Intern at Owens Corning Internship? Submit a Review

Challenging, technical, and fulfilling

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the freedom of being able to devise my own experiments, conduct my experiments with the help of technicians, and analyze my data in a way that I saw fit. I had control over every aspect of my project, and this allowed me to better understand my work.

The scheduled events were often rescheduled because of time conflicts. Additionally, several meet-and-greet sessions had technical difficulties that made the experience frustrating.

Owens Corning has a flexible working environment and allows for their employees to work on fundamental science. The company culture here is phenomenal.

Development of talent is main commitment of Owens Corning internship program.

Memphis, TN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to experience full time engineering work while being allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.

The short length of time (3 months) made it difficult to accomplish all that I wanted to.

Do your research, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Unique and Impactful Internship Experience of a Lifetime

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship program. People. Culture.

I really do not have anything that I disliked about my internship.

Truly an amazing company. Once you invest in the company, they invest in you. They truly want you to succeed and grow.

Advice to Management

NA

What has been your biggest failure? What are you strengths, weaknesses? If I were to run into a past employer at the grocery store, what would they say about you? Why OC? Why HR?

I learned a ton, grew a lot, loved who I worked with and overall really enjoyed my experience.

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The meaningful work and the people

Lack of opportunities to work on collaborative projects with other interns.

It's a very relationship based company. Be prepared for a networking environment that borderlines on political.

Advice to Management

Better technology training.

Lots of STAR questions

Owens Corning is a great internship where the full time employees treat with respect and trust you as more than just an intern.

Greenville, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Connecting with people within the plant and owens corning as a company. Everyone is always willing to help us.

I would've liked to do more community service outside of the internship.

You will be doing more than just busy work. You'll be working on projects that will impact the company after you leave.

Advice to Management

Visit the plant sites more often.

Going over past projects. Behavioral questions

An Amazing Experience

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining valuable experience in my field, meeting with leaders, getting to know the other interns

Occasionally I felt there was a lack of feedback from the people evaluating me throughout the summer.

I had a truly good experience this summer. My work was more impactful than I thought it would be, and OC is a great company to work for.

This is only the beginning.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay/ real world experience

Went very quickly.

A company that puts safety first, is a company you want to work for.

Advice to Management

Research housing a little better, get the site involved in that process because they know the area better.

How do you prioritize your work?

Getting Real Life Work Experience

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The relationships that were develop here and getting to know a lot of people.

Too much networking can make your work suffer

Always take some intitative

Advice to Management

None

None

An opportunity to enhance every aspect of yourself related to sales, while creating lasting relationships along the way

Plano, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

OC gives interns the opportunity to travel to the territory that they work with throughout the summer. This trip allowed me to see the people I had called on throughout the summer, as well as meet with the upper management in my territory. Making the trip to my territory ultimately made me realize that this is a place that I want to work full time come next summer.

In the beginning of the internship, I had a lot on my plate and not a lot of time left to complete it. I was stressed about reaching deadlines, but this experience forced me to create a schedule and stick to it in order to complete my tasks. The experience certainly showed that there was room for improvement in my time management abilities, and I was able to improve and enhance because of this experience.

Take the opportunity to meet as many people as you can. Everyone here is willing to help you if you simply reach out to them. Pick up the phone, send them an email. They will help you if you simply reach out. Like I said, building relationships was one of my favorite things about this internship, and this is how I did it.

Advice to Management

Providing a cheat sheet with a list of acronyms and products used in roofing would have been extremely helpful.

Why do you want to work here?
What makes you best for this position?
Why sales?

Meaningful work and a great work-life balance

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think the interns here get paid really generously and the work-life balance is very good. There is a lot of flexibility. People here are all nice and willing to help. Lots of opportunities to get to know top management (like CFO/CEO, etc). Large company but small company culture. Free fruit/fruit infused water in the cafeteria. Lots of fun activities scattered throughout the internship. Plenty of chances to win free stuff. Projects given are actually impactful and you learn a lot. Internship encourages you to get out of your comfort zone.

The location. Toledo isn't that bad but I'm just used to bigger, more bustling cities with more things to do. I also think that assessment week is a little excessive (final presentation, full day case study/presentation, 3 panel interviews).

Touch bases are very important - make sure you set up time with people in the company to get to know them. You are given a good amount of freedom so don't just sit there and wait for someone to tell you to do something - be on top of things. If you find yourself bored then ask for more tasks. Your voice is valued at the company so don't feel like you can't speak up because you're an intern - you're valued like an actual employee.

Advice to Management

Nap pods, day-care center

-2 strengths/2 weaknesses