CBS News Intern Program Internship

Intern at CBS News Intern Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

The best thing I've ever done!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to get great hands on experience, and learn from the best in the industry.

It was un-paid.

Just be willing to give it your all. Work hard, smart and be positive.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say, the management was excellent!

CBS News the best place for a journalist to Intern
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The greatest aspects of the internship was the ability to be able to work with producers and assistants on shows. It was a really rewarding experience. Also having the chance to learn from some of the most powerful people in the industry.

Not applicable

My advice is to be eager, attentive, an asset to the team and no job is to little.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

CBS News internship the most rewarding, challenging and gratifying experience of my life.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were encouraged, and had the ability, to make the internship what best suited to our needs. Not only was I entrusted to complete major projects that involved coordinating logistics for CBS Radio affiliates, I also had time to initiate meetings with reporters and producers I have admired for years. Katie Curcio, our intern coordinator, also did a fantastic job of providing us with speakers every week, kickball and softball games, as well as the chance to spend a week putting together a TV story with a group. I can't complain about one thing about that internship. It was the best.

I honestly liked everything about it. I was nervous to work with random members of a group for a week, but it worked out great and provided real-world challenges that we learned to work through.

Even at the network level, there is a tremendous feeling of family at CBS. I felt welcomed by everyone I met.

A wonderful hands on experience at CBS News

Meeting professionals

Everything about the internship was completely amazing

Be ready for an ACTUAL internship, where you work with the company.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the organization was flawless.

Great internship that allows you to learn from the best of the best.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being at CBS headquaters in New York City and having the opportunity to meet and network with some experienced journalist. I also feel that I was doing the same work as a newly hired full-time employee.

It went by too fast. I would also like to have seen different parts of the company. Mainly got the experience the one place I was stationed and I would like to seen other operations in the company.

Be prepared to work hard and take follow advantage of networking and meeting as many people as you can.

Internship lets students prosper in NY enviornment
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere, working relationships and learning experience

No pay and commute

Make use of the resources you have around you, talk to everyone and use your time wisely.

Advice to Management

Make use of the interns, don't let them just sit at a desk. Use them.

CBS News Internship Program a boon to student journalists
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- the experience (writing, researching, interviewing)
- corporate culture nonexistent (felt welcome and appreciated)

- Educational Housing, the organization which they recommended, was not up to par.

- Appreciative of all workers, no matter what the job.
- Absence of corporate vibe makes everyone feel welcome.

An excellent, hands-on opportunity to work with a national media organization

Networking, meaningful work

Low compensation

Must be willing to put in serious work and must love journalism.

Advice to Management

Better compensation might be nice, but everything else was truly perfect.

CBS News: The Real World Journalistic Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the best aspects of the internship were being able to network with those within the company as well as other interns and receieving guidance through our weekly workshops.

What I liked least about the internship was not being able to show as much of my work for criticism.

I would tell potential interns to not be afraid to ask questions because all uncertainties can be addressed.

CBS Internship Offers Real World Experience In One of the Best Corporate Environments in the Country
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were incredibly approachable, inclusive and intelligent--they were more than willing to work with you and the assignments were both challenging and more than likely would earn you some credit.

The stipend was rather weak.

I could not have asked for a better corporate environment. The people here at CBS and especially 60 Minutes want nothing more than for you to succeed. If you can prove your dedication and passion, they will ensure you are given the work to best demonstrate your skills. They function like a family and show young reporters what quality news reporting is all about. I cannot say enough positive things about this internship, but I know that I am working around the clock to make sure I come back there.

Advice to Management

I would say pay should be considered, but I would recommend the internship to anyone even without pay.