

What personality traits do you think make you a good fit for this position?

Learning about sales and interacting with customers

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting with customers, watching the account team and learning from their advice and experience.

rejection of sales

You get out what you put in

Best Internship and Mentorship

Fairfax, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Flexibility - able to schedule around student's schedule, they understand academics come first
- Benefits - given an iPhone and Microsoft Surface Pro 4 during the internship to use for work and school
- Exemplary Team - dedicated account team and supervisor there to mentor and learn from
- Training - you are given ample training before you start work, making sure you are comfortable talking about who you are, and what you do as an intern

No Local Office - as a campus intern, you have no office to report to (not to much of a con)

If given the opportunity, CDW looks for campus interns who are organized and can communicate effectively. You are not only the face of the brand at your university, you introduce yourself to costumers and make sure to leave a lasting and positive impression.

Great work-life balance and training with CDW

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to make your own schedule and designate what hours you want to work around school. Valuable training that can help you in the real world. Great resume builder as you can take the experiences you gain here for the future.

Lack of coworkers can make it feel like you are more of a lone wolf, although it does help independence.

Be sociable and have the ability to set you own schedule with the motivation to fulfill your goals

Advice to Management

I wish there could be another employee working with me so that we could bounce ideas off of each other on where to approach on campus, although I understand the limitations of the company to employ so many people on so many campuses

Understanding IT

Oklahoma City, OK | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoy the flexibility as an intern on campus

I wish there was another intern or employee on campus that I could work with.

My advice to a new intern would be have fun with it and be ready to learn.

Advice to Management

CDW does a great job with management, if I had one request it would be to have a little bit more in person interaction with customers.

CDW Intern, the next generation of possibility: real world experience for real hard workers

Saint Louis, MO | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship is that since it is remote I am my own boss. I get to control how many hours I work (10-25), when I work and what aspects of the job I get to work on (marketing, event planning, meetings, product research).

It could be easy to fall behind if the fit isn't right. Also compensation is lower that would be ideal considering it does go through the summer as well.

Before starting I would like to know how much work it actually is going to be, this isn't an internship where your hand is held. You have plenty of resources if you need them but being on campus by yourself there is a possibility that if there was not an intern on campus before you that you will be introducing yourself and CDWG to new customers and existing customers all by yourself so you really have to have no fear and just get out there and realize that this is what the real world is like.

Advice to Management

Interns may be more encouraged to work harder if there is some sort of compensation for deals landed although that is a bit unrealistic. Just making sure that there is a 6 month crossover between interns to make sure interns have their footing before being on campus alone may be beneficial.

How do you see technology being used in classrooms now? How do you think it will grow?

Entry level sales/ marketing experience with flexible scheduling

Santa Barbara, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexible hours, great supervisors, and chance to network on campus

In the beginning, the internship is vague and has little direction

The candidate must be able to network and talk to many different types of people. The candidate, ideally, would be an extrovert or have such tendencies for the professional position.