Union Pacific Intern Program Year Round

I woulnd't summarized my internship in a headline
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

paid, free housing, awesome people, interesting project

I did not like being forced to go to intern omaha events, and the Intern Connection Program events weren't that exciting either.

it is a great place to work, but the internship is generally more fun in IT as there are more fun events planed for IT people

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Great Experience, great atmosphere, and a wonderful company
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Social aspect, had a large project that was important and realized by the company. I thought that the managers and supervisors I had were awesome.

Forced a lot of internship events with other interns.

If you get an offer at Union Pacific TAKE IT, it's an amazing company, they want to see you succeed.

Advice to Management

have some kind of shorts day.

Real World Applications in an Intern Experience
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I worked closely with another intern and the constant in a team environment was great. Also, the project we worked on was a mobile application so it is both relevant with the state of technology today, and relevant to what I'm interested in.

I interned for a train company, but didn't ride a train or visit a yard.

Technology at Union Pacific isn't static by any means. Even though the company is very historical, the technology is cutting edge and it's great to be a part of it.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of policies for what an employee can and can't do, so if the environment was a little more free, it would be a better place to get work done.

Amazing and educational.
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting employees who were in the same field as me and getting that knowledge of what it would feel like to be in that field.

Working space if I had to come up with anything.

Be ready to work and work hard in school, school is where it all counts.

Intern with benefits

Company networking events.

Everything was great.

Union pacific is a great company with unlimited career opportunities.

Exceeding Expectations
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free housing/transportation to work, intern activities with the chamber of commerce, networking opportunities with leadership and full time employees, multiple training courses, and project for the summer.

That there was only a group project but additional projects to keep interns busy full time.

Make sure that you are prepared for the location change, and remain open minded through out the process.

Eye Opening
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning what goes on in the work place. These are things that you cannot learn in school.

Being indoors most of the day.

Talk to recruiters about possible postions that you could fit in with your area of study.

Advice to Management

Have a promotion/hire-on program to see if some interns can continue working with the company.

Networking, Office Experience, Fortune 500 Company; Who wouldn't want this opportunity.
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship is the networking opportunity. I had a blast meeting new people and having the opportunities to sit down and talk to people that gave me advice on college, the real-world, and the company.

What I liked least about the internship was the availiable parking. I had to park about 4 blocks away and walk to my building, although this was not bad it would have been more convenient to have closer parking.

I'm not sure.

Advice to Management

I love it here at Union Pacific.

Union Pacific internship will blow away expectations.
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working closely with my manager and mentor, the atmosphere and work environment of Union Pacific, the opportunity to go out with other interns.

I felt like we could have achieved more if we had a little more time to devote to the company.

Union Pacific has created a lot of amazing technology and is full of wonderful people.

My internship was a exciting, eventful, and a great learning experience.
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free housing and transportation, free lunches, getting to know other interns, events in Omaha, ITWC events, working with the employees at Union Pacific

Not getting to know who my roomates were going to be until a few days before the internship

Union Pacific is filled with opportunities and various job positions within their IT department. It is easy to switch from one job to the next, and the people are respectful and willing to help you meet your career goals.

Advice to Management

I would have liked to be given presentations briefing all the different projects in the IT department and project teams so that I am familiar with my options when I apply for a full-time job.