CBS News Intern Program

Amazing Internship
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was the best being able to assist with shoots and sit in on the control room.

I didn't not like anything about this internship, it was a very good work experience.

Accept every task

Awesome experience, great people

Going on shoots

Logging tape

Say yes to everything

Fantastic, would recommend to all!
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working at 60 minutes and the internship lectures!

Nothing! Loved it all

CBS news is a creative and accepting working environment. I could not be more proud to have interned here

Advice to Management

Nothing, liked it all!

Always smiling, and always willing to help, teach, and discuss the future
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly people, amazing opportunities, wonderful atmosphere, wonderful intern program... Didnt even feel like an intern

Not applicable

It's the best news organization. All original reporting

Advice to Management

N\a

Internship Program Director Goes Above and Beyond for Interns
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Weekly activities with entire intern program. An intense group project with provided equipment and budget that pushed interns to their greatest potential.

The internship program went above my expectations. It was amazing and I can't think of any bad qualities.

Always help and never laze around. Don't say anything disrespectful as every word will be remembered. Your face will be remembered only for the worst and best things you do.

Advice to Management

Extend the program from 10 weeks to 12 weeks.

The best summer of my life.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything about this internship was amazing. I met wonderful people who mentored me and relied on me. I was able to gain so much real-life experience in this field while in an awesome environment.

Sometimes it can be intimidating answering the phones but you just have to be confident and ask someone until you gain a sense of the answers you should be giving.

I would say if you have a will to learn, a love for broadcast and news then CBS News is the place to be.

Advice to Management

It would always be nice to receive a larger compensation just because New York is an expensive place to live but I would not trade my experience for the world.

Fast paced, constantly challenging, and immensley rewarding journalism training
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people here are phenomenal and the culture is contagious. Being surrounded by helpful and intelligent mentors was by far the best part of my experience.

If anything it was just too short

Know the company and know the shows. Do your homework and come in with an open mind. Job descriptions don't exist in this business, if you want to be successful you can't consider yourself entitled to anything, at least at first.

Interns develop and harness essential skills in the field of journalism and production .
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are so many great aspects about this internship. The notion of pitches that have the potential to make the show is a neat aspect. Furthermore, the ability to sit in on production meetings and gain a better understanding for production and the news environment provides interns with useful knowledge about the process of putting a show together. Going on shoots was also a very cool aspect because we were able to see how interviews work and had each detail is important.

overall I had a good time and learned a lot.

Work hard in school and

Advice to Management

work hard in school and absorb everything you learn, whether it is at your internship or college. Always ask questions and be the one to want to complete tasks.

A place were 10 seconds is enough time to make an impression on many. Networking, networking and more networking.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part is the networking and hands on experience. (NEWSPATH)

The stipend could be a little more

Get lost in that building and meet as many people as you can.

Wait this is an INTERNSHIP?! But you do so much!
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I honestly can't pick a best part. I really liked the week-long intern project, but I also really enjoyed working with my bosses and other researchers to make sure our broadcast had the best and most accurate information possible. I was honored to have my work air every night, and my friends often couldn't believe that this was an internship, and not a job because of how well they treated me and the responsibilities they let me have.

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

CBS really takes care of you if you're willing to work hard. The people here are great and extremely helpful, but only if you are willing to work hard. They have no patience for people who don't try, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Advice to Management

I wish we could get more of a stipend, but I understand that's impossible. The internship itself is a worthy investment to make. Their hands are also tied in terms of jobs, because CBS fills jobs very fast, so they usually don't hold positions for an entire school year. All things I wish I could change are just a product of the industry as a whole, and don't reflect individually on CBS.