Intern at iHeartMedia Los Angeles Internship ? Submit a Review

Well rounded experience in the radio industry

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the best aspects of the internship were being able to see other parts of the radio industry and to branch out of marketing... Just to see if you were interested in anything else.

How short my time as an intern was.

I would suggest saying "Yes" to all opportunities because you never know what opportunity lies ahead.

When you show hard work and do everything to your best ability it will be noticed.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Doing the department rotations because I was able to see what departments would be best fit for me and that's where I realized I wanted to stay in Programming. I also loved being able to work Wango Tango and see how much hard work goes in to putting on a great concert. I also loved the game card we played which forced us to get out of our shells and meet people around the office.

The one thing I liked least was I didn't get to help out with as many events that the other interns got to do.

Be prepared to learn a lot not only about the radio industry, but about yourself as well. I was pretty shy, but this internship helped me break out of my shell and talk to a bunch of people here, who now I consider great friends.

Advice to Management

I think everyone works so hard here and could have better compensation.

What are your interests?
If you were to become our intern what would you like to learn?
Why radio?

Wearing several hats and networking with people across the spectrum.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to attend concerts and meet talent.
Working in a huge market for Radio/Journalism.
Great work environment
Access to opprtunies and shadowing.

That it was only academic credit.

Be open minded and most of all be yourself.

Advice to Management

No advice

Tell me about yourself?
What is your greatest weakness?

Best radio internship

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting and working with some of the best people

I liked everything about the internship.

I wish I would have known to be more talkive to people and meet more people.

Advice to Management

Possibly pay interns

How would you react if you got to meet your favorite singer?

?You will experience the heart but also the sweat of how radio runs, and runs to the best of its ability. ?

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team. I will say the people I was working along side were bright, driven and positive. They didn't pick interns who were just "yes" people or who sit in the back of the class, but people who are truly movers and shakers. When a problem arises, a solution is to be found. I learned about myself personally and professional from my fellow interns. I also will say Angel, the marketing coordinator and woman who started this internship. She picked us for a reason. She sought to stretch our mind and go do something we've never done. I hate phone calls, but instead of having me do something else that is comfortable, she would tell me to pick up each call. I will say, she helped me be better on the phone and overall confident stepping out of my comfort zone.

Back in 2013, we did press links for a couple hours at a time. I'm unsure if she still has interns do so, but I personally found tedious after a while but still valuable work. We were never doing busy work.

I wish I would have known more of my day to day duties before coming in, but I will say this internship was filled with last minute but rich experiences. That is just how entertainment world is!

Advice to Management

Angel Nagar does a wonderful job hosting a time for new interns to meet and learn from former interns. I don't know other internships that does similar, or to the extent she does. I think is valuable in any internship. It calmed my nerves and made me feel confident to walk in my first day. However, I still was surprised to see I was the only one there on my first day. With that said, I would have like to known who would or wouldn't be there each day.

The interview process was thorough and overall best process I've been through to date. I remember being excited to answer what is one time in my life I've done something out of my comfort zone or unfamiliar and how did I conquer through or overcome, and what exactly did I learn.

I have my dream job because of this internship.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The exposure to multiple different departments allowed me to really discover what I want and didn't want in a career.

The fact that it was unpaid, but most internships in this industry are.

Always take heed to the advice our intern manager tells you - she knows what's best and always has your best interest at heart.

Advice to Management

Making this a paid internship would be great because it's difficult to fund commuting and all the time spent not earning money while being a student.

What would you do if your favorite celebrity walked in? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? 10 years from now?

Assisting in the production of entertainment environments

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people made the internship a lot of fun. The people you work teach you skills to be in a corporate environment.

I honestly can not think of any cons. It is a great internship

Try and do everything you can while at the internship.

The Greatest Experience Of Your Entire Life

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to learn an incredible amount about the industry of radio, meeting some of the most powerful people within the industry, actively learn the fundamentals of radio programming with hands on experience, being trusted with important responsibilities, and the weekly professional development meetings to facilitate our growth as young adults emerging within the industry.

Literally nothing. This was a dream. Getting up at 4 am was difficult but even the difficulty of the hours helped me to build professional character.

Be open, outgoing, and amplify your personality. Take advantage of where you are and make sure to meet as many people as you can. The only person you are in competition with is yourself.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have some sort of compensation besides school credit, but just being here is rewarding enough.

Describe your writing style
What are some of your future career goals
What is something you'd be happy doing every single day for the rest of your career
What do you expect will be some of your responsibilities here as an intern

The Internship I Still Remember as the Best Experience of My Life

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the musical aspects - getting to go to concerts and events, watching programmers work on creating playlists for the next day and including promos, seeing how everything fit together and how everyone worked so diligently in their own areas just to make radio happen (something I definitely took for granted before)

The other interns.

I just wish I would have been less shy going into the internship, because you get to meet so many great people and if you leave a lasting impression they'll remember you, and that can be really beneficial.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Best Internship I've Ever Had

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved every aspect of this internship and cannot recommend it enough. The best part of iHMLA were certainly the many amazing people I've met. I have not only enjoyed working with my fellow interns but many of them have become life-long friends. I don't live in the US at the moment yet I still talk to many of them on a very regular basis. Furthermore, the intern coordinator, Angel Nagar, is by far the most caring and dedicated supervisor I've ever had throughout my professional career. She is there to help you every step of the way and guides you through the process, making sure that you get the most out of your experience at iHeartMedia LA. It was great to have someone on the one hand trusting you with a great deal of responsibility, and on the other hand providing you with guidance, should you require it. At no point did interns have to perform mindless tasks such as getting coffee or spend their days making copies for an executive. Instead, we learned how to plan, organize and execute major events successfully and were trusted with different tasks along the way, guaranteeing that our professional growth is anything but linear and one-dimensional.
Another amazing aspect of this internship is the work environment at iHMLA. If you have a passion for music, radio, media and/or entertainment, this place just cannot be beat. You get to partake in organizing some of the biggest events in the US and learn what it takes to work in and run several other departments, e.g. radio stations/digital etc., through rotations. Also, it doesn't hurt that some of the biggest artists in the world walk through the very same doors as you do every day.

Long story short, this internship is simply an exciting opportunity and every day at the office was fun. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

There really was no "worst" aspect. I guess for some people the commute was a bit much because the office is located in Burbank and some interns came from Orange County, West Hollywood etc. Then again, this just proves that people are willing to take the long commute upon themselves to be a part of this experience.

When you apply, limit your resume to a page. Employees have a lot of tasks to work on simultaneously and after a long day, no one wants to read a 3 page resume. Also, should you be invited to interview, make sure you come prepared. Research the LA radio market beforehand, know why you want this internship and what you hope to gain from it.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Be humble. This is the sort of work place where no one cares that your father is the CEO of a Fortune 500 company or that your grandmother once had dinner with Elvis Presley. It is all about your work ethic, how you present yourself and how you interact with others.

Lastly, enjoy the experience. There's so much to see, learn and experience, so many great people to meet - you won't be disappointed.

Why do you want to intern at iHMLA?
What type of music do you listen to? Who's your favorite artist?
What radio stations/programs do you listen to?
What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
Why would you be a good fit for iHMLA?