Intern at Union Pacific Intern Program Year Round? Submit a Review

Union Pacific is the place to be, Great People, Great Experiences, and Great Opportunities

- Training

- Flexible Hours

- Great Pay

- School Remains as Top Priority

- Great Benefits

- Friendly Co-Workers

- Teamwork

- Real World Problems/Solutions

- Reasonable Expectations - they don't expect you to know everything and they are happy to answer questions.\

- The first week of work can be overwhelming because of all the information you are given.

- Be Punctual - always show up on time to work, meetings, getting back from lunch.

- Be Polite - a please and thank you can go a long way in this company.

- Be Presentable - They have a dress code and it is enforced, but it''s not unreasonable

- Be Personable - Don't be afraid to talk to people, networking can be a great skill to have.

- Be Professional - Believe it or not your manager is not the only person that takes notice of you.

- Be Positive - A positive can-do attitude shows your boss that you care about the job and you're not just wasting their time.

- Participate - There are many different activities sponsored by UP for their interns to participate in. They are fun and a great way to network!

- Have Pride - Your work is your own, be proud of it and own it!

- Be Humble - You don't know everything, no one does if you have information that's useful make it common knowledge.

- ASK QUESTIONS - You're an intern they do not expect you to have mastered your field. It's better to ask a question than to sit at your desk and twiddle your thumbs

Most important of all...

- Have Fun - You're work experience is what you make it. There is no reason you can not work hard but still have fun. Now is the time to make mistakes and get messy. That's how you learn, your manager expects you to make mistakes don't be afraid. Be open to change and make the best of it.

That is all the advice I can give you, your experience is yours and yours alone to make the best or worst time of your life.

I cannot provide any as interview questions are very specific to each department, as well as each team.

Advice to Management

It would help the interns more if the first day was not so intense. It's a lot of information to take in and it's kinda like pouring water on a saturated sponge.

"An internship of networking, learning, and the best step to becoming a corporate pilot"

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship is the company willingness to let me be involved in all parts of the department so I am able to expand my knowledge about aviation. Union Pacific has put forth great effort to help me learn and network with other professionals in the field. I also appreciate the type of people that work in this company. I work with some of the best industry professionals in the world that are more than happy to help me put my foot in the door to becoming a professional pilot. Very few college students enjoy their job but I am a lucky one that can say she looks forward to going to work everday.

What I like least about my internship is that I am either so busy or have very little to do. That is something that the aviation industry faces as a whole.

This company gives employees many opportunites, make sure you take full advantage of this. If you put forth a lot of effort into your job, the company is good at realizing this and is sure to show their appreciation.

Great!

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I am exposed to many other departments. I am able to apply my education.

I would like to have more time with my manager.

Be computer efficient in Excel etc.

Tell us about yourself using your resume.

Endless Opportunities

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Environment, Co-workers and the operations behind the railroad

I've yet to find one thing I dislike about working here.

Union Pacific is a great company to work for and has plenty of opportunities for interns as well as educational programs. The hands on training is exceptional and everyone is here to help you along the way. At the end of my intern program I hope to land a job working as a full-time employee!

A good learning experience

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best parts are learning about the professional environment, getting a better understanding of my field, and forming bonds with coworkers.

Having to have better time management because of going to school as well.

No opinion.

Experience of a Lifetime

Networking

Nothing was bad

Network with everyone

Tell me about a time when you were confronted with an issue and how did you handle it.

Advice to Management

More flexible hours.

This was the best experience I could have imagined happening. I've learned a lot from the people I've worked with.

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've been able to work with the best and the brightest on projects. Everyone here is friendly and willing to teach new people what they know.

I didn't like parking downtown, but that comes with working downtown.

I would say that they should work for them. This is the best employer, and they should apply there as soon as they can.

What makes you a fit for our team?

When will you be done with your degree?

Why are you going into this certain field of study?

Advice to Management

I think my manager has done a wonderful job of making the best out of my internship. I hope that other managers take his lead and allow their interns to work in different areas, but also making them apart of the team.

Fantastic Internship With Many Opportunities

* Friendly coworkers

* Great work experience

* Career opportunities after graduation

* Very flexible hours

* Health- and safety-oriented company culture

* Access to the fitness center

* Good pay

* Several interfaces are not very user-friendly or intuitive

* Sometimes training can be informal and contains difficult concepts

* Be able to work well with others

* Be open to the idea of working nights and/or weekends (depending on position)

* Make safety a top priority for yourself and others

* Where do you see yourself after graduation?

* What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?

* What sets you apart from others who applied for this position?

This is the best internship experience in America!

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Stimulating work, excellent work experience, nurturing work atmosphere, friendly and helpful coworkers, and great pay!

There were no cons to this intership.

If you are a hard and honest worker who likes to be challenged by your work and constantly be learning new information on a daily-basis, Union Pacific is the ideal choice.

Advice to Management

Management has been helpful, fair, and understanding in every aspect of my experience as an intern at Union Pacific.

Worlds Best Internship

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The money, pay, and ethic

The will not pay for my schooling.

Learn the railroad

What can I code

Advice to Management

Pay for my schooling

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)