Intern at Owens Corning Internship? Submit a Review

Owens Corning Internship is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn on the job while gaining valuable experience and knowledge.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Given actual projects that had a huge impact on the manufacturing plant. I loved how challenging the projects were and how I was able to solve very difficult problems.

The internship was too short. I wish that I could have stayed longer. When you finally get into a groove, its time to go home and go back to school.

The internship is what you make of it. Work hard, enjoy the challenges, and be positive. Its hard, but that is what makes it so worth it.

Advice to Management

Send Internship from the different plants to Headquarters for a tour so that they can get a feel of the HQ and culture there.

Owens Corning offers interns a place to expand real life experiences and personal growth. Most competitive pay I have seen for an internship

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to meet with the CEO of this company as well as the executives that report to him was a very unique and exciting experience. My favorite part was presenting on a weekly basis in front of audiences of up to 100 people on real life topics that make a large difference for the company. Traveling also became a cool part of the job; flying to Atlanta, GA and Dallas, TX during my time here.

This internship had so many great aspects to it. One thing I could critique about it would be the fact that Interns are suggested to not work over 40 hours per week.

This company offers an environment that is second to none. The people and culture here are truly one of a kind. One piece of advice is to work hard. This company gives you so much freedom and flexibility and it is important to not abuse that privilege.

Advice to Management

There are some meet and greet events that interns are expected to attend, however, some of the speakers come from positions outside of my core focus so I do not find value to it.

What have you done to prepare for this interview?
What do you think a day in the life of an ASM(Area Sales Manager/outside rep) is like?
Sell me this _______ .

Fun

The payment

Too title driven

Interview them as well

Advice to Management

Don't take yourselves too seriously

Can't remember

Applying fundamental learnings to real life products

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, my team was fantastic. The environment here was great to work in and everyone would go to lengths to help.

Lack of intern events here, socializing outside of work was dependent on trying to organize others.

Have an idea of what you want to get out of the internship and what you have to do in order to achieve that goal. What resources were available since the start.

Advice to Management

N/A

What was a time you were misunderstood.

Owens Corning promotes growth and opportunity for you to become a better leader and a more well balanced employee

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Owens Corning goes unmatched. The willingness from all of the other employees to help is quite astonishing. You never feel like the intern that has to go get coffee and distribute it around the office. They provide so many growth opportunities and set up so many events to polish professional skills. They care so much about the town of which they come, Toledo, and had us participate in a community service day that was awesome. Events were set up where the other interns could interact with everybody, and they are really invested in making sure the interns have the best experience they can.

There was nothing I didn't like, because the uncomfortable situations that they put me in only helped me grow personally and professionally.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Everybody is willing to help, and the projects you partake in will only get easier if you effectively use the great people around you.

Advice to Management

I couldn't have asked to be placed at a better internship.

Mostly behavioral based questions, such as: describe a situation when you had to work through a problem, and what resources did you use to solve that problem?

The best experience you can expect as an engineering student looking to develop into a young professional, a fantastic opportunity.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Developing as a young professional, networking and building relationships with coworkers, branching out and applying my knowledge to real project work, learning about work in a manufacturing environment, and continuously gaining knowledge that I'll be able to use for the rest of my life.

Dealing with outside contractors/fabricators and scheduling work on completion of my projects proved difficult. More than once implementing my designs was pushed back due to various reasons, which hindered the amount of time I had to obtain results.

Every single day is an opportunity to learn something new, don't be afraid to let your curiosity show. There is no such thing as a dumb question, and always listen before you act, the full-time employees at OC are your strongest resources, listening to them will get you very far. Also don't ever feel that what you're doing is unimportant, every bit of work you do towards your projects is important, take pride in that.

Advice to Management

Nothing really comes to mind for improvement, my projects were specifically tailored to my strengths, the plant was a very diverse environment, and I felt very welcomed here.

"Why could you see yourself in a manufacturing environment?" "What are you planning on doing with your degree after you graduate?" "What clubs and activities are you involved in on campus?" "Tell us about a time when you struggled with completing a project, and what you did to overcome that" "Tell us about your biggest accomplishment, the one that you're most proud of" "What type of leadership positions do you or did you hold, and what were your responsibilities?"

Finance and Accounting Leadership Development

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The relationships I made.

We weren't allowed to work over 40 hours a week, and at times, the environment seems a little competitive.

Make sure you are ready to step outside of your comfort zone and put yourself out there. I wish I would have known more about my projects before I started so I could come in more prepared.

Advice to Management

I wish all grad school was fully compensated.

Out of all four financial statements, which one would you look at if you were going to invest in a company?

Engineering Learning Experience in Collaborative Manufacturing Plant

Irving, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Internship projects were both interesting and added real value to the business.

The Texas summer heat.

Owens Corning will give you value adding projects as an intern and a chance to become a part of the plant team.

Advice to Management

This internship was the ideal internship experience in my opinion.

Please tell me about a time when you solved a problem in the workplace.

Amazing People and Projects

Denver, CO | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meaningful Projects
Challenging Projects
Fun team to work with, who will help you in anyway possible if you need it
Good company structure, with opportunities to move up

No overtime pay for the internship

Owens Corning loves to hear about how you have lead people before. It may be a little overwhelming in a manufacturing plant to start, but it will be okay!

Owens Corning Science and Technology Summer Internship

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My internship at Owens Corning was a very valuable experience. There was clearly a lot of thought and time that went into planning my project outline. While this was a very structured outline, there was still time for me to give my input, and flexibility to dictate where the project went. My summer work was also very closely associated with several aspects of my studies while at college. I was able to apply my knowledge to the real world.

I wish I could spend more time at Owens Corning working on my project.

Know as much as you can about the company before coming on as an intern. This will allow you to get a jump start on your research.