Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Engineering Internships

Date: 2013

Where I want to work the next 40 years.

-Challenging -Great co-workers/mentors -No small tasks. -You can make the internship really fulfilling if you try -Get to actually benefit the company -Get to present your projects to the board of directors -Good chance of employment after if you work hard

-Can get stressful if you don't manage your time properly

Stay on top of your projects, be proactive, ask question, ask for more work if you want it. Finish deadlines early.

Great biotech industry experience

The hands on learning that you do every day.

Downtime due to supervisor being too busy.

Familiarize yourself with tipical biotech processes (chromatography, filtration and cell culture) before showing up on site.

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

A challenging opportunity to show a big time pharma what you can do.

Getting real life experience in the lab. Immediately making a difference through tech development and being included in all group efforts. Being challenged all the time.

Intern Events held by HR.

The culture at Regeneron is fantastic. Everywhere you look, someone is willing to help you learn (and is happy to do it).

Advice to Management

The Information Technologies department could be improved upon. There is much too much outsourcing for the basic help line. Additionally, service requests have a very long turn around time that could be improved.

Date: 2013

Very fun and educational with professional job exposure

Hands-on experience, exposure to an actual job setting prior to college graduation

There was nothing I didn't enjoy about my internship

Good employer, very flexible and a good working environment

Understanding Manfucaturing Processes at a Biopharma company

Networking with other interns/employees, understanding day to day operations and discovering what it is like to work for Regeneron.

Too much down time, would have liked more projects to work on.

Regeneron has an excellent atmosphere with down to earth and hardworking employees. You will learn a lot and there are a lot of cool activities and programs.

Advice to Management

Better communication between departments.

A great summer in Regeneron

Be able to learn SAS programming skills and practice a lot. Be able to learn how to communicate with higher level managers and other colleagues. Have great experience of how pharmaceutical industry works.

Everything is good, no cons.

It is a great company. You can learn a lot of things if you come here.

Date: 2013

Gain knowledge of modern analytical chemistry processes and assays in a progressive pharmaceutical company

challenging, well-paid.

lack of choice for supervisor/mentor nor project.

If the area works and you are an honest person, you should apply here.

Advice to Management

More focus on in-house promotion. There is a definite sense of growing pains in the work community that can have negative fallout and bringing in managers or "higher-ups" from outside the company taints or changes the beauty of this company's fundamental characteristics (such as the Regen 5). I don't say that we should avoid change but often I see changes that try to normalize us towards a "typical" pharma company where I know we would prefer to set the precedent.

Date: 2013

A unique experience in a medical affairs: you come of the oppoortunity and stay for the culture

1. Opportunities to participate in trainings 2. Networking: with other employees and interns 3. An Open Learning Culture 4. Access to individuals in other departements to explore other career paths 5. Structure: events planned for the interns including talks on linked in, career path selection, etc. 6. Location 7. Mentorship: my boss discussed both the internship as well as career development and goals 8. OnBoarding: easy painless transition and was able to work on the second day of the internship 9. Volunteering: activities helped me be activity in the community even though I am not from the area 10. Did I mention that they have free frozen yogurt Thursdays for all employees?

1. That it was on the shorter side (8 weeks) due to unavoidable time constraints with my program and my mentors availability

Regeneron has an expectation of people being passionate about patient health and safety. They expect individuals to make ethical decisions and be active in their careers. They are not looking for individuals that are coming to work for a paycheck. In return, they will provide you with training to accomplish your goals, an environment that supports change and diversity, and a culture that encourages authenticity.

Advice to Management

I would say the organization is doing everything right. The only struggle they might have is maintaining such a dynamic culture as the company continues to grow and expand.

Date: 2013

sculpting my future at reneger on

All of my co-workers were helpful and friendly and I was able to get hands-on experience in the field I wish to pursue

It is not close to my home, long island

You have to work hard and things are fast moving but the rewards are tremendous and Regeneron loves to play hard as well

Date: 2013

Regeneron, promoting youth's interest in science and technology

The great availability of resources offered at regeneron make it a pleasant place to work

All is very well organized though improvement can be made in career development opportunities

Be a punctual, interested and eager young scientist-and Regeneron wil provide the stage for development

Advice to Management

I think Regeneron's intern program is well designed, compemsation is great but the company can improve upon integrating these eager young minds with the more well stablished and accompliished scientist so that interns can directly see what these careers involve.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)