4.2 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 154 Intern Reviews)

Learning while Producing: Enhancing prescriptions one step at a time!
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Helpful and motiviating team, flexible hours, outside volunteer outing , avalibility to learn so many new things, clean and workable space.

No outside events with other interns.

If given the oppurtunity take it, It is truly an amazing expierence.

Learning while Producing: Improving the quality of prescriptions one step at a time
Morristown, NJ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning many valuable techniques which will enhance my applications for graduate schools, Increasing knowledge and gaining new knowledge, being surrounded by a motivating and helpful team (Manager, mentors and other scientist)

Legnth of time to do such an extensive project and no outside functions or planned outings.

This is a great oppurtunity and chance to learn so many new, and different things. If you have the oppurtunity go for it! One of the best choices I have made!

Advice to Management

Great organization!

Amazing people, awesome place
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people who taught me and worked with me, as well as getting back in the lab and doing actual relevant work that has an impact on end-users.

I lived 49.8 miles away from work, and thus did not get the gas stipend. However, this is/was a minor thing and has nothing to do with the Elkhorn site. The staff here worked very hard for and with me to get this fixed.

Don't hold back as an intern; ask questions if you need it. People here at the Elkhorn site are the kind of people who I would call friends and the same people are more than willing to answer a few questions.

Advice to Management

I have no issues with compensation, hours, employee retention, promotion policies, diversity or training. The people who I had/have the pleasure of working with seem to really enjoy their job and it shows, I think.

UNL needs to do a better job of getting you down to the Engineering Career fairs, held biannually.

Interns can collect and analyze meaningful data in short periods of time.
West Point, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Information I gathered will actually be useful for the company. Every person I talked to was nice, welcoming, and willing to talk at any time. The hours were adjustable to fit what was most convenient for me. Interns were treated more like company employees than "interns".

Getting through all the training at the beginning of the internship was a bit tiring, although a large majority of it was clearly necessary. After the second week this was no longer a problem.

There are many different opportunities at this company; people in different departments have completely different projects. If you have an idea of what you want to be working on, Merck will most likely be able to match you to a project that fits your interests.

Advice to Management

The housing stipend did not cover a large portion of the amount I had to pay to live in the area. More than half of the money I earned went towards housing costs (not including things such as food, etc).

Pharmaceutical Analysts have it tough.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Was able to work in a professional environment. Obtained a fairly decent amount of Laboratory experience. Able to make a lot of connections and obtain contact information with employees.

At the beginning of the internship, there was a lot of time lost by waiting to be integrated into the system.

Hardship builds character, and eveything is a learning experience.

Advice to Management

Include more in the pre-internship checklist to help integrate the interns into the system faster.

One of the greatest opportunites I've had to gain invaluable experience
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being friends with all the other interns.

I felt 10 weeks was a little too long.

It's a company that gives you opportunites in almost any area of work.

Excellent data analysis and process improvement opportunity
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager provided a great positive environment

The commute from home was rather far

Rewarding experience

Advice to Management

Provide designated housing for the interns

First hand experience of how the industry of animal research works.
Omaha, NE | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

That I was able to talk to people that work in the industry of producing animal vaccines from research and learning from them.

Nothing. I liked everything about this internship.

Based on my experiences working at Merck Animal Health, I have seen that the people that work here are very amiable and knowledgeable. They were always open to collaborating ideas and willing to give me guidance if I needed it.

Advice to Management

This internship was really great. I am sure that a company can always improve in areas but from an intern's point of view, I have nothing to note on how to improve.

Great Summer Reseach Experience
Kansas City, KS | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexability in hours and opportunity to learn or take over on several projects.

Sometimes it was hurry up and wait as far as getting things done, which isn't necessarily bad. It just takes some gettin gused to.

Great opportunity for anyone interested in reasearch in the animal health field.

Intern at pharmaceutical process development and analysis
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The professional environment, insight in how the company operates and the people's attitude, they were very warm and welcoming.

The unnecessary bureaucracy to obtain equipment and documents. Too many signatures required to obtain miscellaneous items.

Have a very positive attitude, willing to stay extra hours in some shifts.

Advice to Management

Communication between LPO and NJ sites regarding on logistics about accommodating students in their respective areas of work.