Union Pacific Intern Program Year Round Internship

Intern at Union Pacific Intern Program Year Round Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Best internship program that was carried out successfully
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay, relocation amount, housing, transportation, and hours were the best aspects to the internship.

I do not like the 20 minute presentation at the end of the summer, although I do see it necessary.

Most of the interns had a mentor, but there were still quite a few of us that didn't have one. It would have been nice to be paired with someone for that purpose.

IT Internship
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, including the other interns, were all very friendly and helpful. The company worked really hard making sure all the interns had what they needed to do their jobs and that we also had fun during the summer.

My project was interesting, but it is not what I want to do full time.

It is a really great place to work.

Summer Internship Success
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real work that the company will actually use, housing is paid for, transportation is provided, great networking within the company and with students from other schools, great corporate experience, great internship with social life.

Nebraska Taxes, Railroad Retirement included for interns, omaha as a location

The benefits are great during the career and after retirement, the pay is competitive, Omaha is a large city and the cost of living is relatively low, there are many discounts you can receive for working with the rail,

Advice to Management

Nothing to become better based off of the suggestions.

Internship experience of a lifetime in Omaha, Nebraksa.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, social events, work enviroment, living arrangements, a shuttle to and from work, as well as helpful supervisors.

I liked least that some interns were not able to come to certain events because they were in a different department.

A great opportunity to join a respectable company that has been around for 150 years, along with great full-time benefits.

Summer Intern Learns All About Audit
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Management, coworkers, training and development, social opportunities, working with and for great people, helpful and immediate feedback

Difficult to adjust to a 40 hour work week

Be prepared for real work experience and to do what you would be doing as a full time employee

rising junior completes summer of learning while producing meaningful projects that will be used in the future
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- my work will be used in the future and some of it is already being used
- some of my findings resulted in action by other managers to work on them
- the people and successful at ease culture

not really anything

the company is very successful and an industry leader, but does not maintain a stressful corporate culture. the best way to describe it is relaxed efficient in that no one appears stressed out most of the time because everyone does their work without question and does it well. management will give you less than you can realistically handle. it is expected that you as an employee ask for more work/responsibility if you have a desire to move up. so if you are self driven and know what you want, UP is a great place to make a name for yourself. a really enjoyable experience overall.

Advice to Management

none

Union Pacific....More than Just Trains
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was that I got to work on projects that are related to my field of study.

What I liked least was working on a different floor from my team.

Union Pacific is a great company to work for because they care about their workers including interns. This internship will allow you to work on real work projects that go along with your degree and that will actually be used.

Advice to Management

There should be more opportunities to network with the different departments in the company.

Fantastic

Networking

The drive to Omaha

Ask questions

Advice to Management

Have better explainations

Positive experience with comprehensive program

Housing, Company, "Experience" in general

The actual work I was doing did not align with what I was seeking

Good company, especially for the long haul.

Advice to Management

n/a

Fantastic Opportunity, Fantastic Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting senior level executives. Relevant and interesting project to work on. Networking opportunities. Company-assisted housing for the summer.

Truly liked everything about my internship. Biggest downside was the distance from home -- no opportunity to see family during the summer.

Be flexible and willing to learn. Enjoy the experience, but take it seriously as the company is evaluating you just as you are learning about them.

Advice to Management

Assist with housing for the summer. Provide training along with a work assignment.