Intern at Owens Corning Internship? Submit a Review

Internship focused as much on development as work.

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The focus on personal development.

The fact that OC is such a large business made for a few times where there was a lot of pull in different directions and it was impossible to prioritize your own work.

The main point that holds a lot of people back from considering OC is the fact that its in Toledo. I was timid as well but I love Toledo now that I have lived here and think it is a great place to live.

Owens Corning was lit!

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working for a company that has a big affect on the city is cool

Being in Toledo but that's a given

Be okay with the idea of staying in Toledo and show you want to be here.

Advice to Management

Keep placing value and investments into your internship program

No questions went unanswered.

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Contact with leadership, growth/learning opportunities, openness of all employees, culture, work environment, future prospects.

The internship ending

My only advice would be don't be nervous coming in. It is okay to not know what you are doing because the people at OC are here to help you learn and grow, not ridicule or put you down for not knowing something.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would advise them to improve on is their clarity regarding the timing of job offers/the process that comes with it.

N/A

Valuable and well compensated experience under an amazing program.

Cleveland, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Really enjoy being in a plant environment. Everyone I talk to is extremely smart and knowledgeable about plant operations. Everyone is willing to help when asked for assistance.
Lots of exposure to the plant leadership and outside leadership.

The internship has times of structured review and feedback so that I can know what I am doing well and what I could improve upon.
Internship is well structured and the recruiting team was quick with decisions and communicated well.

I get to the plant very early everyday around 6 AM so waking up is a little difficult. However, it is definitely worth it.

Great people who are willing to help with anything.

Advice to Management

I have no specific advice for management. I think the program is very well managed.

Can't recall.

Challenging But Rewarding

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of independence I have during my work and the directions I can take.

Cubicle life is not for me

Independence can help or hurt you. If you do not have the self-discipline to apply yourself 100% no one will make you, but you will not be that successful.

An Experience of a Lifetime!

Culture
Meaningful thoughout projects
Travel
Being invested in

Not long enough

Be prepared to voice your opinion and have leaders ask you what you are working on and how your projects will support the companies in the future.

Behavioral style questions with multiple interviewers

Owens Corning teaches interns to do so much with so little for so long we can do practically anything with nothing.

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship was shadowing area sales managers and getting face time interaction with customers.

My capstone project was very difficult to tackle. A resource in my office that I could have worked with on the project would have been helpful.

I believe Owens Corning teaches you almost everything you need to know after you are hired on. Maintain your competitive nature throughout your time with OC.

Advice to Management

Owens Corning does not have problems with hours, employee retention, etc. I cannot speak to compensation as I was paid hourly as an intern. It would be nice to have a session with someone in HR in regards to full time pay and benefits to enlighten interns.

Tell me about yourself. What do you know about Owens Corning?

Internship: Amazing Compensation and Experience

Irving, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was my mentor. He was very knowledgeable and willing to work with me. He gave me meaningful projects that kept me busy, and these projects bring a lot of value to the company.

The only thing I can think of is how short it was.

I would advise to just jump into your projects quickly. Learn the key players, and just go right into it from the beginning. It will make a lot in regards to time management. With only three months, you do not want to waste time. Also, do not be afraid to question and shake up the normal.

Advice to Management

N/A Irving`s management was perfect.

My interview was behavioral based. For example, I was asked the following question:
"Tell me about a time you had a conflict with another co-worker."

Growth and Learning

Denver, CO | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I took so much away from my leaders and their willingness to teach.

I like everything about the internship, but I think it was initially challenging to learn the business.

The company wants you to grow and progress in your career and they give you the material to do so. If you are looking for feedback and opportunities for growth and learning this is a perfect option.

Advice to Management

I think this organization addresses all of these issues. I did not have any problems or issues with the company.

What are you looking to get out of your internship? Are there skills that you know you need to improve?

My overall experience was productive, I was able to build some great communication/project management skills.

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Teamwork, culture, project exposure, organization, networking

Timeframe would be the only issue, but this isn't anything that has to do with my actual experience.

Get out and talk to the floor employees. Let them know you're there to make improvements, and show your face daily.