Intern at Abbott Internship Program? Submit a Review

Best learning experience, best Internship Ever. Opportunities ffor world travel and benefits as an employee. Could have not asked for more.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

As an Auditor traveling to Paris and Puerto Rico was amazing. But what was better was how I learned how business in different parts of the world work.

There is nothing I would change. Everything was perfect. The people, the culture and the opportunities are simply amazing.

Abbott Laboratories cares about its' employees, whether you are an intern or a full time employee, Abbott is always there to guide you to success. The people are so humble and don't mind giving you attention. They want to see everyone succeed.

Advice to Management

The one thing would have to be the time tracking software can be a little confusing.

Why did you choose Abbott?
Tell me about a time when you had to show your leadership skills to overcome a challange.

Successful Company, Meaningful Work, and Invested People

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the exposure to leadership we received throughout the entire summer.

I had lot more individual work as opposed to teamwork than I initially expected.

Everyone here is extremely helpful and wants others to succeed alongside themselves. With this in mind don't be afraid to ask questions and clarify any type of work that you are asked to do.

Best internship experience up until now!

Roanoke, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HR team is great. They have everything set up for students. They provide housing, transportation (to your assigned location and from your housing to work) and even meals for traveling. Interns only have to worry about packing their bags and arriving to their locations safely. Also, no other company does something like intern week. During this week interns get to ask the ceo questions, meet the other 155 interns, do volunteer work and to take business development trainings.

I would have preferred to know my assigned my assigned location a little bit earlier in the time line. But it was not such a problem, since HR plans for your housing and transportation.

That this is the best work experience you are ever going to get. And if you are going to do an internship, you should do it with a company that impacts peoples lives everyday.

Name a time you had to make a decision and how you handled it

Abbott really cares

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience provided and being hand on with any thing the department did

Some of the things were repetitive because they needed to be done every month

The opportunities after the internship, the culture and work flexibility

Amazing experience with amazing people

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part is the immense experiences with great support

The lack of communication with agendas

You will learn so much about yourself and abbott

Advice to Management

Let interns work in different fields of the company

Meaningful work, incredible culture, and phenomenal people

San Diego, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the fact that I was getting to do incredibly meaningful and impactful work.

Sometimes I wish there was more organization in the projects, but that also leaves room for creativity.

I wish I would have known how competitive the program is.

Advice to Management

N/A. Everything is great

Tell us about a time you were challenged and how you overcame that challenge.

Living life to the fullest as an Abbott Intern.

San Jose, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work is rewarding, I want to work in this industry as a career.

The work environment was more laid back than I prefer.

Know that you need to be inventive, and innovative with your assignments. Don't be bratty and entitled like some of the other interns I worked with are.

Interning at Abbott, an Incredible Experience

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The relevance of my day-to-day tasks really allowed me to feel like I was a critical part of the team. Likewise. the company culture and support I received from my colleagues was nothing short of amazing!

There was really no downside to the internship.

Be sure to do plenty of research before your start date. Abbott produces a wealth of products and is extremely diverse-- an understanding of what the entire company does is extremely beneficial.

Advice to Management

Excellent management and environement, zero complaints here.

Ideal Engineering Internship

Challenge level
Flexibility
Pay Range
Housing

Transportation

Don't be afraid to be a part of a healthcare company; there is more to it than what it seems. Also, they'll teach you everything you need to know so there should also be no fear on being a part of it.

Advice to Management

A more powerful affinity group setting.

Asked to explain previous experiences.

How to grow professionally in 12 weeks.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Open networking opportunities, project management, intern week where interns from across the country came together, professional development, managers who were supportive of my long term goals.

At times, my managers didn't bring me on board with their strategy, which would have been helpful seeing as I was in strategic marketing.

I didn't realize how many opportunities there were within Abbott. I was within one division, which was fairly small. I'm in a special situtation so to speak because I'm not looking for a full time offer after my internship (pursuing graduate school), and it would have been great to know that Abbott supports this. I applied to many companies that did not offer an internship for not full-time job seeking candidates, would make it to the final round, and was ultimately turned away because I was told "We would have hired you, but you were not looking for a full-time offer". The fact that Abbott invests in interns speaks to their frame of mind that you might be a full time employee for them several years down the road. This is somewhat an anomaly in business, and because of it I have a lot of respect for Abbott and feel extremely grateful for the opportunity to be interning.

Tell me about your background

Why do you want to work at Abbott

What do you want to do in the long term?