Intern at Abbott Internship Program? Submit a Review

nice working environment

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

friendly environment, nice peole; great intern week in Chicago

lack of professional training

Do more research on the role you are going to take

How do you think that Abbott is a good fit for you?
Why are you interested in working in a healthcare company?

A great learning experience. ABBOTT makes sure ypu get the most out of it.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The attention recieved from high level executives. Also abbott takes vare of yoir housing and transportation if you need it.

Unless you go to the city, which is like 40 mins away from the housing location, there is not much to do.

More than getting experience through this internship, make connections. Networking is a huge part of the internship and you will have access to high level employess.

Advice to Management

Abbott is a great place to work in. Pay is pretty good and they pay for your housing. I wish I had known a little bit more information about my assignment. Probably should've contacted my manager before the start date.

The interview was behavioral.
Why abbott?, A situation when I was working on a team assignment and there was a conflict and how I resolved it.
Answer all questions using STAR concept. Situation, Task, Action, Results.

The most amazing experience of your life

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that everyone was so willing to help me. I had a great relationship with my manager. I also was given actual responsibiltiies. They gave me many opportunities to learn about the business and encouraged me to meet with others. I was treated like a normal employee.
We had 1 week intern week in Chicago where we were flown out to meet all the interns in the program. We got to network with corporate leaders, receive professional training, participate in service activities and were compensated very well.

I liked pretty much everything about the internship. The only thing I would improve on is the communication between the university relations office and our managers so they are kept aware of our schedule and our expectations.

To have an open mind, be eager to learn.
Always ask questions and work hard.
network as much as you can.

Advice to Management

nothing

Describe yourself.

Describe a time when you had difficulties in working with a team.

Feel valued,respected, and make a difference while making competitive pay with Abbott

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Community, real projects, competitive pay, valued position, preparation for corporate world

Position on the floor being boxed away from other workers.

Come in and don't be afraid to speak up in meetings and share your ideas because even if they get shot down people will be responsive and will respect you for being innovative.

Internship to the fullest

Lake Forest, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking within the company and departments, intern week and all of the activities that came with it, the company exposure.

Not having a car in the middle of nowhere, or at least a bike.

Possibly listing some of the trainings and experience you can get from each department may be helpful.

Advice to Management

For trainings, I would definitely be more able to understand and digest trainings if they were in a video format, and not the recording automatic slides. I mean an actual video that is engaging with multiple people and walk throughs.

For productivity increases in younger and maybe even some of the older employees, I would pitch the idea of creating open and creative workspaces. I know that this idea is not a favorite topic for everyone, so to address the two different opinions, I would then suggest that only one third to one half of the workspace be creative and the rest can remain cubicles.

What skills and change can you bring to Abbott? Tell me about yourself?

An internship bring about many great opportunities

Networking

That its only 3 months

Nothing really came as a surprise

Making Your Summer Mean Something

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the fact that I was working on things that real employees worked on. For instance, I worked with a coworker on a report she completes annually. She explained what it was and how to complete it, and after that it was my own project.

There was nothing that I did not like about my internship experience.

There was nothing I did not know before my internship that I wish I had known. I was a returning intern.

Advice to Management

I was incredibly happy with my management and would not recommend them to change anything.

Tell me about yourself.
Name a time where you failed and how you overcame it.

Abbott CREATES the fullest experience for their interns - people, project, and preparation are all perfect!

San Francisco, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The training received over intern week was incredible. Love the support given through the mentor process.

Offer is specific only to division - changing divisions requires reinterviewing

Understand what Abbott values - what their mission is and what products they have. You'll do a much better job on the interview! For yourself, talk to as many people as possible to understand if the culture is right for you.

Advice to Management

I am very impressed by the diversity in Management. If possible, the peer mentor should have more similar experience to me.

Why Abbott? Why healthcare?

Best Place To Be

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

They really take care of the interns. Housing, Transportation, Weekly Pay, Free Travel and great people to work with.

Nothing, this is a place where there are no mistakes made when it comes to interns

Come prepared and ready to work.

Advice to Management

Everything is literally perfect

Why do you feel that you are a great candidate to this company?

Fantastic internship program that develops your technical & interpersonal & project management skills

Lake Forest, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like that it is a highly structured program with professional preparing team. I also love that we have assignment manager who planned out the internship plan and had weekly meetings with us.

Overal it is fantastic. But maybe more opportunities for peer interns among departments to know each other?

The internship program is wonderful. From the accommodation to the daily jobs, from networking opportunities to the well-planned intern week, you will for sure learn a lot from this experience.