Intern at Union Pacific Intern Program Year Round? Submit a Review

Worlds Best Internship

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The money, pay, and ethic

The will not pay for my schooling.

Learn the railroad

What can I code

Advice to Management

Pay for my schooling

A great experience to sharpen your programming skills and be affiliated with experienced developers and have compensation for your time.

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked the different software tools I've been able to use. I never had a lot of experience with spring or web services before I was here so it's awesome to start messing with those things.

I don't like that Union Pacific is not open over the weekend. As a student I like to reserve most my time for the week for school and the weekend for work, but they're so flexable with your schedule it works out.

The only thing I was worried about was the level of programming competency that I started with. I found out their expectations for entry level programmers is completely reasonable. They help you elevate your skills on the job.

What projects have you worked on?

What classes have you taken?

We talked a little about ORM tools and hadoop as well.

Advice to Management

I would consider using agile project management methodologies. I heard that agile methodologies can yield a better result than scrum.

Very great experience. Learning something new every day

Flexible hours with school

Treated like a full time employee

Do "real" work

Able to apply what I learn here at work to my school work and vice-versa

I do not have any negatives regarding my internship

Take advantage of all the learning opportunities provided to you

Be a good listener

This is the best internship experience in America!

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Stimulating work, excellent work experience, nurturing work atmosphere, friendly and helpful coworkers, and great pay!

There were no cons to this intership.

If you are a hard and honest worker who likes to be challenged by your work and constantly be learning new information on a daily-basis, Union Pacific is the ideal choice.

Advice to Management

Management has been helpful, fair, and understanding in every aspect of my experience as an intern at Union Pacific.

Great!

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I am exposed to many other departments. I am able to apply my education.

I would like to have more time with my manager.

Be computer efficient in Excel etc.

Tell us about yourself using your resume.

"An internship of networking, learning, and the best step to becoming a corporate pilot"

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship is the company willingness to let me be involved in all parts of the department so I am able to expand my knowledge about aviation. Union Pacific has put forth great effort to help me learn and network with other professionals in the field. I also appreciate the type of people that work in this company. I work with some of the best industry professionals in the world that are more than happy to help me put my foot in the door to becoming a professional pilot. Very few college students enjoy their job but I am a lucky one that can say she looks forward to going to work everday.

What I like least about my internship is that I am either so busy or have very little to do. That is something that the aviation industry faces as a whole.

This company gives employees many opportunites, make sure you take full advantage of this. If you put forth a lot of effort into your job, the company is good at realizing this and is sure to show their appreciation.

Experience of a Lifetime

Networking

Nothing was bad

Network with everyone

Tell me about a time when you were confronted with an issue and how did you handle it.

Advice to Management

More flexible hours.

Challenging and self-motivating on your time

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

money, exposure to multiple departments, the people

Sitting in a cubicle all day

If you want exposure to every aspect of business and have the opportunity to figure out where you want to belong and have the opportunity to be placed anywhere you want, choose Union Pacific.

The most innovative experience/Job for a college student

Hours

Training/Classes

Knowledge

Work environment

Delay to start work

Work hard, study, and put yourself out there and people will notice you.

Dedicated intern directly impacts and improves department

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of respect and responsibility I received from my supervisor and colleagues; flexible schedule to work around classes; the inclusive, forward thinking company culture

Limited number of hours able to work during the school year.

Learn as much as possible about the industry. Show your interest in the company by attending many company-sponsored events and keeping in contact with a recruiter.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunity for cross-departmental projects/training sessions.