Intern at Medtronic Engineer Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Fun, engaging internship at a grat company

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I worked on projects that actually mattered and also got to make solid contributions.

There was nothing bad about this internship

Make sure you are always looking for work to do. As intern there can be times where the task you are working on is going slowly so it's important to try and help other jobs when the opportunities present themselves.

This question is a classic example of someone getting paid to do an unecessary job

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good networking, fun and challenging work environment

Filling out surveys and training modules like this

Hard work pays dividends

An Incredible Experience in a Short Amount of Time

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variation in experiences I gained, the constant feed of knowledge I recieved and was able to seek out, the mentors that wanted to teach me and guide me

Honestly I have no complaints, I liked it all.

If youre interested in coming back, let them know. Ask qustions. Ask a lot of questions.

Advice to Management

Limit busy work

N/A

Great experience, great knowledge, great company

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Applied skills I learned in the classroom to real world situations.

Sometimes hard to find data I needed.

Great atmosphere that is focused on learning and continuously improving. What you do every day will better people's lives.

"It sounds like the best internship I've ever heard of"

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

An informed hiring process, good pay, inteligent & friendly mentors & peers, flexible schedule, coffee everyday, close to home, nice campus

Slow pace of the medical device industry. (FDA)

Take the job.

Advice to Management

More summer associate activites

Cannot remember the exact questions but the answers had to be in "STAR" format. (Situation. Task. Action taken. Results)

Learn Real-World Software Development

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

being able to work on enterprise-level projects gave me an advantage moving forward, as opposed to menial low-level coding tasks at school

everything went smoothly, except the move-in process was difficult at the beinning.

Ask questions and don't be afraid to take on work that may seem over your head at first.

Advice to Management

Management promoted a positive workplace and gave tasks out that were difficult but doable, which makes me as an employer feel worthwhile.

Explain (insert project here) implementations.
Experience with specific languages and software tools
How would you tackle (insert type of coding problem)

Amazing experience

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship and understanding how med devices system works.

engineering documentation

Don't be afraid to reach out to people and meet withthem

Building power sources for medical devices.

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Got exposed to a lot of new technology and information, got some good hands-on experiences.

Things can move slowly.

Medtronic is a fantastic company to work for, and they have an excellent intern program. Networking is highly encourages, and they want you to have the best possible experience that you can.

Great Company, Great People, Great Experience

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were that I was given a project that was mine to tackle. I was treated as a normal employee with deadlines, meeting, and goals. I was given appropriate guidance and was given the opportunity to learn about the company, the products as well as learn what a regulated field is like.

In the very beginning, this like a normal employee feel is not super appropriate as many people don't know much about the medical field and need extra guidance to get on your feet.

It is helpful to know going in that medtronic has many products accross the board and many departments so if you don't like what you are doing reach out. Medtronic does a great job of investing the time into you as an employee and wants to do what they can to keep you within the company. The knowledge learned is valuable to the company and its mission.

What classes have you taken? Are you a queezy person? Why the medical device industry?

Great internship experience

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

-A great manager who has provided guidance on my project as well as advice for networking and future goals.
-A project that I am very interested in and hope to pursue more of in the future
-A lot of networking opportunities

The part that I like least about my internship is documenting my project.

I very much enjoyed my internship experience.