Intern at Viacom Internship Program? Submit a Review

Best Spot in Hollywood

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to see different channels work in one building.

Can't complain about anything. The commute? The traffic in Los Angeles is pretty busy. But that's it.

The opportunities that are within the building; network network network!

Tell us about yourself? Why Interested in Viacom?

Hands on learning for a licensing newbie

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to learn hands on from the people around me with real documents. I was often given different, new, and exciting tasks each day.

We were located far from our supervisors, so there was definitely a difficulty building relationships with them.

Reach out to people in the office and learn how they got there- many of them are very busy but will spare sometime for people who are eager to learn/

The Best is Yet to Come: The Internship of a Lifetime

-Networking
-Informational Panels with Executives
-Weekly Development Brainstorm Meetings, where your voice is heard
-Contributing with notes/feedback for shows that are in post-production

I loved my internship. If anything, I would have liked more work throughout the week as I can never get enough!

I felt that what was listed on The Viacom Careers Site and what was said in the interview process matched my experience while working there. The potential employer explained what my specific internship consisted of very well.

Advice to Management

Towards the end of my internship, our floor began to do informational panels with two Executives each week. I would have liked to experience that with our floor the first month of my internship as well.

-What is your favorite show to watch- not counting any MTV shows?
-Are you available to work Monday through Friday at our Hollywood Viacom office?
-How do you keep up with pop culture?
-Tell me about yourself.

The Team Behind That Brand Spotlight On MTV and its Viacom Family of Networks

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to network with diverse group of individuals within the company, Youthful Company Culture, Open to creativity and strategy (new ideas)

Nothing negative!

Depending on location (different cultures), Viacom has stand alone presence in New York in Times Square. Chicago is a satellite office and focusing on Advertising Sales and Partner Marketing. it is one floor of a large office building, so ability to adjust to different settings. Be open to learn and explore.

Lots of New Experiences

- Meeting other interns
- Networking with other employees
- Viacom's intern forums

- The fact that I was mostly at my desk all day

- Reach out to everyone you can! People like hearing about interns

Best Working Experience to Date

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentoring circles and lunch & learns.

It's hard to find something I didn't like.

Be prepared to indulge yourself in multiple departments and have meetings with people with different responsibilities to become well versed in all areas.

What are you looking to gain out of this experience

Just incredibly amazing! So many interesting meetings and people I've had the fortune to meet. They've taught me so much.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved reading script and and giving my input

I wish I could have worked all days of the week

I wish I would have had more exposure to scripts prior to the internship.

Advice to Management

More projects for the interns!

Favorite shows, what comedians you have seen/what venue. Why you love film/TV industry.

Intellectually challenging, but not physically draining.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to learn about new media markets and how they function. Being new in the entertainment industry, every bit of information about the way the industry works in the US vis-a-vis foreign countries was extremely useful to know. I was also challenged to learn and do things that I had never done before and that encouraged me to explore other options.

There wasn't anything that I disliked.

I would research on the way team is structured. In this company, it is vital to have a good and supportive manager if you want to progress. I was lucky and had a fantastic manager who was whip smart and diligent, and cared immensely about my learning opportunities. Most of my great experience was due to my manager so I would try to see if you gel well with your manager before accepting a role here.

Advice to Management

I think training is something they can improve on. The first day orientation was mostly routine stuff, but I would have appreciated if different people from other functions would've dropped in to impart knowledge about the company and its functions.

Why are you interested in the internship?
Tell me about your past work experiences?
What are the new media trends that fascinate you and why?
What do you hope to get out of this internship?
What are the days you are willing to commit to the internship?

Memorable, Unique & Hands-On

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything was so wonderful. The office, the management, and exposure to working the in media industry. I loved it and hope to return!

Little interaction with interns in other departments.

To be passionate for the business, and be enthusiastic to take-on responsibility and network with other professionals.

My experience prepared me for my future I believe. I worked with incredible people and they gave me a lot of responsibility.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with and the responsibility they gave me.

That I didn't get a permanent offer.

Everything was straight forward and they really gave a lot of responsibility to me. They allowed me to be creative and explore my views.