Union Pacific Railroad Intern Connection Program Internship

Intern with benefits

Company networking events.

Everything was great.

Union pacific is a great company with unlimited career opportunities.

Real World Applications in an Intern Experience

I worked closely with another intern and the constant in a team environment was great. Also, the project we worked on was a mobile application so it is both relevant with the state of technology today, and relevant to what I'm interested in.

I interned for a train company, but didn't ride a train or visit a yard.

Technology at Union Pacific isn't static by any means. Even though the company is very historical, the technology is cutting edge and it's great to be a part of it.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of policies for what an employee can and can't do, so if the environment was a little more free, it would be a better place to get work done.

Date: 2013

I woulnd't summarized my internship in a headline

paid, free housing, awesome people, interesting project

I did not like being forced to go to intern omaha events, and the Intern Connection Program events weren't that exciting either.

it is a great place to work, but the internship is generally more fun in IT as there are more fun events planed for IT people

Date: 2013

Real life experience, great networking

Omaha is fantastic, everyone is welcoming, the company atmospere is really welcoming, everyone is engaged.

Not getting to ride a train

Union Pacific is a great place to be. You may think, "what would I do for a railroad?" but keep in mind that it is a thriving Fortune 100 company with awesome benefits.

Date: 2013

Great Experience, great atmosphere, and a wonderful company

Social aspect, had a large project that was important and realized by the company. I thought that the managers and supervisors I had were awesome.

Forced a lot of internship events with other interns.

If you get an offer at Union Pacific TAKE IT, it's an amazing company, they want to see you succeed.

Advice to Management

have some kind of shorts day.

Wonderful

Being a second year intern

My new golf swing.

Be prepared for the BAPT Test if doing application development

Advice to Management

Try a new approach besides the BAPT test. I know its suppose to show a persons strength in certain area's but if they have proven they can do the job and can deliver a product in a limited amount of time then I believe he or she deserves a chance.

Date: 2013

My internship was a exciting, eventful, and a great learning experience.

Free housing and transportation, free lunches, getting to know other interns, events in Omaha, ITWC events, working with the employees at Union Pacific

Not getting to know who my roomates were going to be until a few days before the internship

Union Pacific is filled with opportunities and various job positions within their IT department. It is easy to switch from one job to the next, and the people are respectful and willing to help you meet your career goals.

Advice to Management

I would have liked to be given presentations briefing all the different projects in the IT department and project teams so that I am familiar with my options when I apply for a full-time job.

Amazing and educational.

Meeting employees who were in the same field as me and getting that knowledge of what it would feel like to be in that field.

Working space if I had to come up with anything.

Be ready to work and work hard in school, school is where it all counts.

Date: 2013

I Build at Union Pacific!

Creating the internship video and being able to connect with all the interns from other schools. Sharing experiences with friends and full time employees. Most of all the team building social events we were apart of!

Limited time would be the thing I like least. I know there are several other projects surrounded around my projects that I wish I could've helped with.

Work hard! Don't be afraid to speak up in the big time meetings and don't forget to have fun! Join a team (department) you are truly passionate about and work days will fly by! So will the internship experience!

Eye Opening

Learning what goes on in the work place. These are things that you cannot learn in school.

Being indoors most of the day.

Talk to recruiters about possible postions that you could fit in with your area of study.

Advice to Management

Have a promotion/hire-on program to see if some interns can continue working with the company.