Intern at Abbott Internship Program? Submit a Review

3 Months in the Life of an Abbott Employee

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated as an actual employee.

It would have been nice to work 4 days and have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off since the internship can be rigorous.

You are responsible for a project that will actually be implemented. You need to be prepared to execute your best work, this is not an internship you can slack off in.

Asked about why I choose to go to High Point University.

A safe environment for growth and career development

Lake Forest, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people and the work life balance. I also got to work on a cool project.

the commute from downtown chicago to the office was very long

They have a great intern week where you come together with all the interns and feel like part of a community. Abbott seems to really care about its employees.

Expand your knowledge to levels you did not even realize

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Professional Development in all aspects of the workforce

Not a long enough time to complete the projects because they were so important

The organization has tons of abbreviations and learning those before arriving could be helpful.

Advice to Management

Training on products could be beneficial for starting interns

Why did you choose the school you attended?

Summer Internship: Welcome to One of the Best Three Months of Your Life

San Diego, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, Location, Benefits

Pace of the industry and a huge company at times

Make sure you are very clear to your manager what you want to get out of it and ask for help!

One of the greatest learning experiences I have ever had.

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

-We were given various real-life projects to work on.
-Nutrition Leadership team and all employees were so willing to take time to talk with you, answer your questions and work with you
-You know that they care about your personal growth
-Having the flexibility to meet people from other functions, network
- Working on other assignments besides your own projects - shadowing and taking lab tours
- Flying to Chicago to have intern week. Receiving training on resume writing, time management, executive presence.
- Dinners with senior leadership team

- I wished they also spent time describing and talking about future employment for international students as well and connecting them with programs in their own countries. There wasn't much training or explanations given for prospective of students who are not eligible to work in the US after graduation. I wished they had been able to create a better network with their global team or even connect us with them to help not just US students but also international students

- I wished I was able to get to know my manager more before I started so I will be more well prepared of their expectations.

Advice to Management

- Providing more opportunities to get to know people within your department

Describe an experience when you faced a setback?

Fun Learning Experience

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Intern week, by far, was one of the best aspects. Even though I am a shy person, I was able to connect with other interns and learn a great deal about business etiquette. Intern week also had great opportunities to network with very important Abbott employees but still relax with some fun activities.

There is nothing about this internship that I didn't like. I love the culture and passion that all Abbott employees express. Allowing anyone to feel welcome and important.

Always ask questions. Since I do not like standing out I didn't ask a lot of questions, but I learned during intern week that the questions really helped make me fit in and have fun. Greet everyone and be yourself. Don't stress about little things and always be open to feedback so you can do better work.

Advice to Management

Everything is really great. Maybe the Intern Link should be fixed some more to work a little smoother, but this internship is very organized and beneficial.

Life to the Fullest

Oakland, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship include the housing and transportation provided to us by the company. Additionally, I am able to gain real life experience working with financial software and improving many of my soft skills.

While the work I am doing is interesting and I truly feel like I am doing something that will help the company, my projects do not correlate 100% with my major (accounting)

Abbott truly wants every intern to succeed, whether that be within the company or somewhere else. Everyone is willing to assist every intern however they possibly can, another reason that makes Abbott such a great place to intern.

Advice to Management

Some of the training I was required to do did not seem to be very relevant to my role within the company.

Why do you think you would be a good fit for Abbott?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Meaningful Work, Incredible People, and Wonderful Memories

San Diego, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I very much enjoy the people I get to work with as well as the types of projects I get to work on. Every project is meaningful.

I enjoyed every aspect.

I wish I would have known how high paced and hectic it can be. Although I do enjoy this aspect of my job, it is not something I had expected.

I know what I want to do in life and the mission I want to pursue because of Abbott!

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship are the pay and the Abbott culture. I truly feel needed and part of a team.

The hotel I lived in.

I think it is helpful to truly learn about each Abbott division.

Advice to Management

Improve communication between plant management and corporate management.

Describe a situation where you had to do the right thing instead of what you were told by someone.

Finding the best version of me

People, work, values

it was so short

How incredible the internship is and how much effort they put into their interns

Advice to Management

Treat interns like you would a co-worker

What is one of your weaknesses?